Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    But this isn't the only instance where this has happened.

Look at the Vulpera recruitment. Nightborne, Orcs and Zandalari were all asking for help and the Horde couldn't provide help to all of them at the same time.
    Humans and Night Elves in 8.1 - growing further apart because of Anduin's reluctance to send Alliance forces to night elf lands.
    Void Elves and Lightforged - obvious and has been documented on being very different in outlooks.
    BFA had the Kalimdor Horde and EK Horde pitied against each other.

This was one questline which is Sin'dorei / Blood Knight specific is nothing by comparison. Plus, I for one, love more racial specific focus than faction focus.
    It was not really the first time and it started even before BfA. During Amani crisis, Garosh did not send help to Quel'thalas either, so they had to ask Vereesa and Silver Covenant rangers for help. There was a Vol'jin and his shadow hunters involved too, but mostly because Vol'jin took it as his personal matter to deal with Amani/Gurubashi (he also sent Darkspear Emissary to Stormwind to ask for aid), so he did not really acted on behalf of the Horde at the moment.

It's good to see blood elves do not rely on Horde's help and can stand on their own.

it would be great to see a chat between lor'themar and kael'thas. i hope lorthemar changes his title i think of him in lord protector of the republic of quelthalas

Such beautiful updated for the Thalassian Elven architecture.

It's also nice to see Blizzard ignore the requests on MMO, where velfs and helfs should be more important than them and that Blood Elves (and their fanbase) should be reduced in the lore.

3+ Year Old Account
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    That looks awesome!

Such beautiful updated for the Thalassian Elven architecture.

It's also nice to see Blizzard ignore the requests on MMO, where velfs and helfs should be more important than them and that Blood Elves (and their fanbase) should be reduced in the lore.
    Honestly, I recall only Varadoc requesting that and he is not taken seriously by anybody.

I mean, there is no reason why should be blood elves reduced or their lore should be less important... and that apply to all playable core and allied races. I mean... within the Alliance narrative, it's natural void/high elves can play important roles and can develop their own path, but in a large scope, they are minorities in thalassian society, with blood elves representing majority.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Honestly, I recall only Varadoc requesting that and he is not taken seriously by anybody.

I mean, there is no reason why should be blood elves reduced or their lore should be less important... and that apply to all playable core and allied races. I mean... within the Alliance narrative, it's natural void/high elves can play important roles and can develop their own path, but in a large scope, they are minorities in thalassian society, with blood elves representing majority.
    And Mace and Ravenmoon and people who were actually giving it some thought and starting agreeing with it.

It was all a very odd affair as they wanted us to feel sorry for the night elves, but wanted the blood elves to go through the same and the blood elf fanbase to accept it.

And Mace and Ravenmoon and people who were actually giving it some thought and starting agreeing with it.

It was all a very odd affair as they wanted us to feel sorry for the night elves, but wanted the blood elves to go through the same and the blood elf fanbase to accept it.
    Oh, yes, you are right. I usually just glimpse through their posts, because they are... well... walls of text. I do not share their ideas of Silvermoon (and blood elf culture to an extent) to be reduced on Horde and being build up within the Alliance. Blood elves are Horde. They might not be always on most friendly terms with the whole Horde, but they are Horde. What was actually unique about the faction, was that some members were not always best buddies, they were allies out of convience and it created interesting interactions. For example, there was a blood elf stationed in Swamp of Sorrows, with orcs being extremely cautious of her. That creates interesting dynamics and make the faction more natural. I lost that feeling in the Horde over years and I must say, I think it would be cool to bring such stories back. Horde fractured several times over few years, there would be possibly many members with different opinions. There is no single Warchief to enforce one direction of the Horde. With the council, Horde races are now allowed to express their interests, they are not obliged to follow Warchief 24/7.

As for blood elves, my own personal opinion was that the most logical move for them would be neutral nation, similar to Kirin Tor, Argent Crusade, etc. Now, with Lor'themar being part of the Horde Council (so he can finaly push sin'dorei interests within the Horde) and Forsaken rebuilding Lordaeron, it makes sense for blood elves to stay with the Horde. It makes even more sense now, because Horde Council seem to be in favor of the Armistice/peace with the Alliance. I believe blood elves are the best Horde representatives to make connections and peace talks with the Alliance, since they have history with the Alliance and part of their people are still part of the Alliance too... and we actually see it in Dragonflight, with Reliquary working closely with Explorer's League.

I'm quite curious about future stories. I predict blood elves can take more active role within the Horde. I also think that on the Alliance, high elves will not be really focused on and void elves will be the major group on the thalassian front, but most likely night elves will be in spotlight due to renewal and most likely new world tree from that Ardenweald seed. It's is ok, since blood elves are the original Horde elves with Nightborne being more supportive group, and night elves being the original Alliance elves, with high/void elves being supportive group. It's not that Nightborne or Void elves can't get any development, because their main groups are on the opposite faction, but I don't expect much.

3+ Year Old Account
    I stopped taking Ravenmoon seriously when he said "Suramar and Quel'thalas are Alliance themed because they are"
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

It's only a bunch of HD tents. Updating minor assets here and there is the bare minimum for a triple AAA game expansion.

Meanwhile, in an alternate reality, Alleria Windrunner turned the entire capital city of the Alliance into a Cosmic dystopia for Void elves. I must say, seeing an "Old God-ified" version of Stormwind was quite intriguing.

I think I can trade a bunch of HD tents with the awesome storyline I saw in the Vision of N'Zoth. After all, I follow a story because I am interested in the characters, not the tents.

I also expect Magister Umbric to be featured in this expansion and have interactions with the Reliquary. After all, Umbric spent a lot of time with the Explorer's League in BfA and even helped them with whatever they were doing to that big ape.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-06-17 at 11:46 AM.

I stopped taking Ravenmoon seriously when he said "Suramar and Quel'thalas are Alliance themed because they are"
    It is certainly true that Suramar and Quel'thalas aligned with the Horde, politically, but it's completely undeniable that prior to their inclusion among the Horde both of those aesthetics and narratives were decidedly Alliance-derived — the implementation of Blood Elves on the Horde was one of, if not the, most controversial things that has ever happened to World of Warcraft.

An unfortunate reality is that Blizzard's primary means of rendering the Horde tolerable for the masses has always been pilfering aesthetics from the Alliance's nations; what's most unfortunate is that they're seemingly unwilling to even attempt allowing the "core" races of the Horde to actually shine by introducing some obvious frontrunners into the mix (i.e. Forest Trolls, Yaungol, Ogres, "Nathanos-style Forsaken", etc.).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyersing View Post
    the implementation of Blood Elves on the Horde was one of, if not the, most controversial things that has ever happened to World of Warcraft.
    well yeah, in an ideal world: Forsaken and the Blood Elves should've been on a third faction

well yeah, in an ideal world: Forsaken and the Blood Elves should've been on a third faction
    Neither of them are strong enough to be a third faction.

Without the support of the Horde, the Forsaken would be easy pickings for the Alliance. That's why Sylvanas was desperate to negotiate with her brother's murderers.

Without Horde support covering their fronts, the Forsaken wouldn't be able to support the Blood elves in the Ghostlands, meaning that Dar'khan Drathir would be left unchecked.

This is why this would be the ideal world. A world where no power in Lordaeron is able to make a stand against the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Honestly I much would be happy to see more Thalassian Stuff in General in WoW Than Nothing. So far this is looking good for Dragon Isles.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkknight97 View Post
    Honestly I much would be happy to see more Thalassian Stuff in General in WoW Than Nothing. So far this is looking good for Dragon Isles.
    new stuff

new reliquary symbol

blood elf ship

new mana wrym
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2022-07-17 at 02:16 AM.

new stuff

new reliquary symbol

blood elf ship

new mana wrym
    Absolutely stunning.

It's great to see more of the Reliquary and it being truly expanded upon.

Actually hope we see the Blood Elf Warlock Archaeology trainer, Elynara.

Absolutely stunning.

It's great to see more of the Reliquary and it being truly expanded upon.

Actually hope we see the Blood Elf Warlock Archaeology trainer, Elynara.
    I actually really like they added great mana wyrms (latest 6month subscription reward) in Theron's Watch as NPCs, possibly as a flight point.

It's really flavorful, it makes sense that wyrms could grow into such forms now when Sunwell is restored... And it looks really great, especially with reigns and saddle matching sin'dorei heritage.

Now I wish we see similar stuff for other races too.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    I actually really like they added great mana wyrms (latest 6month subscription reward) in Theron's Watch as NPCs, possibly as a flight point.

It's really flavorful, it makes sense that wyrms could grow into such forms now when Sunwell is restored... And it looks really great, especially with reigns and saddle matching sin'dorei heritage.

Now I wish we see similar stuff for other races too.
    i want to see them add this to quel'thalas

i want to see them add this to quel'thalas
    Quel'thalas is definitely in need of update. These wyrms would be great addition to more traditional dragonhawks.

Also, I hope these backpacks could be eventually back transmog.