Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I was really happy when they put celestial robe in the store. They could also put cosmic staff for my mage or some epic character customization options. I wouldn’t complain.
    Well, if you want to walk around with "SUCKER" stamped on your forehead, let me tell you all about this great Diablo mobile game that came out for players JUST like you....

Quote Originally Posted by Fantazma View Post
    A few years ago Blizzard launched those skull hoods (fire and ice) in the store and the repercussion of this was quite negative. Many players kicked anyone who entered the Raid using an xmog paid with real money. For them, a real offense.

Well, time has passed and the store is full of mounts that are obtainable for real money. (Weird logic. You can raid a shop mount but not shop xmogs...well...).
    And time passed even more and now we have two xmogs (pretty weird, I must say) in the store and this time we didn't have any "riots" because of it.

Using the same logic as the mounts in the store I ask: ... Why doesn't Blizzard fill the store with really cool xmogs (including some really full black for rogues plz) for people to buy?? I would pay (a similar price to mounts) for a really cool set that matches my main class.
    What is your opinion on this??

p.s: Forgive something wrong. English is not my first language.
    Why? Are you really close to all the store mounts you have bought? I would think certain items, gear, mounts, pets & titles in a MMORPG would hold alot more value to you(or anyone else) when one actually put in effort to require it. With store mounts now, im sure for alot of people it goes like this;
    - Buys store mount
    - Gets excited for half a day
    - Never uses the mount again

Repeats it when a new mount is launched.

Are you seriously mentioning operational expenses such as server costs as a justification for sub costs and box costs?

Guess how much does it cost to run one realm per month? Something within $1-3k bracket; this would include connectivity and generally everything. Even maintenance and scheduled updates. The only cost they have on top is development, support and marketing. Out of which only support is required for operations per se - and you all know that wow has close to nonexistent support.

So yes, they are super rich and neither sub costs nor extra shop items can justify anything

Id rather pay DLC prices for class skins and allied races. Unlock quests included obvs.

But let's be real, the game is already AAA price, plus 15 bucks a month. Everything should be earnable ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Yes, i'm just so fed up about the FFXIV shills that complain about the WoW-Ingame-store; and there are enough of them.

- - - Updated - - -

They actually are.
    Here's another one then.

The WoW ingame store sucks.

A few years ago Blizzard launched those skull hoods (fire and ice) in the store and the repercussion of this was quite negative. Many players kicked anyone who entered the Raid using an xmog paid with real money. For them, a real offense.

Well, time has passed and the store is full of mounts that are obtainable for real money. (Weird logic. You can raid a shop mount but not shop xmogs...well...).
    And time passed even more and now we have two xmogs (pretty weird, I must say) in the store and this time we didn't have any "riots" because of it.

Using the same logic as the mounts in the store I ask: ... Why doesn't Blizzard fill the store with really cool xmogs (including some really full black for rogues plz) for people to buy?? I would pay (a similar price to mounts) for a really cool set that matches my main class.

p.s: Forgive something wrong. English is not my first language.
    I'm actually with you on this, but I'm more for the outlandish transmogs they currently release as opposed to something "really cool" as you suggest.
    By that I mean just really weird shit; we've seen the faerie outfit and the yeti costume that came from a virtual ticket. The recent celestial looking mog and the one from the shadowlands preorder were a bit less silly and actually I find those to be less of what I'd want to see as a shop mog.

You know what I'd like to see - shop mogs that are not Warcraft. Like cross promo lost vikings outfit, overwatch looks, wild stuff like that. At this point anyone who says more work is going towards shop content as opposed to stuff you can earn in game has not played enough of this game, or has an extremely limited sense of taste.

10+ Year Old Account

This is an absolutely terrible idea that would absolutely be universally hated by the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    This got me thinking. It's actually not even the amount of money that you have to pay for these items that's the problem. If anything I would prefer the game-store items to be exorbitantly expensive. At least then there would be some (still laughable) prestige to the players wearing them.

But Blizzard doesn't even have the decency to make the store cosmetics prohibitive. Bums can buy them as well. Which makes them ubiquitous visual noise that detracts from the stuff that people earned by playing the game in one way or another.

There's no problem with a handful of players walking around with items that cost a fortune in the game store. In fact it would be hilarious. The real problem is that the in-game store products are too accessible which floods the game with junk.

true where my whales @ everyone I know who bought a long boy was a nerd with a dream

I dont really have any justification for this, but what is currently in the store doesn't bother me too much. The sprite darter set was originally part of a promotion and the store is a secondary way to obtain it. Personally I'm fine with accessories like the murloc baby backpacks being sold. Im not happy about the celestial ensemble or the helmets but not enough to really care. As long as it is done infrequently, I will treat them the same way I do store mounts and only purchase the ones I want when theyre on sale.

I do not want the store to become the primary way to obtain "good" transmog. I've seen how that plays out in both FF14 and SWtOR.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think transmog is the best item to have on the shop.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Blizzard has shown us that they're capable of producing high quality and unique mounts and transmogs, and they gate it behind an extra paywall. Infuriating really.

Personally I don't really care. I've never bought anything from the shop because I know I'll become bored of it within a month. That's the problem with having so many transmogs. You do become bored with the one you're wearing. I'm not gonna pay money to become bored with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    It would seem like nonsense if someone were thinking about *only* certain costs like say the electricity needed to power just the server. But if one were to think about everything involved with keeping a server running with regards to us actually being able to play on that server, it becomes much less farfetched. Powering the server, powering the cooling system, refrigerant for said cooling system, security for the server (including server room, cooling systems, building/s housing the systems), payroll expenditures, the cost of maintaining the connections from a particular server to players around the world trying to access it, etc.

Shit adds up.
    Yeah it does add up, but I've never actually seen anyone back up the claim of "server costs" with any numbers. So it remains an unsubstantiated claim used to try to bullshit their way out of actually having an actual discussion about the topic.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2022-06-20 at 03:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Blizzard has shown us that they're capable of producing high quality and unique mounts and transmogs, and they gate it behind an extra paywall. Infuriating really.
    Which high quality transmogs are behind a paywall?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Most of my favorite mounts to use came from the shop so ... sure, add a bunch of transmog as well. I'll get what I like and be happy with it, I'm sure. As long as they're not manipulating me into spending I have no issues with any game developer monetizing their game in any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Transmogrification sets on the store sound fine to me, as a seasonal thing, not a constant thing, nor bloated, we're talking like, a maximum of 10 sets (all class sets) which is only available at Christmas, no rotation, just, "Merry Christmas, buy a suit!".

And I feel like the token should be removed from the store and made completely in-game so that you can go to an NPC, dump 300k = 1-month gametime, or 20 Battle.net currency (which cannot be withdrawn).
    Signature: Beware of FOMO, it's a known mental issue!
    Post: I think it's fine for Blizzard to trigger those who have mental issues into spending money.

It is tragic that an entire generation of gamers have grown up having accepted cash shops and microtransactions as the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    A lot of the games without a sub fee also have far less that you can do without doing some sort of a sub or are far worse in the scheme of things. If you don't understand like many people, the sub is server maintenance while the expansions are paying for what went into those. The in game shop is just icing on the cake in terms of profits which is 100% fine.
    Then why not increase the subscription fee? It's fallen way behind on inflation, even pre-2020. A subscription fee at least doesn't entitle players to anything other than the same opportunities every other player gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It is tragic that an entire generation of gamers have grown up having accepted cash shops and microtransactions as the norm.
    Yep. They should instead demand everything is put into the game, obtainable for everyone.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    Are you seriously mentioning operational expenses such as server costs as a justification for sub costs and box costs?

Guess how much does it cost to run one realm per month? Something within $1-3k bracket; this would include connectivity and generally everything. Even maintenance and scheduled updates.
    Say you don't know anything about the datacenter enterprise prices without saying you don't know anything about datacenter enterprise prices.

Don't use your own personal VPS price brackets to measure what Blizzard pays for multiple datacenters of VPSs. Not to mention all the backups and the traffic.

A simple server for a simple mobile game can cost up to 5 digits a month on AWS for TRAFFIC alone.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side