Page 60 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    Cool, two people had the same thought, you must be a child because the only people I have heard like it are people below the age of 15, see how dumb your logic is, yet again?

Literally other than Jedi no one has been shown to be more durable than a normal human, you have proven nothing. You have no basis. You can be okay with it, doesn't mean I have to be. Again.

No it doesn't, since episode 7 they haven't follow it. In the past it was less defined as well, so you could let things slide. That is another part of it. Just because you can stomach crap and call it chocolate doesn't mean I will. You are still wrong, still ignorant, enjoy the company of endus, yikes.
    My logic is still better than yours, so I would hold off on the comments.

"No one other than a Jedi" wrong. You had Grievous who is literally just some organs kept alive. Grievous is not a Jedi. You are objectively wrong about that. There are literally people who survived the removal of their brain and having in placed in a droid body to be kept alive. There entire brain is removed from their physical body and then is kept alive by the machine, the B'omarr Order which had humans.

The medical tech in Star Wars is literally insane when compared to what he have. And it always has been. Characters survived things that should have killled them constantly, Force users and non-force users alike. Yes, it absolutely follows logic pre-Disney. Your ignorance of pre-disney Star Wars is not an argument. You are objectively and completely wrong here. You are choosing to die on this hill out of your own ignorance, convinced everyone else is the ignorant one.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-06-18 at 11:18 PM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    My degree in Star Wars is mostly the movies (most of them) and some of the clone wars cartoon series. Haven't really delved into the expanded universe, comics or really most of the video games aside from the SNES ones decades ago.

Personally I like the show a lot and the characters I disliked turned into characters I ended up warming up to as the series went on, but I suppose it's intended to be that way.

I'd just guess that people who die are just meant to die. Dark side shit probably has something to do with the will to survive (I guess???) while some of the light side users don't mind letting go or using their death as an inspiration to others (I feel that's why Obi-Wan basically gave up in ANH). Then again I'm not a mega fan and I assume anybody who delves deep into discussion about Star Wars on the internet probably cares a lot more about continuity, whereas the average fan probably won't care a great deal unless it's completely unbelievable.

Then again I'm not factoring in race, or freeze framing each frame to see where somebody is stabbed compared to others to extrapolate data lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    My logic is still better than yours, so I would hold off on the comments.

"No one other than a Jedi" wrong. You had Grievous who is literally just some organs kept alive. Grievous is not a Jedi. You are objectively wrong about that. There are literally people who survived the removal of their brain and having in placed in a droid body to be kept alive. There entire brain is removed from their physical body and then is kept alive by the machine, the B'omarr Order which had humans.

The medical tech in Star Wars is literally insane when compared to what he have. And it always has been. Characters survived things that should have killled them constantly, Force users and non-force users alike. Yes, it absolutely follows logic pre-Disney. Your ignorance of pre-disney Star Wars is not an argument. You are objectively and completely wrong here. You are choosing to die on this hill out of your own ignorance, convinced everyone else is the ignorant one.
    No matter what u lot say, you are ignoring the big fat elephant in the room.

This new-found survivability that was mysteriously not a factor during prequels order 66. Why did none of thousands of humanoid n alien jedi n younglings not survive their wounds while in the kenobi show its not a problem to you?

Grievous is a shit example, different when having procedures in a controlled environment like an operating table.

A few posts ago I pondered if a lightsaber stabb will cook ur intestines, I just thought about this scene...mind you, that's a military-grade blast door meant to protect command crew from all kinds of damage... SO! DAMAGE ISNT JUST THE HOLE IN UR BODY, BUT THE INSANE HEAT AS WELL...

Reva was stabbed twice, first as a little kid..
    Difference to Grievous operation, nobody cooked his brain n intestines...

https://alexaanswers.amazon.com/ques...34hCyAg4MGNvKb
    How Hot Is A Lightsaber?
    A constricted plasma arc reaches temperatures between 8000°C and 25000°C (between 14432°F and 45032°F). Given the evidence within the Star Wars universe and our own universe, we can conclude that the plasma blade of a lightsaber reaches a temperature of at least 1800°C, and could be high as 25000°C.

Body temperature: 108.14°F
    The maximum body temperature a human can survive is 108.14°F. At higher temperatures the body turns into scrambled eggs: proteins are denatured and the brain gets damaged irreparably.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-06-19 at 08:35 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    "But that door is made of different material from Reva's new and cool armor that has a special quality of cooling the lightsaber down to manageable levels. It's Star Wars!"
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    "But that door is made of different material from Reva's new and cool armor that has a special quality of cooling the lightsaber down to manageable levels. It's Star Wars!"
    And she must have had a special cloth fabric that did the same when she was stabbed as a youngling by anakin...

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And she must have had a special cloth fabric that did the same when she was stabbed as a youngling by anakin...
    And how do we know that? Well, she survived, didn't she? That's how!
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    And how do we know that? Well, she survived, didn't she? That's how!
    I hereby present thee your diploma as a graduate of contrarian school, go forth n annoy people!

- - - Updated - - -

Now that I think about it some more, people collapse from "just bullets" well lightsabre is much wider, damaging n hot, everyone who gets stabbed should just collapse which leads to falling down over blade, chest cut in half, n might evaporate throat, cut head in two, minus part that just gets evaporated

Star wars is like jurassic park, kid friendly version of damage done...

Lightsabre wielder needs to hold blade at such an angle that it neatly falls out, every time in sw scenes, so victims don't collapse over it..which has to be done with surgical precision, every milimetre or centrimetre body moves from initial position gets evaporated, you somehow have to stand absolutly still or the wielder has to use the force just right to exit the blade, well I have never seen such, wielder just yanks blade out n just a small angle will evaporate a large chunk of ur flesh, bone n intestines..

I think a blade like kylo ren's is worse as the plasma pulsates around, such a stabbing would def leave a very damaged area around the stabbing...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-06-19 at 10:36 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    snip.
    Most Jedi weren't just a single stab wound, they were shot several times. Hell, outside of the the Jedi Temple and those in the Temple directly attacked by Anakin, they weren't getting stabbed by lightsabers. And most of the lightsaber deaths we see aren't a stab. He is slashing them.

Most Jedi are being taken down by multiple blaster shots and we even see a few times where clones shoot the down Jedi. Why don't we see thousands surviving from single injuries? Because in most cases, they continue to shoot a down Jedi to insure they are dead.

I mean you think I am missing the elephant in the room which is laughable.

Also, you are confusing Disney Star Wars Grevious with Legends. Disney Star Wars has him turning a cyborg in a controlled environment. Pre-Disney (which is what people have a problem with) he became a Cyborg because he survive his ship blowing up. You know, I think being in a explosion and surviving is a little more unbelievable than surviving a stab.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

This new-found survivability that was mysteriously not a factor during prequels order 66. Why did none of thousands of humanoid n alien jedi n younglings not survive their wounds while in the kenobi show its not a problem to you?
    It's called an argument from silence. TL;DR: "shit's weak, don't use it." Jedi who survived the purge pop up all the time as the writers demand it.

And it's probably not a good idea to reference that scene with Qui-Gon cutting through the door when talking about the effects this sort of heat would have on a person. It's a very common trope for characters to cut through rock/metal with their lightsabers to form a doorway, but I don't think I've ever once seen them hesitate to touch the molten surface they're climbing through. And if you put your unprotected hand as close to molten metal as he did while holding his lightsaber...you're probably not going to enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    And if you put your unprotected hand as close to molten metal as he did while holding his lightsaber...you're probably not going to enjoy it.
    Not to mention that your hand's always that close to that heat when holding a lit saber.

Not to mention all the tight clinches they get into where they've got sabers crossed and are trying to push it into the opponent's face, inches away.

That they do this stuff even when sparring with each other for training/funzies.

We're circling back around to complaining about things that have always been present in every single Star Wars property.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Not to mention that your hand's always that close to that heat when holding a lit saber.
    Yeah, I thought about that too right after I posted. Safe to assume that if a lightsaber is as hot as all that, its heat is somehow confined to the blade itself, or at least extremely close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I thought about that too right after I posted. Safe to assume that if a lightsaber is as hot as all that, its heat is somehow confined to the blade itself, or at least extremely close.
    Like, if you think about this too much, everything breaks down. This is exactly what I was getting at regarding setting/genre conventions. Star Wars is a space opera action series. It isn't realistic hard sci-fi. Holding it to those kinds of standards is unreasonable. And we're talking about things that have always been integral to Star Wars; they're not suddenly a problem with Kenobi.

It isn't realistic hard sci-fi. Holding it to those kinds of standards is unreasonable.
    /shrug
    Fandoms are always like that. People like talking and arguing about the minutia of the thing they like (or like to hate).

And we're talking about things that have always been integral to Star Wars; they're not suddenly a problem with Kenobi.
    And that's just the same bullshit that's been going on since the sequels came out.

People complaining about people surviving things in Star Wars probably should re-evaluate if they ever really enjoyed the show. I mean lets just go with Vader here for a moment. Lost 2 legs and an arm then shortly after burned nearly to death to the point he has to live in a life support suit for the rest of his life. Although he laid there for at least a good while with the injuries. Sure we can something something the force it into being but seriously.. that dude should be dead. Then lets transfer to his boss here. Dude fell down a reactor shaft and blew up into a blue puff of smoke as a man well into his 80s or 90s at that point? I get it again.. something something the force.. but seriously.. he shows up again. Lets jump over to the light side. Yoda. Bro is 900 years old and walks with a cane when he isn't fully forced out on the force. Bro falls like several 100 feet onto his back, then rolls over for like another 20 face first and manages to craw out and evade probably one of the most secure facilities in the galaxy by just jumping out to his buddies car. Dude should have been dead. Or so damaged he can't just slip out. I get it.. something something the force. We won't even get into the whole force ghost thing.. because hey if you go that route you pretty much are just around for a long time no matter what happens. Even if you are bad. A life time of sin and all you got to do is the right thing at the last minutes of your life and bam.. you can be trained, learned, and able to force ghost yourself. Something something the force indeed.

So with Reva its a little jarring I will admit. How a kid lives though an impale is pretty rough. How she recovers to be like nothing happened after that at the very least.. pretty insane. How she manages to do it again 10 years later is pretty nuts. But I look at the things above.. and all I can say is something something the force solves just about anything that's looney in perception. The force wants her to live then she will live. It is that simple in this universe. Even if the force just used her so Obi-Wan could escape here at this point in time so he can ultimately train the kid that turns him back to the good side. Just got to deal with it. Because something something the force.

That is Star Wars in a nutshell.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    People complaining about people surviving things in Star Wars probably should re-evaluate if they ever really enjoyed the show. I mean lets just go with Vader here for a moment. Lost 2 legs and an arm then shortly after burned nearly to death to the point he has to live in a life support suit for the rest of his life. Although he laid there for at least a good while with the injuries.
    I brought up the same exact thing. The response I got was:
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    That's different, though. We're never made to believe Anakin/Vader might have died. Not once. It's clear from the start that he survives.

That's fundamentally not the same as a character everyone thought had their death, and then years later some writer goes PSYCH I'm back bitches never even died actually.
    "That's different because reasons."

I brought up the same exact thing. The response I got was:

"That's different because reasons."
    Well, it works in reverse. We were never made to believe Reva died either. Hell, we see running down a hallway "getting away" when she is a kid at first even though you aren't 100% its her (but I get it we knew it was her). Then we see her alive and older.. so like.. that is a pretty hard confirm she made it. Then we see her getting actually stabbed as a young one and her older self just about at the same time and not seconds later get to see her still crawling around.

Something something the force. Hell even the guys that let her go said revenge does wonders to keep people alive. She seems to have that revenge thing going on. If anything they directly spelled it out for people to see. Revenge plus force = you in bro.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2022-06-19 at 01:44 PM.

We're circling back around to complaining about things that have always been present in every single Star Wars property.
    Not really. It's not just Star Wars, it's a Hollywood thing really.

Just because we all roll our eyes when the protagonist takes a gunshot wound to the torso and then wins a fistfight five minutes later doesn't mean we hate movies.

I'd put it a different way: I don't care about the wounds, I care about the narrative. Her living stinks because it would be better for the story and the fans if Vader killed her. For multiple reasons!

-It's awesome for Vader, who fans like. Just utterly humiliates the upstart
    -It's a more tragic story arc: she falls to the dark side in a quest for vengeance and dies (more like 2nd sister in the video game). Redemption is great but it doesn't work with every character, really need to see and feel the fall for that to work, which we haven't.
    -Adds more stakes like the Ellaria Sand dying - the SW shows need to start showing that characters are actually threatened by stupid decisions. Not everything has to be the Red Wedding but boy these shows could use some more consequences. Ellaria dying was good and important even if the battle scene was janky as heck (this is another huge problem of using legacy characters).

That's on top of preserving story line integrity and not having Organa and Obi fire off an own-goal with the silly communicator mcguffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashana Darkmoon View Post
    I'd put it a different way: I don't care about the wounds, I care about the narrative. Her living stinks because it would be better for the story and the fans if Vader killed her. For multiple reasons!

-It's awesome for Vader, who fans like. Just utterly humiliates the upstart
    -It's a more tragic story arc: she falls to the dark side in a quest for vengeance and dies (more like 2nd sister in the video game). Redemption is great but it doesn't work with every character, really need to see and feel the fall for that to work, which we haven't.
    -Adds more stakes like the Ellaria Sand dying - the SW shows need to start showing that characters are actually threatened by stupid decisions. Not everything has to be the Red Wedding but boy these shows could use some more consequences. Ellaria dying was good and important even if the battle scene was janky as heck (this is another huge problem of using legacy characters).

That's on top of preserving story line integrity and not having Organa and Obi fire off an own-goal with the silly communicator mcguffin.
    I agree with all your points. But we actually don't know where it goes. Although I think the odds are low Disney capitalizes on anything as good as the point you bring its certainly in the realm of possibility something better is going to happen in 6 (although I am sure its something that allows them to make some Disney+ show with her because that seems to be what they do).

I am not actually "happy" with how Reva turned out. I am with you her dying there just makes a lot of sense. I just don't think the people coming at this like things like this in Star Wars don't just happen on the regular are a little off base. This is actually the standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Not really. It's not just Star Wars, it's a Hollywood thing really.

Just because we all roll our eyes when the protagonist takes a gunshot wound to the torso and then wins a fistfight five minutes later doesn't mean we hate movies.
    If it was a simple rolling of the eyes, no one would have a problem with the reaction.
    The issue is that people are arguing it breaks canon of Star Wars or makes the story make no sense.

These are two different things. I mean in is a Hollywood trope to do the slow walk away with an explosion in the background, in real life that doesn't happen. But in a series that shows people doing it, no one argues "This ruins the story. They should have blown up or had their ears blown out." People hearing fine after firing multiple rounds in an enclosed space without ear protection. These things do not happen.

Again, you don't have to like the trope. I think a lot of tropes are stupid, but when you make an argument that it somehow disagrees with the rest of the story or how people are surviving is a "dues ex machina" despite the technology being shown to you. It is different.
    –The Sith Code