Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What sort of anti-QoL lchanges would be worth it?

Quality of life changes are a common topic, making things more accessible at the cost of rpg immersion.

What changes could be made AGAINST convenience, that would improve immersion?

- Locking each character to one specialization, but allowing them to spec into a subpar but viable-for-dungeons Damage role regardless of spec.

- Changing glyphs and talents only by talking to Class Trainers.

- Tailors, Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers crafting items that you consume in order to transmog gear, instead of talking to an ethereal.

- But take items to an ethereal Void Storage in order to unlock them for transmog

- A battle pet stable master, and 3-slot pet carrier bag instead of a collection accessible everywhere

- Alchemists craft a recustomization potion, instead of barbers changing your face, skin color, and gender

- Druid Forms selected at a Druid Trainer instead of barber

- Battlemaster npcs to join battlegrounds

- A new kind of meeting stone in all cities to queue for dungeons and raids

- Mounts are called by a whistle, and arrive after like ten seconds.

Etc...
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2022-06-19 at 02:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Quality of life changes are a common topic, making things more accessible at the cost of rpg immersion.

- Locking each character to one specialization, but allowing them to spec into a subpar but viable-for-dungeons Damage role regardless of spec.

- Tailors, Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers crafting items that you consume in order to transmog gear, instead of talking to an ethereal.

- But take items to an ethereal Void Storage in order to unlock them for transmog

- A battle pet stable master, and 3-slot pet carrier bag instead of a collection accessible everywhere

- Alchemists craft a recustomization potion, instead of barbers changing your face, skin color, and gender

Etc...
    I'm pretty sure your first suggestion would do irreparable damage to the game. Not being able to change roles based on the needs of a raid may force a group to not be able to run one night if, for instance, a healer doesn't show up (whereas right now, a tank could swap to heals and then a DPS to tank and the group can still go). Not to mention my combat rogue would just...what...be deleted? My demonology warlock would be permanently stuck in a spec that changed its core gameplay and became completely unfun to play?

Also, how is adding a queue to dungeons and raids from a city instead of running out to the dungeon/raid entrances for M+ and Normal/Heroic/Mythic raids more immersive and not a QOL change? Unless you mean something else...?

Etc...
    None of the above

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account

Etc...
    every single suggestion you just put forward is horrible. Blizzard employees if you're reading this thread, DO NONE OF THESE THINGS!

All of these sound awful.

I have an even better list.

- Bring back weapons training. Have to get your axe skill up to 100 in quests killing weak enemies before you can deal optimal damage with said weapon. Bring back Woo Ping!

- Make professions more realistic. Tailors need a sewing machine, and you have to sit there and right click to operate the sewing machine, with creating one article of cloth being comparable to knitting a real shirt in real time. You have to click nonstop until the article is complete. Those who don't end up with carpal tunnel are real tailors and Bengay shares will go through the roof. Leatherworkers have the risk of cutting themselves when stitching leather and contracting hep-c, which affects combat performance with a debuff. Blacksmiths have the risk of burning themselves severely when smelting, which means a burn debuff in combat from extreme pain, especially when fighting fire-wielding enemies.

- When accessing Ethereal void storage, you might now be sucked into a black hole, and your character is permanently deleted. It's RNG-based.

- Pet trainers must carry their pets in pocket spheres, but every time they enter pet combat, a man and woman pair with a feline pet attacks you and has a chance to steal your pets, never to be seen again, especially rares like Unborn Val'kyr. They especially want to steal that, or whatever is more rare and took you more time to catch.

- When your character sits down at the barbershop, you might get your throat slit when getting a shave. Character dies and has to run back to the barbershop.

- Just do away with meeting stones. Everyone has to take zeppelins everywhere.

- Mounts now require saddles, and if you ride longer than a certain time, oh, let's say, an hour or so, your character starts complaining of swamp butt and may develop hemorrhoids.

- If you walk into ICC without frost armor, your character freezes to death after a few minutes.

- Flying might sometimes cause characters to vomit, who then lose balance and fall off the flying mount. For this reason, there will be a lot more spires around for impaling.

- Female characters are subject to sexual harassment from Turalyon, and if they resist, they're locked away in Stockades.

- Any player regardless of gender is subject to Danuser walking into their bedroom or living room and hitting them in the back of the head with a soldering iron if found criticizing Sylvans in trade chat while waiting for dungeon finder.

- Speaking of which, no more dungeon finder, you have to ride everywhere.

Oh, it's just Classic with Danuser visits, nevermind.

Etc...
    Theres a fine line between QOL and immersion.
    But none of those add immersion, they simple reduce QOL.

This is... terrible.

Do you WANT less players?

These are the only ones I don't think would be the end of the world.

Everything else is just painfully inconcenient, while these are mostly just shifting where you do things.

How easy talents should be to swap is a good discussion point, especially with the trees coming back. I dont think swapping them every fight is healthy, but making them really annoying to change is also bad.

Anyone who's against QoL changes is probably a sociopath to be completely honest.

Either that or they literally don't understand what QoL actually means, and entails.
    Last edited by Ryzeth; 2022-06-19 at 04:22 AM.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Is this an earnest, unironic bold-faced "How could I make the game worse?" thread? I'm... actually kind of impressed. And fairly amused, even though I somehow doubt this is a joke.

Every single one of these suggested changes make me want to vomit. None of them would be worth it. Whatever you think 'immersion' is, the amount these ideas would provide would be heavily outweighed by the sheer frustration they would cause, compared to how they're iterated into the game now.

10+ Year Old Account

That sounds awful. Like holy fucking shit that's the worst idea I've heard
    Yeah sure, don't really do it that often, so why not
    Sure, whatever
    Not unless there's a lot more of them, also would make no sense with the previous change
    Whatever, I don't use pets
    Sure? Whatever
    Why not
    That sounds awful
    So you can only queue while there? Holy shit that's stupid. If it wasn't for the first idea you listed, this would be the worst idea I've ever heard
    Yeah, great idea, make people afk for 10 seconds after summoning their mounts

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    literally none. QoL are there for a reason, because they were asked for by a majority of players.

Every time blizzard adds "flavor" or I think they call it " grain" it is always done in the laziest dumbest most exploitive way possible.

Just make your instanced based game blizz.

Etc...
    As a rule of thumb i am strongly against most of these, but i've gotta admit that the rules & glyphs at a class trainer is a good one, on the condition that ni item is made to bypass this requirement, as otherwise you have only complicated in a nonsensical way.

Transmogging like that depends on the nature of gear acquisition; Are we leveling up pieces like with SL pvp or m+ gear in part? Then doing something like that is fine.
    Are we replacing gear left and right, often with the same piece from a higher difficulty? Then no thank you.

The battle pet idea sounds nice too, but maybe allow you to store two teams in convenient little white &red orbs. Also allow people to summon non battle pets as usual.

Barbershop is fine, just add some potions to their decorations for immersive purposes. I mean they are used to treating tentacles and undead, gender and skin color are easy as fuck by comparison.

Druid forms sounds like something for druid trainers, same for soulshape honestly.

No, battlemasters were the worst. They forced you to congregate in areas for so long. Or if you do bring them back: Make sure that battlegrounds are actually worth it, rewarding proper amounts of honor and conquest and not hiding everythinh behind gimpy ratings and more shite; Oh you did like 10 epic bg wins? Alright we'll stop bitching here's a BiS piece.

A meeting stone in cities sounds weird, just make ut one of those quest-boards. But under the same conditions as the battlemasters: Make it worthwhile, don't expect people to stay in the same spot without a proper chance at a truly good reward.

Mounting like that is fine, but you gotta rework daze & size restrictions.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Ultra giga quad mega triple omega retarded. There's not much else to be said about this, haven't seen anything as retarded in ages. I don't think this even needs a comment explaining why is it so highly retarded.

Quite retarded. Imagine waiting and resummoning people every fight due to aoe/singlet target bosses and whatnot.

Mildly retarded.

Highly retarded. Imagine waiting an hour for LFR or any other group finder activity, manual (hc, mythic) or automatic (lfr), instead of just doing stuff out in the world, progressing your character or taking care of professions.

Pretty whatever, and some could be even considered a net positive because professions would gain something to sell.

Etc...
    All in all.

The biggest issue with WoW is the Token, they need to start with removing it, which is going to happen regardless of how many people bitch and moan about it. Hopefull the people who play retail just for the monetary aspect don't cry too much.

It is only a matter of time before bnet merges into gamepass and then they are retiring them.

I would say - massive CDs on teleportation items/spells and no current style town portals at all - add more zeppelin/ship/tram locations and maybe some Dark Portal style portals for locations where you can't get with it i.e. Outland/Draenor/Argus.

Sailing on a Ship/Zeppelin/Tram, going through dark portal actually gives immersion.

None of that shit you listed tho. God, that was awful and idk how any of that would give immersion. Some of those COULD be immersive, i.e. joining battlegrounds when PHYSICALLY getting to their location, but battle master? How is that more immersive and not less? Unless you que via battle master and wait at his location until he tells you to go to X battleground so you rush physical location in hopes that it won't be over by the time you get there. That would kill BGs in a second.

10+ Year Old Account
    While I do think some of the QoL removed a little bit of the game, I dislike almost all of your suggestions. But I do agree with the overall sentiment.

IMHO, however, we should not focus on removing QoL, we should focus on bringing immersion back.

One of your examples that I quite like is the recostomization potion. You can still do your hair on the barber shop, but more in depth changes you should use the potion.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Sounds like it's time for you to maybe explore another game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.