Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm sorry for you that Dracthyr doesn't fit "dragon" word definition in your mind.
    I hope you find a game in the future that will fulfill your dragon needs better.

Come on guys, this is getting so silly. They’re obviously hybrids and not true dragons. It’s plain as day. Is a Tauren a cow? Is a worgen a wolf? Of course not.

Just one obvious example off the top of my head, if simply looking at them wasn’t enough. if they were dragons, why wouldn’t they transform into their own dragon form instead of needing a dragon riding mount?

Some people obviously have their own head cannon and seem to need to see them as dragons for their own enjoyment, fine but who cares. Let them think they’re dragons, what’s the difference? It’s a fantasy game, who cares if people play make believe.
    Last edited by Maw; 2022-06-18 at 03:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maw View Post
    Come on guys, this is getting so silly. They’re obviously hybrids and not true dragons. It’s plain as day. Is a Tauren a cow? Is a worgen a wolf? Of course not.

Just one obvious example off the top of my head, if simply looking at them wasn’t enough. if they were dragons, why wouldn’t they transform into their own dragon form instead of needing a dragon riding mount?

Some people obviously have their own head cannon and seem to need to see them as dragons for their own enjoyment, fine but who cares. Let them think they’re dragons, what’s the difference? It’s a fantasy game, who cares if people play make believe.
    Where did Blizzard call Tauren cows or Worgen wolves?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    The official Blizzard deep-dive video is an official Blizzard developer source.
    Yeah, no one in that video said that Dracthyr are not dragons. At this point, it’s best to simply end this conversation due to your sheer lack of evidence, and your inability to provide anything beyond your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, no one in that video said that Dracthyr are not dragons. At this point, it’s best to simply end this conversation due to your sheer lack of evidence, and your inability to provide anything beyond your opinion.
    Look in a mirror and stop being a hypocrite.

Incorrect. Wrathion has burning red eyes, which indicates his true nature, and Kalecgos has blue hair, which humans can’t have unless they’re of the blue Dragonflight.
    Ebyssian doesn't have burning red eyes while Nathanos does. I guess that means Nathanos was the real dragon all along! LOL. Kalecgos is using a half elf form and elves can have blue hair. Also humans do have a blue-black hair color option.

Teriz is a dishonest one, and one example of evidence of such is how he claimed that the average D&D dragonborn player is a fetishist that likes to portray their dragonborn characters as big-breasted lizard thots.
    I think its more a "condition" than true dishonesty. Which is why he is constantly claiming to find the secret codes of X or Y in Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    I'm sorry for you that Dracthyr doesn't fit "dragon" word definition in your mind.
    I hope you find a game in the future that will fulfill your dragon needs better.
    They don't fit the games definition of dragon either lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, no one in that video said that Dracthyr are not dragons.
    Them saying "the dracthyr are hybrids of dragon and non-dragon essences" means exactly that by the very definition of the word "hybrid".

Stop acting like you don't know how the english language works, Teriz.

At this point, it’s best to simply end this conversation due to your sheer lack of evidence, and your inability to provide anything beyond your opinion.
    Nothing that I posted is "my opinion". Blizzard explaining that the dracthyr are not dragons in the deep-dive video is not an opinion. It's fact.

Meanwhile you are the one who kept posting opinions, like when you called the idea of calling a playable race "dragon" as lame, when you tried to redefine what the word "hybrid" means, etc. Even those interviews you listed are your opinions, since you chose to interpret the PR talk as "real talk".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    I think its more a "condition" than true dishonesty. Which is why he is constantly claiming to find the secret codes of X or Y in Wow.
    No, it is dishonesty, plain and simple, made clear when he made that absurd claim about D&D players that play dragonborn characters. Either that, or he has such a warped and distorted view of reality that he needs help.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Did I miss something? When did 10.0 hit the PTR? Because ya'll talking about artwork that is, for all we know, place holders that were quickly done so that they could have something to show for the reveal.
    This has virtually never happened. Other than straight up removing a feature, what you see in the reveal is what you get (and especially in spite of any feedback).

Source: 16 years of people saying this. You'd think after covenants people would remember for sure this time.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    This has virtually never happened. Other than straight up removing a feature, what you see in the reveal is what you get (and especially in spite of any feedback).

Source: 16 years of people saying this. You'd think after covenants people would remember for sure this time.
    It’s actually happens twice atleast where they didn’t have female worgen done so they only showed males in the revel and in Wod when they didn’t have the warlord models done so the final shot where they are in shadow is just them using normal models and trickery, there are likely other smaller examples as art gets updated all the time in the beta.

All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Look in a mirror and stop being a hypocrite.
    They (Blizzard) called Dracthyr dragons on multiple occasions;

This one you know;

Dragonflight introduces a new race and class in one known as the dracthyr Evoker, allowing players to play as a dragon (one that can still fit in a raid without crushing your allies.)
    https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/worl...ight-deep-dive

But we also have this;

Ion: "Dracthyr fulfills the fantasy of literally playing a dragon".
    https://youtu.be/yw0rPbFshrY?t=299

Berger: Early on, we knew we wanted to make a playable dragon. We started with the pillar of making you feel like a dragon–not just looking like one, but feeling like one. Everything came out of that. If we want you to feel like a dragon, we want you to fight in certain ways. What does that mean? We want you to breathe fire, we want you to fly across the battlefield. Being able to embrace the uniqueness by adding the class restriction actually lets us do a lot of things otherwise we wouldn’t have been able to do.
    https://gamerant.com/world-of-warcra...etting-future/

and this;

Cory Taylor: The Dracthyr have wings because they are dragons obviously
    Jackie: We want to be clear that Dracthyr are Evokers, and Evokers are Dracthyr. They’re one and the same. It’s definitely a race/class combo. Dracthyr aren’t like warriors. They are Evokers. The Evoker class abilities are such so tied to being a dragon — wings and tails and claws and dragonflight magic — that the two are just like interconnected at the core.
    https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...-and-tina-wang

and this;

Ion Hazzikostas:The dragon form certainly isn't like a metamorphosis for demon hunters. It is the innate form that the Evoker takes, and all their abilities will be usable in it. But we're looking to find ways to work humanoid form into combat. But ultimately, we want to let players do what they prefer aesthetically, rather than forcing gameplay based on mechanics.
    https://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcr...hen-1393543/3/

and this (not Blizzard);

World Of Warcraft: Dragonflight Will Add Playable Dragons, The Return Of Talent Trees, And A Whole Lot More
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6502576/

I’m merely asking for similar counter evidence.

- - - Updated - - -

Ebyssian doesn't have burning red eyes while Nathanos does.

Look again. Wrathion’s eyes are literally ablaze, while Nathanos’ eyes are simply red.

Kalecgos is using a half elf form and elves can have blue hair. Also humans do have a blue-black hair color option.
    Incorrect. Kalecgos is in human form. Humans cannot replicate the blue hair that he has.

Look again. Wrathion’s eyes are literally ablaze, while Nathanos’ eyes are simply red.

Incorrect. Kalecgos is in human form. Humans cannot replicate the blue hair that he has.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Kalecgos

Kalec and appears as a half-human, half-elf with blue-black hair

Also Human hair:

blue-black hair next to actual black hair.

Even if you try and claim Nathanos's eyes are slightly dimmer. Sylvanas has the same brightness as Wrathion.

Do you actually do any research or do you just spout off what ever shit comes to your mind?

10+ Year Old Account
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Kalecgos

Kalec and appears as a half-human, half-elf with blue-black hair

Also Human hair:

blue-black hair next to actual black hair.
    Not the same color hair:

Even if you try and claim Nathanos's eyes are slightly dimmer. Sylvanas has the same brightness as Wrathion.
    Again, Wrathion’s eyes are literally fire, and swirl around. Neither Sylvanas or Nathanos’ eyes do that effect.

Do you actually do any research or do you just spout off what ever shit comes to your mind?
    Ironic.

10+ Year Old Account
    They (Blizzard) called Dracthyr dragons on multiple occasions;
    Interviews and product showcase, to hype up their products. In other words, PR speech. Obvious to anyone without narrative to push.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the same color hair:
    So you have to do a 1:1 hair color to "be Kalecgos", but you don't have to have 1:1 body type to be Alexstrasza or Kalecgos?

Ironic.
    Sums up your post quite well.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

7+ Year Old Account
    Interviews and product showcase, to hype up their products. In other words, PR speech. Obvious to anyone without narrative to push
    So uh as some one who doesn't have a narrative to push, where do we draw the line between things blizzard says being PR speech and should be thrown out and things that are legit? are all interviews and show cases not to be trusted? is it just in game stuff that's legit?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    So uh as some one who doesn't have a narrative to push, where do we draw the line between things blizzard says being PR speech and should be thrown out and things that are legit? are all interviews and show cases not to be trusted? is it just in game stuff that's legit?
    It's not that hard. Interviews to websites as well as expansion announcements are all PR speech. They are there with one goal, and one goal only: to hype up their product. And so they'll stretch semantics as far as they can to reach that goal. An example: let's take the Dragonflight expansion announcement video. If the developers said, right off the bat in the first minutes of the video, that you could "play as a dracthyr", people would be confused. After all, what is a "dracthyr"? But if they say "you can play as a dragon", then people will immediately get an inkling of what a dracthyr might be by that description alone.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not that hard. Interviews to websites as well as expansion announcements are all PR speech. They are there with one goal, and one goal only: to hype up their product. And so they'll stretch semantics as far as they can to reach that goal. An example: let's take the Dragonflight expansion announcement video. If the developers said, right off the bat in the first minutes of the video, that you could "play as a dracthyr", people would be confused. After all, what is a "dracthyr"? But if they say "you can play as a dragon", then people will immediately get an inkling of what a dracthyr might be by that description alone.
    So that's pretty much a yes to the second part all interview's/show cases cant be trusted then. they just want hype and will lie blatantly to get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that's pretty much a yes to the second part all interview's/show cases cant be trusted then. they just want hype and will lie blatantly to get it.
    I never said "they lie in interviews". I specifically said "PR speech". If you believe that all PR speech are lies, then that's on you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I never said "they lie in interviews". I specifically said "PR speech". If you believe that all PR speech are lies, then that's on you.
    I mean is there a functional difference? If they are calling the Dracthyr dragon's for example when they know they aren't actually dragons and aren't going to treat them like dragons that's them lying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean is there a functional difference? If they are calling the Dracthyr dragon's for example when they know they aren't actually dragons and aren't going to treat them like dragons that's them lying.
    No, they are not the same. And they are functionally different like "wet" and "dry" are different. The whole point of PR speech is to be able to generate as much hype or soothe doubts as possible without lying.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they are not the same. And they are functionally different like "wet" and "dry" are different. The whole point of PR speech is to be able to generate as much hype or soothe doubts as possible without lying.
    So if the whole point is not to lie then how can you say the Dracthyr aren't dragons when they continuously say that they are in multiple different ways? Because if they aren't dragons and all of those statements are just to build hype then all of those statements are lies, no amount of semantics stretching is going to make it not a lie when they re treated as none dragons ingame/inlore.

Aren't Dracthyr supposed to be the dragon for the Dragon riding feature ?