Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So should we nuke him?
    no. there's nothing we can do against his life (because they hold nukes). And it's sad. Iran is predicted to get nukes soon too and they're even worse than Russia. And let's not forget China looming over all this with designs on world subjugation.

We're in an era where despotic regimes are finally playing the MAD card to get what they want as I stated for years was going to happen.

But when I mentioned waging an all-out war against Putin for starving the world, I was citing a redditor who said if he's just going to get away with that much, we're screwed anyway because he's just going to keep doing worse, so you may as well take him down and start civilization over from the aftermath. Or more importantly, bet *everything* on Russia even having functioning nukes considering how their military is.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-06-20 at 06:52 AM.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Btw, how are you living the facts about the famine that Russia is creating in the world and particularly in Africa ?
    You know that Russia talks directly with Africans about their issues?

Maybe you should stop thinking that world cannot do anything without you.
    Last edited by Shalcker; 2022-06-20 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Russia has many problems but inflation is already under control, and measures to alleviate previous price increases for vulnerable population are already in pipeline.

Meanwhile West is set for many months of increasing prices as energy hikes work their way through manufacturing chains.
    Meanwhile Russia is fucked long term. Btw those gas dependent manufactoring chains, are simply converting to oil usage till the situation is more stable. The West is plenty rich to deal with this, don't kid yourself.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/vis...-in-one-chart/

Hopefully that'll help you realise your situation.
    Last edited by Crispin; 2022-06-20 at 07:04 AM.

if anything, I want people to explain HOW his mass starvation tactic isn't already a declaration of war against most of the world.

I thought that if he just kept his depraved war in Ukraine, we would just only support Ukraine and not intervene. This is not just Ukraine now.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    if anything, I want people to explain HOW his mass starvation tactic isn't already a declaration of war against most of the world.

I thought that if he just kept his depraved war in Ukraine, we would just only support Ukraine and not intervene. This is not just Ukraine now.
    Because most of the West doesn't give a shit about starving people in Africa or elsewhere. That's been a constant for decades. We could easily feed the entire continent, but since it would cost us money and doesn't do anything for us, we don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Because most of the West doesn't give a shit about starving people in Africa or elsewhere. That's been a constant for decades. We could easily feed the entire continent, but since it would cost us money and doesn't do anything for us, we don't care.
    Africans ask to give them similar excemption to be able to pay for Russian wheat and fertiliser that Europe made for their own energy imports.

Africans ask to give them similar excemption to be able to pay for Russian wheat and fertiliser that Europe made for their own energy imports.
    When you say Russian wheat, do you mean wheat that you grew, or wheat that you plundered from Ukraine? Just asking.

and doesn't do anything for us
    what do you mean by this? Making new friends to deprive Putler Russia from a geopolitical standpoint isn't getting anything?

You know that Russia talks directly with Africans about their issues?

Maybe you should stop thinking that world cannot do anything without you.
    You "talk" (and that is mostly the only thing you are doing) while you blockade Ukrainian export and pillage their grain, then sell that stolen grain. How does it feel to shill for a country that behave like highwaymen ?

what do you mean by this? Making new friends to deprive Putler Russia from a geopolitical standpoint isn't getting anything?
    Not really, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Meanwhile Russia is fucked long term. Btw those gas dependent manufactoring chains, are simply converting to oil usage till the situation is more stable. The West is plenty rich to deal with this, don't kid yourself.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/vis...-in-one-chart/

Hopefully that'll help you realise your situation.
    Don't see how nominal GDP proves anything.

If rouble will strengthen back to 40 rouble per usd, will that mean Russian economy doubled after war? (because that's how nominal GDP is calculated)

- - - Updated - - -

When you say Russian wheat, do you mean wheat that you grew, or wheat that you plundered from Ukraine? Just asking.
    Does that matter as far as staving off famine is concerned? If you can prove it being stolen ask for fair repayment from Russia later.

Or do you think that "Russia not getting profits" takes priority over African lives?

You will not like what Russia would ask from them in exchange for not getting paid either.

Not really, no.
    and besides talk of gain, letting him possibly kill millions is "whatever" as well just because they're from poor or downtrodden regions?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You "talk" (and that is mostly the only thing you are doing) while you blockade Ukrainian export and pillage their grain, then sell that stolen grain. How does it feel to shill for a country that behave like highwaymen ?
    Noone blockades Ukrainian ports atm; free passage is offered through agreed corridors for all commercial vessels.

and besides talk of gain, letting him possibly kill millions is "whatever" as well just because they're from poor or downtrodden regions?
    Man, millions have been starving in Africa for a long time. What makes you think the people in charge are suddenly caring? I'm not saying you shouldn't care, I'm not saying I don't care. I want to know what gives you the impression that, after decades of not being bothered by that issue, the West will suddenly give any more shits than it already does, which is, sadly, very little shits?

Does that matter as far as staving off famine is concerned? If you can prove it being stolen ask for fair repayment from Russia later.

Or do you think that "Russia not getting profits" takes priority over African lives?
    Well, seeing how the grain you stole and you blocking trade significantly worsened said famine, yes, I think it does matter.

Also, 'fair repayment' from Russia. Man, I almost had a stroke trying to process that. Fair repayment. From Russia. Sure. Hey, why don't I ask Hitler to host my cousin's Bar Mizwa?

Also, 'fair repayment' from Russia. Man, I almost had a stroke trying to process that. Fair repayment. From Russia. Sure. Hey, why don't I ask Hitler to host my cousin's Bar Mizwa?
    There are ways to achieve that. Could be part of "full sanction removal" package.

Noone blockades Ukrainian ports atm; free passage is offered through agreed corridors for all commercial vessels.
    Yeah, but logistics companies usually refrain or are at least reluctant to send ships into active warzones, because you never know when open porst might suddenly become closed. And while state-of-the-art warships (meaning any warships but Russian ones) can defend against stray missiles, freighters usually can't. And seeing how, ahm, skilled the russian military is, I'd say we're about a week away from them mistaking a freighter for a Ukranian Aircraftcarrier and sinking it. I mean, Ukraine doesn't have any Aricraft Carriers, but hey, better make sure. If in doubt, fire a missile at it. The Russian way.

- - - Updated - - -

There are ways to achieve that. Could be part of "full sanction removal" package.
    I'm going to watch that happen from the Bridge of my Galaxy-Class Starship with my good pal, Luke Skywalker, over a drink of Ham Gamgees ale.

Did I miss the announce when Russia would not attack Ukrainian ports if they removed the mines ?

- - - Updated - - -

And here I thought the sanctions were not working on Russia ? Why remove them then ?

Yeah, but logistics companies usually refrain or are at least reluctant to send ships into active warzones, because you never know when open porst might suddenly become closed. And while state-of-the-art warships (meaning any warships but Russian ones) can defend against stray missiles, freighters usually can't. And seeing how, ahm, skilled the russian military is, I'd say we're about a week away from them mistaking a freighter for a Ukranian Aircraftcarrier and sinking it. I mean, Ukraine doesn't have any Aricraft Carriers, but hey, better make sure. If in doubt, fire a missile at it. The Russian way.
    Making impossible demands isn't going to release any grain.

You are essentially saying "noone can transport grain because Russia exists"; solving this problem is obviously going to take longer then Africa can wait, so maybe you should take Russian offer and make every effort grain actually moves despite risks rather then waiting for absolute certainty.

You are essentially saying "noone can transport grain because Russia exists"; solving this problem is obviously going to take longer then Africa can wait, so maybe you should take Russian offer and make every effort grain actually moves despite risks rather then waiting for absolute certainty.
    Or Russia could back off of Ukraine, or make the promise that they would attack but who would believe them ?

It's an impossible demand that Russia maybe, for a change, isn't a threat to world peace? That you don't start wars of aggression to murder thousands of innocent people?

Also, seeing how if you take a Russian offer you never actually get what you were offered, I hope you can see how we might be reluctant to take you up on that.