Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Rule 1: Never make hubs in indoor locations
    MoP's shrines were perfectly fine. In fact, lets go back to that sort of thing.

I think a topic like this calls for opinions that almost everyone can get behind, so here’s mine. Better target dummies.

Target dummies are incredibly valuable for practice and testing, and most of the ones introduced into shadowlands have been totally lackluster. NL for example not only has 0 aoe dummies, but the single target dummies are so close together that you can’t help but cleave when hitting them. NF has solid ST dummies, but only has 3 dummies for aoe. Venthyr has the aoe dummies right, but their ST options have the same pitfall that NL has.

Bastion got it right, and all hubs going forward should have similar setups. It’s so much better than any other option that on all my characters I’ve stopped the korthia campaign on chapter 7 (which sends you to bastion) just so I can go hit the dummies there when the mood strikes.

Most changes “everyone can get behind” are by nature not exactly gigantic, but I do think this is something the majority of players would appreciate or at least not feel is a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    I agree Oribos kinda sucked, I want cities, not a weird lobby.
    WoW is more of a lobby game than an open world game now anyway.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    largely depends how you do it really. Oribos is largely indoors yet you can mount up in most of the areas. same with Dalaran, Shattrath, Orgrimmar, Stormwind, Dazar'alor and Boralus. The only ones we've had where you can't mount inside were the MoP shrines. so yeah I would say that the vast majority have been mount friendly

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I liked Oribos. Was something different.

A rule could be, don't design instanced content with the ability to skip without making inclusion methods of who and what can skip.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    MoP's shrines were perfectly fine. In fact, lets go back to that sort of thing.
    MoP Shrines were OK because they were very small and had the speed buff.

Personally I want something like Boralus but without the stupid dismounting areas. Everything you need is in a compact area yet at the same time it is part of a much larger, living city. Add actually questing and a few world quests in the area and that's perfect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    largely depends how you do it really. Oribos is largely indoors yet you can mount up in most of the areas. same with Dalaran, Shattrath, Orgrimmar, Stormwind, Dazar'alor and Boralus. The only ones we've had where you can't mount inside were the MoP shrines. so yeah I would say that the vast majority have been mount friendly
    The thing is at least for 9.0 my hub was Sinfall, not Oribos.

No flying at launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's the "I don't like these things, don't want them again" thread.

I would like to see your reasoning apart from "me no like" and this frail shit:
    Because. Just DON'T.

Oribos was bland and awful. Especially after just having Boralus.

Luckily the DF hub looks to be mostly outdoors and that you'll be able to mount in most places.

Because. Just DON'T.
    Oh, I see. We're using the "because I said so" logical argument. At least you have a well-reasoned, cogent reason to back up your statements.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Not a bad idea. Afterall they regularly impose behavioral rules on us, most of which are left up to interpretation and loaded with gray areas.

Rule 0: Don't listen to loud minorities to develop the majority of the content.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Oribos was fine in a lore standard..these are unliving automotons of the dead they don't eat they don't sleep, they don't engage in capitalism, they just sit in a thing and do their job so it makes sense Oribos was just a big rock. Hell it makes sense that the only area that actually has a CITY is Revandreath cause fantasy vampires and purgatory

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    1. Last time I chaecked you could mount up in 90% of Oribos.

2. The playerbase is not, nor ever has, been united behind one set of requests. Flying by itself shows had varied opinions can be. Some feel meaningful choices should be changable while others feel they should be locked to one. If the devs actually listened to the players 100% of the time nothing would ever get done.
    You can ride but not fly. That's a huge issue on itself, but it would be kinda ok if you works not be dismounted everytime you pass through the terraces. It is incredible annoying and I try to avoid that city as much as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Rule 0: Don't listen to loud minorities to develop the majority of the content.
    Yeah, ignore all feedback ever and fuck up the game even more, worked very good in BfA and SL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    WoW is more of a lobby game than an open world game now anyway.
    Agreed, which is why all automated queues need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing is at least for 9.0 my hub was Sinfall, not Oribos.
    sinfall was terrible, definitely worst of the 4, especialy since for absolutely no reason they stretched it into two floors, and you dont even have "direct" access of outside

3+ Year Old Account
    Here's one: If content is intended to last an entire expansion, ensure that it doesn't become stale after the first few weeks.

Many previous expansion features, such as Torghast, Island Expeditions, and Warfronts, to name a few, fell flat on this front, IMO.

No instanced zones.
    Zones with verticality are annoying to get around without flight and should be redesigned or just include flight from the get go.

Nope, sorry, but this is no reason: the issue why oribos is so bad has nothing to do with indoor or outdoor, it has to do that it has 2 layers with a teleporter and many subzones where you get dismounted. Ironforge is the perfect example how indoor can work. And Undermine might also be a Indoor-City we might or might not get.

So here's my personal no no list.:

1.) Don't give us HUBS. BfA had many issues, having a big city as Boralus is something that i really desire in a game; a living city. The issue is that probably the only real city we got was an enemy one in Suramar. Boralus was GOOD, but Blizzard concentrated all stuff on the Harbor, making the rest of the city quite dead. Hubs are even worse than that; Dalaran was small enough to be even called a hub, and we got much much worse over the years: From reusing the cities because we don't have any clue in Cataclysm and Legion, to the first Hub in Pandaria (really, this had so much potential, and we got an mogu-hub there) to the shitholes we had in BfA to ringhubs we had in SL, and i'm really afraid that we now get a mountain-hub in Dragonflight. Naturally a hub there actually makes sense, since it is a undiscovered Isle, but even then we could have maybe a real city from inhabitants like the centaur that lives there; even if it is more like a tent-city like Thunder Bluff.

2.) Don't keep the auction House outside the new City. As SHITTY as Stormshield as a HUB was, having the Auction House there was important; sadly in WoD this was only there to excuse their SHITTY excuse by removing both real hubs. Horde was actually ready to get shipped, but since they didn't finished alliance, both got gutted and replaced by the probably shittiest Hub. Ok, maybe the Horde got it worse in BfA, but really, in WoD both of them were shitholes, but on horde side you actually saw it. Still, to get back and forth, especially now when so many players that already have enough money bought their mobile auction house, having it only in the old cities is stupid.

3.) Don't focus everything on one spot: Boralus again as a good example: instead of using the whole city, adding events or stuff like this, it was actually again just a hub inside a City. Better than only having a hub, far better, still i think that Boralus was so extremely underused. Please, could you finally make vendors useful: i can't understand why every vendor in wow only sells crap for example. Or why aren't there any events in cities that makes them alive: the hub is the place many people will be most of the time and blizzard still makes it the least attractive in the game.

And this are just my 3 no-no Points for the Cities. There is more, but i think that blizzard should focus much more on the cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yeah, ignore all feedback ever and fuck up the game even more, worked very good in BfA and SL.
    The minority demand for more meaningful choice led us to BfA and SL.

Also be careful your strawman is showing

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Make traveling fast and effortless, if i have to do a calling in Ardenweld but i am in Elysian Hold it should not take 7 mins of flight time doing nothing or watching a movie on netflix on the other monitor. It should take about as long to find a quick game of LoL or Dota as it does to get to the area.