Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

The Texas Republican Party has voted to shut out Log Cabin Republicans

Yet these LGBT Right Wingers will still vote for Republicans.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I'm gonna vote for the people who want to destroy my rights and treat me like a second hand citizen because goddammit I love low taxes"
    Putin khuliyo

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised the log cabin folks didn't get the hint when Republicans started tripling down on their vocal attacks against the LGBTQ community over the last four or so months; Though wouldn't be the first time members of an oppressed minority group attempted to appease the oppressive ruling party in the vain hope that they wouldn't be the ones chucked into the metaphorical oven.

But, like Adam said, maybe they just -really- liked the Republican's tax plans more than they hated being treated like pariahs and/or props.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "I'm gonna vote for the people who want to destroy my rights and treat me like a second hand citizen because goddammit I love low taxes"
    Indeed. And it's important to note that being a part of the GOP effectively means you're okay with that happening, even if you don't "personally have anything against gay people."

Unfortunately this is a likely portent of an escalation in the GOP's homophobic crusade. The only silver lining is that this might help dispell any notion that the GOP was about anything but zealous evangelical crusading on top of pocket-lining in the minds of GOP clingers-on, like the log cabin republicans. Maybe they can join a political party that don't think they're a bunch of abhorrent pedophiles.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

they're barely past trying to genocide Trans people and they are already signaling the LGB are next on the chopping block. and then it will be right back to the racial minorities.

Not just that

"I'm going to vote for the party that wants to exclude people like me...and then whine when they exclude people like me"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    they are hanging hard on that district flipping
    ignore it was a turnout of 30k out of 750k eligible voters and its lines was just redrawn
    but ya loggers, hang your future on THAT as proof of republican outreach
    record low turnout of handpicked voters in a special off-year election

they deserve what the GOP does to logcabin repubs, the shame is it wouldn't ONLY be them that shoulders the consequences
    "Law and Order", lots of places have had that, Russia, North Korea, Saddam's Iraq.
    Laws can be made to enforce order of cruelty and brutality.
    Equality and Justice, that is how you have peace and a society that benefits all.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Low taxes not for myself but for big corporations making billions of dollars already"

Fixed that for ya.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    they're barely past trying to genocide Trans people and they are already signaling the LGB are next on the chopping block. and then it will be right back to the racial minorities.
    Trans people aren't being genocided because children can't access puberty blockers that we dont have any evidence they actually do anything

On a side note. Gay Republicans are weird on this

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't about women, farmers, or African-Americans. It's about homosexuals.

Oh, you were talking about them, even though the line you used could refer to the literal majority of Republicans. How awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is competing hard for the title of "Worst gay man since Ernst Röhm".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Trans people aren't being genocided because children can't access puberty blockers that we dont have any evidence they actually do anything

On a side note. Gay Republicans are weird on this
    what the hell are you talking about? is this more of your malaise towards trans rights issues trying to disguise itself as ignorance?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    "Low taxes not for myself but for big corporations making billions of dollars already"

Fixed that for ya.
    Lower taxes then add massive import tariffs which are greater than our tax breaks.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    what the hell are you talking about? is this more of your malaise towards trans rights issues trying to disguise itself as ignorance?
    Yes, the transphobe continues to be an awful transphobic person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you get to harm, marginalize, and oppress those "others", eh? Who gives a shit what the truth is as long as you can get your sadism fix.

If they don't do anything, why is the GOP tripping over themselves to ban them?

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    If they don't do anything, why is the GOP tripping over themselves to ban them?
    Anything positive

Changed that. Off topic tho sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    I might be cynical but I doubt the log cabin R is even really concerned with taxes as opposed to merely receiving wing nut welfare from closeted right wingers who themselves have to lose. Their bread is buttered by these fools.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

How is that deal with the devil going for you?

I always stated that one group was never monolithic or had to be. Yet some of these groups who are openly discriminated against and still choose to join them that is on you and no sympathy from me. Now, it is likely these people will be the last or so far down on the bottom of the list that when it is their time they will have no chance or don't know what has hit them.

As a person who tries to be compassionate, I understand that it may be tough for people in the minority or not in power always having to identify with defending their group all the time. Yet, I would think being a human and having the same and equal rights as others would be a priority over all other. But hey, I guess less taxes and regulation is over them being bigoted just for their orientation.

I hope more state and national Republicans follow this idea. <snark>
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!