Page 58 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    You already have the data you just need to hop through your replies and see how many are agreeing with you.
    The only thing I can learn from that is how few people disagree with me, how few agree and how the many don't even care.

What else?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    The only thing I can learn from that is how few people disagree with me, how few agree and how the many don't even care.

What else?
    Are you just trolling at this point?

How many people have looked at your picture and gone "you're right!" vs. how many people have looked at it and gone "yeah no, actually very no"?

I myself even provided you with an easy way of realizing how low the stab actually is, by looking at the distance between the leg and the lightsaber, plus the hunched posture. It's abundantly clear that she's been stabbed below the heart.

The only person, really, that keeps denying this is you.

Which is cool, you do you. If you want to put your ignorance and stubbornness on display, we can't stop you.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

What else?
    You know that’s how data works right? You compare and contrast how many people agree and disagree to see what the over all thought is. If every one in your replies except waffles is disagreeing with you that should tell you quite a bit about the quality of your “proof”.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    You have several people saying you are wrong and you want proof there are more people who disagree with you?
    Well I say he is right, therefore moot point from the blind fans. Pretty sure several people here would think it find if she had her head cut off and a robotic one installed because "Star Wars".
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that’s how data works right? You compare and contrast how many people agree and disagree to see what the over all thought is. If every one in your replies except waffles is disagreeing with you that should tell you quite a bit about the quality of your “proof”.
    Really? That's not how data works, data is just data. But what you are suggesting is actually a logical fallacy.

And the people who agree with you - made the same fallacy, when they ran out of arguments.

Which means - y'all have no argument.

Which is fine, it is the internet.

But good to know anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Are you just trolling at this point?

How many people have looked at your picture and gone "you're right!" vs. how many people have looked at it and gone "yeah no, actually very no"?
    That's the fallacy I was talking about, yes. Actually you used two in a row.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Well I say he is right, therefore moot point from the blind fans. Pretty sure several people here would think it find if she had her head cut off and a robotic one installed because "Star Wars".
    Yes I’d think if her head was cut off several people would think that she wasn’t stabbed through the heart as well.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I’d think if her head was cut off several people would think that she wasn’t stabbed through the heart as well.
    More like if her head was cut off and her body just picked it up, placed back on the neck and it just stuck like nothing happened. - You all would be screaming that - "It's Star Wars!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Really? That's not how data works,
    That is exactly how Data works just for it to have a lower error % it needs to be on a much larger scale.

Have you never heard of opinion polling?

- - - Updated - - -

More like if her head was cut off and her body just picked it up, placed back on the neck and it just stuck like nothing happened. - You all would be screaming that - "It's Star Wars!"
    if that was the case I’m sure you’d still be here saying she was stabbed through the heart as well even if the screen shots don’t line up with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is exactly how Data works just for it to have a lower error % it needs to be on a much larger scale.

Have you never heard of opinion polling?
    Lol, opining polling is polling opinions. If a majority of people are sharing an opinion - it doesn't mean the opinion is correct. It just means that the majority of people share it.

Boy, this revelation explains things...

Data doesn't work. It's just data.

- - - Updated - - -

if that was the case I’m sure you’d still be here saying she was stabbed through the heart as well even if the screen shots don’t line up with that.
    Kinky.

7+ Year Old Account
    Lol, opining polling is polling opinions. If a majority of people are sharing an opinion - it doesn't mean the opinion is correct. It just means that the majority of people share it.

Boy, this revelation explains things...

Data doesn't work. It's just data.

Kinky.
    The data you asked for was rather the people (this thread) thought the “proof” you provided was lacking or not, that’s more or less an opinion poll, and the results of that poll is the opinion in question is correct.

Love how so many people think a light saber, which has some thickness to it, piercing the core of your body isn't a big deal that you can get back up from a few days later. It would destroy anything in its path and around it, cauterizing what it didn't destroy , making the area it hits completely fucked up to a degree that it would be hard to fix anything at all. This isn't a bladed weapon that makes a narrow hole, this is a beam of light incinerating everything in front of it. Also the Maul defense is pretty garbage because I found him surviving to be terrible writing too btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Love how so many people think a light saber, which has some thickness to it, piercing the core of your body isn't a big deal that you can get back up from a few days later. It would destroy anything in its path and around it, cauterizing what it didn't destroy , making the area it hits completely fucked up to a degree that it would be hard to fix anything at all. This isn't a bladed weapon that makes a narrow hole, this is a beam of light incinerating everything in front of it. Also the Maul defense is pretty garbage because I found him surviving to be terrible writing too btw.
    "I'm fine with the idea of a physically impossible laser sword that has zero basis in science. But you are suggesting you can survive getting stabbed by it, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE SCIENCE REASONS."

Right. Okay then.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Surviving a stab from a lightsaber is not new. Arguing "that should have killed her" is pointless and ignores the other stuff that far exceeds her.

Using "real world" logic, Maul should be dead as should Anakin after Mustafar. Drawing the line here and saying "This is too far" is being ridiculous at best and just trolling at worst. And we aren't even getting into Legends characters that should have no survived. But, a short list is Revan, Sion, and Malgus to name a few. You may notice a pattern with characters surviving when they shouldn't ... they tend to be Dark Side Force users.

The Humans in the Star Wars galaxy are more durable than humans in the real world AND Force Users are even more so. Complaining that someone can live in a world of essentially magic where people survived worse injuries is just silly.

And let's not forget that in Star Wars, their cybernetics are so advanced that you can be kept alive with insane amounts of your body replaced.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet, it canonically happens over and over.

There area a lot of people in here making complaints that boil down to "I don't like Star Wars!"

And y'know, that's fine, but why are you pissing in our pool and trying to ruin it for everyone else?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    And let's not forget that in Star Wars, their cybernetics are so advanced that you can be kept alive with insane amounts of your body replaced.
    Hell, General Grievous. That dude isn't a droid. The only parts of him still biological are parts of his head, not even the whole thing.

RLM review for this was pretty funny, "it's kind of cheap and stupid and makes no sense...but I think I like it?"

But mostly rock-bottom standards after Picard

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And yet, it canonically happens over and over.

There area a lot of people in here making complaints that boil down to "I don't like Star Wars!"

And y'know, that's fine, but why are you pissing in our pool and trying to ruin it for everyone else?
    This is stupid gatekeeping fuckery.

Someone pointing out a fact about a particular thing doesn't mean they "don't like Star Wars".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    This is stupid gatekeeping fuckery.

Someone pointing out a fact about a particular thing doesn't mean they "don't like Star Wars".
    If you're complaining about genre tropes, it kinda does. If you're complaining that the Force doesn't make sense and can do whatever the writers say, yeah, that's "not liking Star Wars". There's some parts of the narrative that you've got to suspend your disbelief in, because that's how the genre and this specific property work.

It's like watching a Looney Tunes cartoon and complaining that cartoon physics isn't realistic enough.

People get stabbed, and live, all the time. If that's your issue with this show, or Reva as a character, you're not making a reasonable argument. This isn't a first for Star Wars, by any means, so why is it suddenly not okay here, with this character?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    RLM review for this was pretty funny, "it's kind of cheap and stupid and makes no sense...but I think I like it?"

But mostly rock-bottom standards after Picard
    I thought it was a pretty good episode overall.

We finally get to see Vader being a figure worthy of some fear and not just the bad guy to get clowned all the time. The complete and utter lack of respect he showed toward Reva's attack was immensely amusing to me.

The stormtroopers did at least hit a few people this time! And they were up against a more-capable Obi-Wan in a narrow space this time, so it made a little more sense that the refugees could retreat with minimal losses.

Also, the absurd level of respect Obi-Wan gave toward Vader by having their trick at the end be predicated on the assumption that Vader would actually be able to stop and rip apart their ship was pretty funny. I really don't think anyone would have thought of that in advance, but just thinking that Obi-Wan really gave Vader that level of respect was funny.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're complaining about genre tropes, it kinda does.

People get stabbed, and live, all the time. If that's your issue with this show, or Reva as a character, you're not making a reasonable argument. This isn't a first for Star Wars, by any means, so why is it suddenly not okay here, with this character?
    They don't get stabbed with lightsabers "all the time" and live, it's actually fairly rare in the canon to get hit in center mass with one and live at all. Particularly because it's just such a grievous wound. You can't even just stitch it up like a stab or cut because the tissue is just gone. It's just a hole now, not a narrow stab wound that can be sealed up.

If you're complaining that the Force doesn't make sense and can do whatever the writers say, yeah, that's "not liking Star Wars". There's some parts of the narrative that you've got to suspend your disbelief in, because that's how the genre and this specific property work.
    And this is dumb gatekeeping fuckery, too.

"Force can do anything" isn't a synonym for "bad writing can't happen".
    Last edited by Ghost of Cow; 2022-06-18 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The data you asked for was rather the people (this thread) thought the “proof” you provided was lacking or not, that’s more or less an opinion poll, and the results of that poll is the opinion in question is correct.
    You are not listening. It doesn't matter what the question is - the numbers are irrelevant to facts.

I'm pretty sure you would've been a flat earther back in the day when the majority of people thought that the actual planetary motion is unconvincing. "The sun just goes around the earth, it rises there, and sets on the other end. Burn the witch!".

7+ Year Old Account
    You are not listening. It doesn't matter what the question is - the numbers are irrelevant to facts.
    The number's are the facts as this is what you asked for data on and the number of replies and which way they lean is said data.

People have seen The provided “proof” people have fulfilled there burden and found said “proof” lacking.