Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Idk.. when ever there is stuff from the shop I am like.. but its from the shop so I wont wear or use it.

I cant help, but when I see it on some one, thinking its not cool, because its from the shop. I just laughed when ever I saw some one try to match something with the red ugly crown or the oversized skeleton helm, which just sits bad on every model.

Transmog items are just to perfect to have an in game source. Unlocked through content just feels better and transmog items fit that feeling of ye that a cool reward to get. Buying it just doesnt have the same effect for me.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-06-19 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    A few years ago Blizzard launched those skull hoods (fire and ice) in the store and the repercussion of this was quite negative. Many players kicked anyone who entered the Raid using an xmog paid with real money. For them, a real offense.

Well, time has passed and the store is full of mounts that are obtainable for real money. (Weird logic. You can raid a shop mount but not shop xmogs...well...).
    And time passed even more and now we have two xmogs (pretty weird, I must say) in the store and this time we didn't have any "riots" because of it.

Using the same logic as the mounts in the store I ask: ... Why doesn't Blizzard fill the store with really cool xmogs (including some really full black for rogues plz) for people to buy?? I would pay (a similar price to mounts) for a really cool set that matches my main class.
    What is your opinion on this??

p.s: Forgive something wrong. English is not my first language.
    I dislike pay-to-pay-more games, they always devolve into shit like i.e. Diablo Immortal has shown, to the point where these games are outright banned as dishonest gambling in some countries.

Besides what positive is there for you if they add a set to the store instead of in the game where you can also just get it fairly easily?
    Seems to me you just want more cool rogue transmogs, no need to involve that store in anything.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really would like this shaky status quo with pretty small and limited store + box price and sub to be preserved.

In the perfect world it would be just box + sub price, but I understand that gaming has moved on from that model as far as long term support games go.

Under no circumstance I want them to remove sub or box price, because that would most certainly lead to the store bloat and crazy ass clown mogs that would make TBC look tame.

- - - Updated - - -

People who scream and pout at WoW Token and a tiny store need to remember that Bobby is sure itching to monetize the shit out of WoW. Just look at D:I literally printing money.

He would be more than happy to scrap box price and sub and replace it with all that shit. So I'd rather shut the fuck up and pray current WoW setup persists, even with all the real and imaginary issues.

As a person who really doesn't give a shit about transmogs or mounts, I hate to have a real money store for mounts and transmogs in a game that you already have to buy and pay a monthly subscription for.

As long as you can buy (non-ingame-earnable) cosmetics and mounts with real money, the store mounts and transmogs will always look better than the ones you can earn ingame. Just compare the mounts that are exist in the shop to the ones ingame. We get 3 different colors of a mount that looks like shit for the 3 SL KSM seasons, while the store mounts just look so much better and have unique animations, mountspecials and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidoser View Post
    Company who acted too much like you described just lost their reputation and never recovered for acting like a greedy goblin, example : Bioware, Ubisoft, Electronic Art.

Edit : to precise, you can't just think about money in a business you need to have passion if you don't you fall flat.
    well, those companies are still "alive and kicking", so they do really well compared to companies that didnt care about profit and are bankrupted and long fogoten...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    As a person who really doesn't give a shit about transmogs or mounts, I hate to have a real money store for mounts and transmogs in a game that you already have to buy and pay a monthly subscription for.

As long as you can buy (non-ingame-earnable) cosmetics and mounts with real money, the store mounts and transmogs will always look better than the ones you can earn ingame. Just compare the mounts that are exist in the shop to the ones ingame. We get 3 different colors of a mount that looks like shit for the 3 SL KSM seasons, while the store mounts just look so much better and have unique animations, mountspecials and stuff like that.
    ill take nazjatar crab (or mad merchants spider) over any store mount, hell even over most of them combined...
    store mounts are more DETAILED, that is true, are they better? thats purely subjective, and imo, no, they are not, most of them are actualy quite silly looking...

also, im always baffled how come the store mounts are such an issue, but the 500k recolor of triceratops (or similar mounts) are not, ffs, for that much gold you can buy any store mount...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-06-19 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raidoser View Post
    Company who acted too much like you described just lost their reputation and never recovered for acting like a greedy goblin, example : Bioware, Ubisoft, Electronic Art.

Edit : to precise, you can't just think about money in a business you need to have passion if you don't you fall flat.
    Yes I am sure Electronic Arts and Ubisoft are scrounging for pennies there man, never recovered there after "sense of pride and accomplishment".

Bruh, I also love the superhero movies where the good guys always win, but I recognize there is a difference between fantasy and reality.

In reality - the corps that bleed their customers dry - win.

I agree. After all, the existence of the shop has really improved the quality of ingame content in the time it has been around.

The more good-looking mog in the game, the better. Be it via raiding or in the shop. I like looking nice.
    I just hope they'll step up their creativity with questing and dungeon gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Isn't it always cute how the biggest complainer about transmog in the shop are often also the biggest fans of Final Fantasy 14.

- - - Updated - - -

https://store.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxivstore/de-de/

Jep, it is definitively.
    Are you alright? I thought this was a WoW thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GucciWarr View Post
    never ceases to amaze me how many world of warcraft players are so down bad the thought of a having to pay a little more money is gamebreaking. Y’all got to stop farming keys and actually do something with yalls life, fucking bums
    Mate, if i want to pay to pay more i'll pay for something real. And i say that as a guy brought up in marble halls eating from silver spoons.

It's a game, its only reason to exist are its rules. And guess what were to happen if i one day just decide to use money to make it easier to play a game i play with friends?
    They'd stop playing with me; the rules are broken, the fun ceasrs, the game ceases.

Of course i could pay for new friends, but only the genuinely poor can think money is this magic substance that can buy them anything. Perfect food for scammers who will sell you any delusion for the right price, from snake oil for your ills to friendship centered around your monetary value to them.

It simply shows you understand neither the point nor nature of money and games.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Store transmog should be restricted to silly stuff that doesn't fit in-game like the yeti or sprite darter.

Selling premiums sets when they've made 2 expansions full of shit looking tiers would be a grievous insult at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post

ill take nazjatar crab (or mad merchants spider) over any store mount, hell even over most of them combined...
    store mounts are more DETAILED, that is true, are they better? thats purely subjective, and imo, no, they are not, most of them are actualy quite silly looking...

also, im always baffled how come the store mounts are such an issue, but the 500k recolor of triceratops (or similar mounts) are not, ffs, for that much gold you can buy any store mount...
    But even if you personally don't like the store mounts as much as the ingame ones, a lot of players do. And wouldn't it be just better, if ALL of those mounts were earnable ingame? Why does one have to spend 20€ on a mount, when they already paid 40€ for the game (best case) and 11€+ per month? For this amount of money I would expect to be able to get that stuff by playing the game, not by paying extra.

Honestly I don't know what you mean with triceratops, as I said I don't really care about mounts. I'm using Shredder on herbalism chars, Yak for repair/transmog, Sandstone Drake when helping friends in areas they can't fly in, and just random mount in all other cases.

To me, store mounts are an issue out of principle. They're used as a stepping stone, to open the door for more. First it's mounts, then pets, then race/faction changes and wow tokens. What's next? "People are already happy to give us money for mounts, why not milk them for even more stuff?" To me, it simply shouldn't exist in a game you already pay hundreds of €/$ for.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxoz View Post
    Realistically, there isnt 20 years of transmogs. The cutoff point for "stupidly outdated" keeps increasing as new content comes out. BC mogs look like they belong on the PS1 because... well, they do.

To me, and this is largely subjective, the current cutoff point is legion.
    See this I mostly agree with, though for me, so e of the cataclysm stuff has XMog value (mainly the leveling Plate).

But classic is useless, bc is useless, and wrath is mostly useless just due to resolution of the textures.

if wow were free to play with increased shop items, i bet a ton more people would casually play instead of being unsubbed (myself for sure) - and im not unsubbed due to price at all
    "We will not compromise our standards to release a title before it is ready."
    WoW T.W.O ( The Wars Over )

I'm curious, what happened that rezzed this topic, exactly? Normally, I'd only expect someone to dredge it up when something either just dropped on the store, or is about to, people bitch and whine about how WoW is greed-soaked and degenerate doing this in a sub game, as if they're copypasting straight from the last store thread, and then the subject completely dies until the next time something's put on the store. I haven't seen anything of the sort recently, though, unless I've just been paying zero attention.

Regardless, as to the topic itself, I really wouldn't mind at all if the transmog options on the store were made as robust as the mount options. It would change literally nothing about how I look at the store, or the game, because they're basically two separate bubbles to me that will never truly intersect or encroach meaningfully on each other, as long as, you know, the stuff on the store remains purely cosmetic. Blizzard can blow up that bubble as big as they want. I've always been of the mind that I'll consider poking the bubble if something that I think really suits me happens to drop on the store, but it hasn't happened yet. I don't care about someone streaking across the sky on their cosmic quetzalcoatl, wearing the God-Thane's Magmatic Blood Mantle of Ultimateness that still has the price tag clipped to it. Nor do I particularly care about Blizzard putting time and artistic effort into those flashy store things, at least not to that extent of thinking that their effort in-shop is taking away from their efforts in-game. In my opinion, there's enough decently good-looking mogs and sets that come with each expansion and handful of content patches that suit me just fine, and a lot of times suit me and my characters a little better than those store mounts/mogs would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    A lot of the games without a sub fee also have far less that you can do without doing some sort of a sub or are far worse in the scheme of things. If you don't understand like many people, the sub is server maintenance while the expansions are paying for what went into those. The in game shop is just icing on the cake in terms of profits which is 100% fine.
    Do you have anything to cite for your claim that maintaining the servers actually cost as much as the sub fee requires? Even assuming WoW has only 1 million players, that is somewhere around $15 million per month just from the sub fee alone. I don't think the servers are anywhere close to being that expensive to maintain, I've seen the claim before and it always seems like nonsense to me.

So, do you have anything to support the idea that the servers cost millions of dollars per month to run?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    The game has a boxprice and subscription, this stuff should all be earnable ingame.

And the existence of the shop certainly hasn't increased content production if you look at shadowlands lmao.
    I know right? WoD, Legion, BfA, SL... all terrible with no help from in game shop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Do you have anything to cite for your claim that maintaining the servers actually cost as much as the sub fee requires? Even assuming WoW has only 1 million players, that is somewhere around $15 million per month just from the sub fee alone. I don't think the servers are anywhere close to being that expensive to maintain, I've seen the claim before and it always seems like nonsense to me.

So, do you have anything to support the idea that the servers cost millions of dollars per month to run?
    It would seem like nonsense if someone were thinking about *only* certain costs like say the electricity needed to power just the server. But if one were to think about everything involved with keeping a server running with regards to us actually being able to play on that server, it becomes much less farfetched. Powering the server, powering the cooling system, refrigerant for said cooling system, security for the server (including server room, cooling systems, building/s housing the systems), payroll expenditures, the cost of maintaining the connections from a particular server to players around the world trying to access it, etc.

Shit adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    There is and has always be huge backlash for ingame store items, whever they are mounts or tmogs.

Now, the question I'm asking you is : "would you prefer to buy the tmog or earn them ingame via a fun quest" ?

Blizzard coud totally add new tmog not matching the expansion theme and earnable ingame. They probably won't, but they definitely won't if we ever let them put more and more tmog in the shop. Which is why we shouldn't let them do it.

What a terrible take, the only relevant question is "would it be better for the players if the transmogs were available in store or in game". The obvious answer is "ingame", as simple as that. All the other possiblities are considering blizzard caring more about money than the enjoyment of its customer, which is the case, but that's not something we should ever agree on, and we should fight it as much as we can.
    Stop using that phrase. Who cares where its available? As I said before, if they want to put something up for sale, and someone is willing to buy it, that's their business. And if I enjoy purchasing exclusive shop tmogs, that doesn't really support your assertion that blizz only cares about money. Riot's business model is proof of concept. Personally i'm not interested in sinking dozens of hours in-game learning raid mechanics for pixels, my life doesn't support that mode of play any longer. I'll pay for a carry if i want the gear, or ill pay for a tmog through the store. The argument would be valid if it were raid skins available through the store. Since they aren't (at this time), I reject the premise that in-store tmogs are a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Are you alright? I thought this was a WoW thread.
    Yes, i'm just so fed up about the FFXIV shills that complain about the WoW-Ingame-store; and there are enough of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    100% sure that all the people saying that this is the greediest thing imaginable are the same people who jumped ship to FFXIV and don't see a problem with their cash shop
    They actually are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    I know right? WoD, Legion, BfA, SL... all terrible with no help from in game shop.
    I'm fine and even really really hope that the excuse for shadowlands is simply that they got hit hard by the pandemic, Legion had a great content cadence but let's be real that was on the back of the diablo team joining them and at least half a year or more cut from WoD.

But WoD, BfA and the insane last patch draught of MoP (exacerbated by WoD following it) are just not acceptable for the money they make.