Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I wish blizzard had more stuff there.

The Rwo current store sets are very lackluster.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

You already pay a ridiculously high sub fee to play the game and you want to pay more for transmogs? Some people have way more money than sense...

Every cosmetic they design for the shop is infinitely better looking than anything in game in order to incentivise dumb people to throw their money away because they release a new cat mount that changes colour. Look at the Celestial set they brought out recently and compare it to any set of armour obtainable in-game, it's 100 times more detailed and obviously had way more effort put into it than any actual content they've designed in the last 5 years.

I don't want to see anything added to the store unless the game goes free to play. It's ridiculous to ask a sub fee and then charge $30 for a mount, or transmog, or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    Then why not increase the subscription fee? It's fallen way behind on inflation, even pre-2020. A subscription fee at least doesn't entitle players to anything other than the same opportunities every other player gets.
    how is increasing sub better than store? with store people who WANT AND CAN will pay more, with increased sub everybody would have to, or not play at all...
    how is putting more hurdles in the way to people from poorer countries (bcs the sub is the same in USA and in eastern europe, with salaries being WILDLY different) helping any of us or game itself, or for that matter, blizzard?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    You already pay a ridiculously low sub fee
    fixed that for you, its very low for whats available, hell 2cinema tickets are about the same price in my country, and its really not rich country (Slovakia)

Every cosmetic they design for the shop is infinitely better looking than anything in game
    just... no
    the celestial set from shop is the ugliest set in the whole game, its more detailed, but definitely not better looking...

I don't want to see anything added to the store unless the game goes free to play.
    sub is the same for all of wow existance, its not higher THANKS TO SHOP ffs...
    they are business NOT A GODDAMN CHARITY, do you understand basics of economics? seems like not...

and i find it absolutely stupid and selfish to have attitude "i dont want to pay for shop items so NOBODY should have them", bcs without shop they wouldnt be ingame, they would simply not exist, if you are not bright enough to realise that its sad, but thats reality
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-06-20 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    how is increasing sub better than store? with store people who WANT AND CAN will pay more, with increased sub everybody would have to, or not play at all...
    A subscription buys you the same opportunity everyone else has to play the game that gives you a reward.
    An in-store item buys you the reward directly, without playing the game.

I have no problem with Blizzard adjusting their subscription rates to local circumstances, seems sensible to me.

Such a curious sight, to see people clamoring to spend more of their money after already spending their money, and that for effectively nothing.
    Is there some sort of dissonance that makes them think "Oh if i just spend a little more i might just get what i want? Please Blizzard i'm a good boy! Give me what i want for money!"? Don't they realise that they are nowhere close to significant enough for their money to be a relevant factor in the decision-making for that process?
    And that it's an entirely questionable assumption that money even is a factor in the process of making quality content of any kind?

I usually detest those who scream "Paid shills!" or anything of the kind, but honestly it almost seems like that with this amount of warped nonlogic.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but that was like 1000 years ago. They should consider it again tbh. And cancel sub. Add season pass with some perks and stuff would be better :P

Quote Originally Posted by Iain View Post
    A subscription buys you the same opportunity everyone else has to play the game that gives you a reward.
    An in-store item buys you the reward directly, without playing the game.

I have no problem with Blizzard adjusting their subscription rates to local circumstances, seems sensible to me.
    as for the reward, how is store item worse than frogs in nazmir? you literaly just buy them directly, no need to play the game...
    and its not like there are no rewards ingame, there are HUNDREDS of ingame mogs and mounts, i have over 500 mounts, how much is there on shop, dozen, maybe 20?

and they cant really adjust it in europe, you would just register in "poor" country that is right next to yours and bam, you got cheap ass sub...
    and still, even in "richer" countries you have poorer people, how would cashing on them more help anyone? at best a lot of people would stop playing, does that really help anyone?

people might not like it, but optional items on shop are actualy best solution for everyone, dividing the cost of the game (profit included ofc) among people with richer people paying more... is it perfect solution? no, is it better than driving people away or cashing on "poorer" people? yes, much better
    id agree its bad idea if there was some powerful items unobtainable in the game, but cosmetics? doesnt hurt anyone and helps many, so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    And cancel sub.
    god please no, can you imagine opening of the floodgates of toxicity that would come without sub? jeez... all the forum morons and trolls that are here are nice "taste" of how it would look in any f2p model

I can live with mounts in the store because most of the store mounts are so unffitting for the world i don't care about them and don't see them very often. Like this stupid new monster housecat.

Transmog.... that is a BIG part of an MMORPG. If the best transmogs are in the shop AND i have to pay a sub. Nop. Never. We allready get only recolors left and right.
    I would quit immediatly. One of the reasons why i don't like FF14. Sub and a HUUUUGE transmog shop. Fuck that.

If they go F2P you cannot really speak against it. But with a sub? That would actually kill the game for me. More so than a bad raid which is what i mostly do besides gathering transmogs.
    This would be the ultimate fuck you from blizz to us. And that people actually advocate for that is baffling... like... wtf? We have sets ingame. Gather them.

The sand transmog from raf is somewhat of a money grab as well, why they broke the trend of free gametime and gave a unique transmog that could have otherwise been available to all speaks to how they are willing to create exclusivity.
    I think a cool balance would be if when a raid is current you can buy one of the unused colorations of the raid set (sometimes, maybe once per expansion when there are variations which stand out). Maybe make it require having the original set, but you can only buy the set during the time it is relevant. You cannot buy the helms anymore, if they keep cosmetics on the store eventually to a new player there'll be 500 sets of gear you can buy for 15$ and such a sight leaves a very dislikable taste. Could even make it available for the cost of one wow woken if people dislike $:sub:gold conversions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Signature: Beware of FOMO, it's a known mental issue!
    Post: I think it's fine for Blizzard to trigger those who have mental issues into spending money.
    Grats, you didn't even read the whole thing. I'm not afraid, nor worried about FOMO, nor should we expect companies to adhere to FOMO. I'm not going to act up because I miss a good deal in a shop either. Yes, I'm okay with seasonal planning, so what? If you bothered even READING MY COMMENT, then you would see that I am not talking about limited events, but the same damn 10 items once a damn year! READ DAMN IT! If you have FOMO problems, SEEK HELP. It is literally said in my signature if you bothered to read that far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It is tragic that an entire generation of gamers have grown up having accepted cash shops and microtransactions as the norm.
    If it wasn't one way, it was another. Pay more right upfront = more stuff than the average player. Pay less upfront but some overtime = more stuff than the average player. The problem was even there before cash shops, just in bulks instead.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    god please no, can you imagine opening of the floodgates of toxicity that would come without sub? jeez... all the forum morons and trolls that are here are nice "taste" of how it would look in any f2p model
    WoW already has a F2P layer in the game. Up to level 10 the game is free to play and it doesn't result in any extra toxicity.

With a bit more effort and imagination a F2P layer can greatly enhance the experience of subscribers and new players. Like the F2P version of the game could be limited to unique races and classes and quests. Daily tasks that require the player to travel around the world and interact with other players to liven up the place. F2P players can be allies or adversaries to regular players. They can help out in instances, world quests or pvp while still being sufficiently relegated to their own progression tract that they won't interfere too much with the full experience. In fact this F2P layer should be of sufficient quality that subscribing players will want to participate in it as well, with some bonus resource that can help them on their mains.

And finally, if the F2P player puts in enough effort (like an eye-watering amount of effort) they can save up enough that they can buy in-game time using a currency so they can have a taste of the full experience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It is tragic that an entire generation of gamers have grown up having accepted cash shops and microtransactions as the norm.
    One of the rare times I'll agree with you. What is it with modern g*mers..

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    xmog is in the game store and have previously been in the store...
    Is it tho? Luckily, what we´ve got there was barely worth using. You almost don´t see anyone wearing those crowns, for example.

Hmm, come think of it, i dislike temporary stuff even less than i like store stuff.
    How about we just ditch all the non-available mogs, mounts, etcetera in the store and be done with it? No additional development time required, additional money for Blizzy, less waste of work.
    I still want that goddamned first gladiator netherdrake i missed out on back in the day. xD
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Why would you want it in the store and not obtainable by ... you know (*unpopular opinion*) ... PLAYING THE DAMN GAME that you already pay a sub and purchase the expansion for.
    I mean the game is full of mounts or transmog that you pay a bunch of gold for,even gold cap,does it really matter that much if your spending that gold on the store? your argument would work if the token didnt exist,and it was all just for $

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, people still looking at bnet store as a purely cash store is just dumb.

I'm not a big transmog seller (I mostly do raw materials and some specific items that are on demand at that time) but I've sold some pieces over the years and know people that sell a lot of it, and there's people that spend millions on transmog or mounts for example. How is that any different from taking those millions, buying tokens, exchange those tokens for bnet balance and buying whatever you want from the store?

This right here is the big difference you have in WoW that other games usually don't have and people still don't understand this.
    You can have everything on the store and spend 0 real money. Is it more efficient? Well it depends where you're from etc but usually no. Is that the point? No... the point is, for people that complain about having to spend money or that are against spending money for extra stuff in a game, you don't actually have to do it in this game.

I have spent a total of zero euro on anything blizzard related since the token exists. I buy every expansion on the highest tier so i get all pets mounts etc, have every item (mounts, transmog, pets, toys) that is and was (they rotate some items in case you don't know) on the store, I bought every other blizzard game on the store (and never even played any of them apart from D3), and all of that with gold.

Right now as my sub ends and I'm taking a break from the game, I'm just finishing preparing (making gold) for the next big spends, the new expansion, new mounts and pets that might come out, diablo 4 eventually.

They can put tmogs on store, i'm not going to buy them so its good for the ppl who is willing to buy them

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    One of the rare times I'll agree with you. What is it with modern g*mers..
    Gamers perception ability doesn't go up in levels as fast as multi-billion dollar research for manipulating people sadly, just look at how many people have been manipulated here into thinking that the existence of the store at all is ok in a game with a base cost/expansion cost and a sub, its completely illogical, hell even without the store the game would probably be too expensive for what it offers(which is not content worth AAA price over 4 months of subs).

I personally don't have an issue with the model they run, but I do have an issue with the people that run it.

If these were solely going to be unique, one-off designs that were somehow also obtainable through gameplay, and the funds would be directly funnelled back into development, I'd have no problem.

But that's not the case. I imagine if this was to go ahead and more were available soon only the best looking item sets would be purchasable, not earnable.

Then combine that with the fact this store has probably earned them a fortune, has that been reflected in the quality of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by ResentfulUK View Post
    Then combine that with the fact this store has probably earned them a fortune, has that been reflected in the quality of the game?
    i mean the store exist since wrath, so what exactly would be reference point, burning crusade?

but i think yes, it was reflected in the game, lets ignore SL (it was cut short for other reasons, not for the lack of funds, but if we got one more patch with reasonable pacing i wouldnt have issues with it), think about BFA, 8.2 was biggest patch ever, 8.3 had a lot of content, we obviously have far more endgame content than in lets say wrath, graphics and other technical aspects got better over years too, for the SAME SUB PRICE (which now includes classic and tbc and soon wrath classic), despite everything getting up in price...

so yes, not all, but definitely some of the shop money went back into the game... and ofc not all, blizzard is a BUSINES, which have to have profit...

you might argue people didnt like BFA (and now SL), and to extent you are ofc correct, but! more money doesnt mean content will be well received, just that there will be content, "quality" (as people see it, so not really quality ) is subjective and completely different issue...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-06-20 at 11:57 AM.