Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Thumbs up Unpopular opinion: transmogs in the in-game store.

A few years ago Blizzard launched those skull hoods (fire and ice) in the store and the repercussion of this was quite negative. Many players kicked anyone who entered the Raid using an xmog paid with real money. For them, a real offense.

Well, time has passed and the store is full of mounts that are obtainable for real money. (Weird logic. You can raid a shop mount but not shop xmogs...well...).
    And time passed even more and now we have two xmogs (pretty weird, I must say) in the store and this time we didn't have any "riots" because of it.

Using the same logic as the mounts in the store I ask: ... Why doesn't Blizzard fill the store with really cool xmogs (including some really full black for rogues plz) for people to buy?? I would pay (a similar price to mounts) for a really cool set that matches my main class.
    What is your opinion on this??

p.s: Forgive something wrong. English is not my first language.
    Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-06-19 at 12:08 AM.

The game has a boxprice and subscription, this stuff should all be earnable ingame.

And the existence of the shop certainly hasn't increased content production if you look at shadowlands lmao.

xmog is in the game store and have previously been in the store...

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    A few years ago Blizzard launched those skull hoods (fire and ice) in the store and the repercussion of this was quite negative. Many players kicked anyone who entered the Raid using an xmog paid with real money. For them, a real offense.

Well, time has passed and the store is full of mounts that are obtainable for real money. (Weird logic. You can raid a shop mount but not shop xmogs...well...).
    And time passed even more and now we have two xmogs (pretty weird, I must say) in the store and this time we didn't have any "riots" because of it.

Using the same logic as the mounts in the store I ask: ... Why doesn't Blizzard fill the store with really cool xmogs (including some really full black for rogues plz) for people to buy?? I would pay (a similar price to mounts) for a really cool set that matches my main class.
    What is your opinion on this??

p.s: Forgive something wrong. English is not my first language.
    Why would you want it in the store and not obtainable by ... you know (*unpopular opinion*) ... PLAYING THE DAMN GAME that you already pay a sub and purchase the expansion for.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be cool with that, only on the condition that the game removes the subscription fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    The game has a boxprice and subscription, this stuff should all be earnable ingame.
    It will be two years or more in Dragonflight with dragon-based xmogs (don't doubt it) and the store could be a good solution if someone wants to have an xmogs outside of the expansion theme.
    Just like the various mounts in the store.... only buy whoever you want.

same as always for me, as long as the quality of the game content is going up, I'm not going to feel disturbed about the content of the shop.
    If this can ensure the longevity of the game without hindering my experience then I see no issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    xmog is in the game store and have previously been in the store...
    Yes , I say that in the topic. The question is: Why only two if we can have 20? The selling criteria for mounts is different from the selling criteria for xmogs. That, to me, doesn't make sense.

If WOW were free to play then they could stuff the shop with cosmetics as much as they like and it wouldn’t bother me.
    But WOW isn’t free to play AND we pay a sub AND we have to pay to swap servers AND they clip the ticket on tokens.

Something about having their cake and eating it too….

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why would you want it in the store and not obtainable by ... you know (*unpopular opinion*) ... PLAYING THE DAMN GAME that you already pay a sub and purchase the expansion for.
    I'm not very optimistic about the new xmogs we'll see in-game in dragonflight. They will all be based on dragons... and I don't really like this lizard. I can already see my poor Hunter having to wear another dragon hat....! But if you have cool xmogs that don't necessarily have to obey the theme of expansion in the store... (as many do with mounts) I would buy it easily.

It will be two years or more in Dragonflight with dragon-based xmogs (don't doubt it) and the store could be a good solution if someone wants to have an xmogs outside of the expansion theme.
    Just like the various mounts in the store.... only buy whoever you want.
    You know what is another solution if you dont like the current expansions theme? The TWENTY YEARS of xmog that already exist in the game. This is the worst reasoning i have ever seen honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not very optimistic about the new xmogs we'll see in-game in dragonflight. They will all be based on dragons... and I don't really like this lizard. I can already see my poor Hunter having to wear another dragon hat....! But if you have cool xmogs that don't necessarily have to obey the theme of expansion in the store... (as many do with mounts) I would buy it easily.
    See above mate, this literally already exists. You are trying to use a problem that DOES NOT EXIST as the reasoning for buying xmog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

5+ Year Old Account
    I was really happy when they put celestial robe in the store. They could also put cosmic staff for my mage or some epic character customization options. I wouldn’t complain.

Then you should really look into hiring an artist to draw stuff for you.

Box price + sub price + mtx shop (even if it's just cosmetics) is just insane amounts of greed

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    This.
    I will never understand the players who just wants to pay themselves to what they want.
    Paying for it with real money just feels hollow. I bought a store mount once and guess what, it never felt as good as getting one in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I was really happy when they put celestial robe in the store. They could also put cosmic staff for my mage or some epic character customization options. I wouldn’t complain.
    We are in the middle of pride month, my brother in Christ. You don't need to wait for daddy Blizzard to do the shafting.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You know what is another solution if you dont like the current expansions theme? The TWENTY YEARS of xmog that already exist in the game. This is the worst reasoning i have ever seen honestly.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Probably your main-char doesn't use mail armor, right? Well then you're happy with the other 20 year wow xmogs. Me about these xmogs... I already have almost all of them. Collecting them is my main fun in the game. We've already talked about the past, now let's talk about the future: If tomorrow Blizzard puts 20 or more xmogs in the store, totally cosmetic items that don't change people's lives, what's the problem?

See above mate, this literally already exists. You are trying to use a problem that DOES NOT EXIST as the reasoning for buying xmog.
    We only have 2 xmogs in the shop today for sale and both didn't please most players... but (using the same logic for mount sales) we may have many more xmogs. Why not? People didn't abandon the game when the shop mounts arrived... and they won't if the same happens to cosmetic xmogs.

Probably your main-char doesn't use mail armor, right? Well then you're happy with the other 20 year wow xmogs. Me about these xmogs... I already have almost all of them. Collecting them is my main fun in the game. We've already talked about the past, now let's talk about the future: If tomorrow Blizzard puts 20 or more xmogs in the store, totally cosmetic items that don't change people's lives, what's the problem?

We only have 2 xmogs in the shop today for sale and both didn't please most players... but (using the same logic for mount sales) we may have many more xmogs. Why not? People didn't abandon the game when the shop mounts arrived... and they won't if the same happens to cosmetic xmogs.
    It's mind blowing to me that with all the drama surrounding mtx in DI, people like you are still saying "please blizzard, let me give you more money - I REALLY want to give you more money". You are not saying "give me more ways to earn different xmogs in game" - no, you are straight up asking to give Blizzard more money for something that should and could just be in the game.

You are part of the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Okay look at it like this:
    If you can't find a transmog to your tastes in 15+ years of content in the game what are the chances one of those 20~ in the shop will be to your liking?

And also will it affect the amount of effort put into ingame sets? That shop transmog you buy might've been in the game in the first place otherwise.

I'd be more okay with the transmogs, mounts and pets in the store, if there was at least a recolor available in the game itself. Make it bright, bubblegum pink for all I care, but have the model obtainable through the game.

inb4 tokens for bnet balance