Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hranica View Post
    Is WC3 Reforged a perfectly fine game just to play through WC3/Frozen Throne? or is it a buggy mess?

Were peoples major problems just the online stuff?
    Single player most of the problems people had were in the realm of broken promises. (IE: Not redoing the story to reflect retconed lore, not redoing all in game cinematics to be like the strath one, completely removing the custom campaign feature, stuff like that).

You can play through the original campaigns without issue though, they work. It just leaves a really bad taste because of everything they promised to do and simply never did.

Re-reforged is a great mod too but its not done yet (I think just the human campaign is? I dunno)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Wait you can't play the original anymore?
    You can if you have the disks, but if you try to connect to Battle.net, it immediately updates you to Reforged. You can TECHNICALLY play, but it's a lot of steps required beyond the average user. Let's say you uninstalled at some point and want to reinstall, you would have to A.) have the disks and B.) find a website with the right files to let you update. This allows you to play Single Player. If you want to do more than that, you'd then have to modify the files to connect to fan-servers instead of Battle.net, allowing you to play online with people in the original client.

Apparantly not. I tried installing mine from the Classic games page and once installer in done it takes me to the Reforged launcher.

3+ Year Old Account
    you can if you don't update it to Reforged

best use is for single player or connect to a third party program for LAN

- - - Updated - - -

I lost my discs decades ago... I usually boosted up a downloaded torrent and played that way when I got the itch in years past. I'm guessing that isn't available anymore?
    just get the patch backup files and use the online free CD key generator
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Just pirate it, Warcraft 3 is abandonware so its completely legal.
    Unfortunately, it is not legal to pirate abandonware.