Page 14 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Hybrids ≠ dragons
    Saying the Dracthyr are dragons is just like saying they’re Night Elves/Trolls. (Or whatever other races were used in their creation)

It’s also like saying Rexxar is an Ogre.
    Or saying Garona is a Draenei.
    Or saying Med’an is a human.
    Or saying Arator is a human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Hybrids ≠ dragons
    Blizzard disagrees. However, thanks for sharing your opinion.

1+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard disagrees. However, thanks for sharing your opinion.
    Nah. Blizzard’s history with hybrids agrees.
    Unless you wanna call Dracthyr elves or trolls now.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Nah. Blizzard’s history with hybrids agrees.
    Unless you wanna call Dracthyr elves or trolls now.
    You’re free to believe whatever warped view you wish to subscribe to. However, in the case of dracthyr being dragons, Blizzard has made their position quite clear.

And with that, I’m done with this topic unless new evidence surfaces to the contrary. No need to derail this thread further with nonsense from Dracthyr haters.

1+ Year Old Account
    I love that Dracthyr will let me play a troll hybrid.
    Always wondered what it would look like.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Yeah, they do that by calling Dracthyr dragons multiple times in multiple interviews, NEVER stating that Dracthyr are non-dragons as you falsely state in your posts. Thus indicating that to them, a hybrid can in fact be a dragon.
    Your dishonesty makes itself clear again. So I need to show Blizzard saying those exact same words you want for you to accept facts, but when the shoe is on the other foot, suddenly "exact words" don't have to be said. "Rules for thee but not for me" or, in other words, double-standards.

Blizzard has said that "hybrids cannot be dragons" when they explicitly and unambiguously described the dracthyr as the hybridization of dragon essences and non-dragon essences, and also by the simple fact that the race is not called 'dragon'.

You personally believing the opposite is nothing more than your opinion that real world rules and definitions should apply to a mythical creature and a fantasy game.
    It is not belief, and it is not an opinion. Its factual. I'll repeat: it doesn't matter if it's a fantasy setting, a sci-fi setting, or modern setting. It doesn't matter the story happens on this planet, in a different, or in a completely different universe. This world, this setting still needs to be described, and to describe it, words are required. And Blizzard isn't creating an entire new language we're not privy to to describe this world. No, they're using real life words with real life meanings. Because the developers and storytellers are using the real-world english language to describe the universe of Warcraft.

That's why when someone mentions a tree in WoW, people don't go "but what the hell is a tree?" and instead imagine the same kind of trees you have on your local city park, unless Blizzard further describes said tree in a way that doesn't match what the word 'tree' means. But they haven't done the same for the word "hybrid". Instead, the deep-dive video describes 'hybrid' in a way that matches perfectly the actual definition of the word.

We’re done here.
    I'll stop pointing the flaws and dishonesty your arguments when you stop being dishonest.

- - - Updated - - -

In your opinion.
    But suddenly it's not "in your opinion" when you call the idea of calling the playable race "dragons" as "lame" and "lacks pizazz"?

Double-standards, ahoy!

- - - Updated - - -

You’re free to believe whatever warped view you wish to subscribe to. However, in the case of dracthyr being dragons, Blizzard has made their position quite clear.
    They have! And their position is that dracthyr are not dragons due to being a mixture of dragons and non-dragons, i.e., hybrids.

Uh, he’s not an elf or human at all, he’s a dragon pretending to be a mortal. Again, show me a half elf/human with bright blue hair that isn’t a dragon in disguise.

Every dragon doesn’t show their draconic attributes the same way. Some hide them fully, others make it known. Ebonhorne is an example of the former, since he wanted to blend in with the Tauren who protected him. Onyxia is another example, since she used her visage form for infiltration into the higher levels of Stormwind nobility.

Wrathion in an example of the latter, since he is proud of his heritage and wants to openly display it via burning red eyes.

They’re all Black dragons.

You seem to not understand that dragons take visage forms for different reasons, and thus have different ways of showing, or not showing their draconic background. Your inability to show any half elves/humans with hair like Kalecgos is another example of a dragon showing off their true nature while in visage form.
    You are saying that even though that both humans and elves have blue hair options a half elf wouldnt? There are only 2 half elves in game. And given the fact that Arator has his mother's (elf) hair color it's safe to assume they don't just magically lose hair color options from the base races.

Do you seriously not know how mentally I'll you sound?

You keep misspelling Ebonhorn's name wrong. It's funny how you try to insist you are right when you can't even bother to look shit up. Have you seen black dragons? They don't have burning red eyes in their dragon forms. Nyxondra his mom doesn't even have burning eyes. So its a trait of black dragon's that black dragons don't even have? Not even Deathwing himself has firey burning eyes like you are talking about. Deathwing has glowing red eyes in his corrupted dragon form and thats it. Wrathion isn't even corrupted so there's even less reason for his eyes being related to his dragon form.

Also:

If you actually watch the videos his eyes glow and don't burn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    You are saying that even though that both humans and elves have blue hair options a half elf wouldnt? There are only 2 half elves in game. And given the fact that Arator has his mother's (elf) hair color it's safe to assume they don't just magically lose hair color options from the base races.
    Do you have an example of an elf that has the same shade of blue hair that Kalecgos has?

Do you seriously not know how mentally I'll you sound?
    Not as mentally I’ll as you.

You keep misspelling Ebonhorn's name wrong. It's funny how you try to insist you are right when you can't even bother to look shit up. Have you seen black dragons? They don't have burning red eyes in their dragon forms.
    I never said they did.

Nyxondra his mom doesn't even have burning eyes. So its a trait of black dragon's that black dragons don't even have? Not even Deathwing himself has firey burning eyes like you are talking about. Deathwing has glowing red eyes in his corrupted dragon form and thats it. Wrathion isn't even corrupted so there's even less reason for his eyes being related to his dragon form.
    And dragons don’t have bright blue hair either. Again, the POINT is that Wrathion purposely has burning red eyes in visage form because he wants people to know he’s a dragon.

Also:
    If you actually watch the videos his eyes glow and don't burn.
    Yes they do;

Do you have an example of an elf that has the same shade of blue hair that Kalecgos has?

Not as mentally I’ll as you.

I never said they did.

And dragons don’t have bright blue hair either. Again, the POINT is that Wrathion purposely has burning red eyes in visage form because he wants people to know he’s a dragon.

Yes they do;

Yeah Night Elves have the same shade of blue
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...08dLa808dgq87q

I'm not the one that ignores facts and science and keeps insisting on finding the exact shade of blue for a hair color cause I can't handle the fact that I'm wrong. You show me some proof I'm wrong and I'll gladly concede. I and others have repeatedly shown you facts and you just repeatedly say "no lol". If you aren't mentally ill then clearly you are trolling.

If you watch the videos and not the bad gifs you keep linking you can see he doesn't have burning eyes. And how are people going to know he is a dragon from burning eyes when NONE of them have burning eyes except a corrupted deathwing and even then he just has glowing eyes not burning eyes? I'm not even talking human forms anymore I'm talking about their dragon forms. If I'm a Tuskar who can transform into different shapes I'm not going to add scales to my new form so people know I'm a Tuskar when no Tuskars have scales I'm going to add Tusks or the mustache.

Go back to being a tinker fanatic. Atleast then you would occasionally get a fact or two right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah Night Elves have the same shade of blue
    https://www.wowhead.com/dressing-roo...08dLa808dgq87q
    Except Kalecgos disguises himself as a half elf of high elven and human stock. He doesn’t disguise himself as a half night elf. In fact, I’m not aware of any half night elves/half humans in WoW. Could you link us to some?

I'm not the one that ignores facts and science and keeps insisting on finding the exact shade of blue for a hair color cause I can't handle the fact that I'm wrong.
    I think the fact that you can’t find a human or Blood/high elf with Kalecgos’ hair color proves that I’m not wrong. It’s a little thing we like to call “evidence”.

You show me some proof I'm wrong and I'll gladly conced
    You mean other than the fact that no blood/high elf, human, or mixture of the two share Kalecgos’ hair color?

I and others have repeatedly shown you facts and you just repeatedly say "no lol". If you aren't mentally ill then clearly you are trolling.
    I’ve provided nothing but evidence in these conversations. All I’m getting in return is opinions and shifting goalposts, like you moving to Nightelves when you can’t find a high/blood elf, human, or hybrid to back up your claims.

If you watch the videos and not the bad gifs you keep linking you can see he doesn't have burning eyes. And how are people going to know he is a dragon from burning eyes when NONE of them have burning eyes except a corrupted deathwing and even then he just has glowing eyes not burning eyes? I'm not even talking human forms anymore I'm talking about their dragon forms. If I'm a Tuskar who can transform into different shapes I'm not going to add scales to my new form so people know I'm a Tuskar when no Tuskars have scales I'm going to add Tusks or the mustache.
    Uh, the gifs come from the video you posted.

Also since humans don’t have red burning/glowing/whatever eyes, that sort of shows that wrathion isn’t really human.

Go back to being a tinker fanatic. Atleast then you would occasionally get a fact or two right.
    Regardless of what class concept I support, your arguments will remain terrible.

I’ve provided nothing but evidence in these conversations. All I’m getting in return is opinions and shifting goalposts
    Says the guy who has tried to re-define the meaning of the word "hybrid" to fit his narrative, and claims we can't use the english language to describe a fantasy world to an english-speaking audience.

I love the comments going "holy shit Blizzard this makes so much more sense lore wise" as if the obvious elephant in the room isn't having to implement properly working dragons that can enter and move around in every area a player can without shrinking them down to be the size of a druid bear, and still have them be able to use their abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I love the comments going "holy shit Blizzard this makes so much more sense lore wise" as if the obvious elephant in the room isn't having to implement properly working dragons that can enter and move around in every area a player can without shrinking them down to be the size of a druid bear, and still have them be able to use their abilities.
    I don't remember anyone arguing that...?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Yeah, and the people praising the OP’s idea, or the idea of playing as huge, hideous looking Drakonoids or dragonspawn would be complaining about those options as well.

Blizzard deserves a great deal of credit for creating a dragon race that are large, yet not huge and bulky enough to cause visual or technical obstructions. Additionally creating a linked class that will allow us as players to fully utilize the powers of characters like Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos, and Chromie. Again, I foresee this race/class easily becoming one of the top three in the game for many years to come.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Says the guy who has tried to re-define the meaning of the word "hybrid" to fit his narrative, and claims we can't use the english language to describe a fantasy world to an english-speaking audience.
    I mean, your whole argument is stupid.

Your saying Drakthyr cannot be dragons because they're hybrids. So they're part dragons then... Let that sink in.
    Here is something to believe in!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    i agree
    sadly however i honestly believe the current team is more focused on originality of their ideas instead of what exists in lore
    Yep, a bunch of egocentric hacks, the "new lore" of then "dracthyr evoker" is fucking bad, and the design is jus a demon hunter copy and they are more fursonas than actual humanoid dragons, depressing

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    If true then it is failure in making. Who right in their mind would try to sell dragon race/class fantasy with girly looking character. That's counterintuitive. The kind of thing I would apply to people who want to sabotage their company profits.
    Dude basicaly said the wow playerbase is not the target audience of the dracthyr evoker

the irony of this words

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, and the people praising the OP’s idea, or the idea of playing as huge, hideous looking Drakonoids or dragonspawn would be complaining about those options as well.

Blizzard deserves a great deal of credit for creating a dragon race that are large, yet not huge and bulky enough to cause visual or technical obstructions. Additionally creating a linked class that will allow us as players to fully utilize the powers of characters like Alexstraza, Wrathion, Kalecgos, and Chromie. Again, I foresee this race/class easily becoming one of the top three in the game for many years to come.
    They don't deserve any credit for "inventing the wheel", we already had " dragon race", they could just have tweaked the drakonid model and its done

A class that could "fully utilize the power of of character like"(which they don't, btw) those you said could be made with the dragonsworn.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    Your saying Drakthyr cannot be dragons because they're hybrids. So they're part dragons then... Let that sink in.
    The whole concept of "hybridization" is that two entities are merged together, becoming a new entity. Table salt is sodium and chlorine, but it cannot still be considered chlorine or that it has all the properties of chlorine. A gryphon is a hybrid of lion and eagle, but you'd be hard-pressed in calling the beast a "lion". Nor are they classified as such.

And what Teriz is trying to claim is that dracthyr are dragons in the "pure-blood" sense, if I got his arguments right. Dracthyr may be draconic, just like drakonid and dragonmen, but they're not actual dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They don't deserve any credit for "inventing the wheel", we already had " dragon race", they could just have tweaked the drakonid model and its done

Except Drakonoids/Drakonids are mortals who were mutated into draconic monsters. They wouldn’t (lorewise) be able to emulate the powers of major dragon characters. Dracthyr are more in line with Chromatic dragons: artificial dragons created by the black Dragonflight to possess the powers of various dragonflights.

A class that could "fully utilize the power% of of character like"(which they don't, btw) those you said could be made with the dragonsworn.
    How don’t they? They have abilities from Onyxia, Chromie, and Alexstraza, and we’ll obviously get more.

Except Kalecgos disguises himself as a half elf of high elven and human stock. He doesn’t disguise himself as a half night elf. In fact, I’m not aware of any half night elves/half humans in WoW. Could you link us to some?

I think the fact that you can’t find a human or Blood/high elf with Kalecgos’ hair color proves that I’m not wrong. It’s a little thing we like to call “evidence”.

You mean other than the fact that no blood/high elf, human, or mixture of the two share Kalecgos’ hair color?

I’ve provided nothing but evidence in these conversations. All I’m getting in return is opinions and shifting goalposts, like you moving to Nightelves when you can’t find a high/blood elf, human, or hybrid to back up your claims.

Uh, the gifs come from the video you posted.

Also since humans don’t have red burning/glowing/whatever eyes, that sort of shows that wrathion isn’t really human.

Regardless of what class concept I support, your arguments will remain terrible.
    You do realize that high elves are descendants from Night Elven Highborne right? You literally destroy your own argument that Dracthyr are dragons if you try and claim High Elves aren't night elves. You didn't even know he was half elf lol. You thought he was a human. It also doesn't say what elf is the other half.
    "
    The blue surprised the bronze by revealing that his visage was that of a humble half-elf. Kalecgos explained that while many blues chose elaborate forms, he instead wanted to be approachable and walk among mortals as a friend and equal. When Chronormu asked about his visage's blue hair, he replied "It suits me". " His very own quote says it wasn't because he wanted to show off his dragon aspect.

"They need to be elaborate and formal because that is what we expect of them. Yes? While many of my flight follow the example of the Aspects, I seek to walk beside the mortals as an equal. I chose a visage that is half-human and half-elf: a blend of mortal worlds, as I try to be a blend of our world and theirs. I didn't want my appearance to remind them of a dragon. I wanted them to see me as a friend, a peer, someone they can trust. I would say that was the heart of my choice and my identity, Chronormu: I chose to be approachable."
    He didn't want to remind people of a dragon.

Maybe try and do some research before responding to stuff it would make you look less like an idiot.

You know Void Elves are blood & High Elves right? And they have blue hair. And again Humans have blue hair as an option. You are just trying to win by saying its a slightly different shade.

You haven't provided any evidence. You thought Kalecgos was a human lol. It took me 5 posts and 6 links to show how ignorant you were because you refuse to accept any reality that isn't part of your fanfiction. It's honestly quiet sad.

Yeah they gifs don't have the smoothness of the videos. Rewatch the videos. It's clear they aren't burning.

Undead humans have red burning eyes, Humans have a red eye option (without glow). Humans can have glowing eyes from elements like the light. Black dragons don't have glowing red eyes. So again I ask you if dragons don't have the eyes how are people going to know he is a dragon from the eyes? Why wouldn't he manifest horns instead? Or scales? Or wings?
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-06-20 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I don't remember anyone arguing that...?
    Sorry, I didn't think I would need to cite the first page of the thread to people already in the thread. You can see at least two separate posters stating as much as if the actual reason such a thing would not be implemented is the impracticality of fitting dragons where bipedal playable characters are meant to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.