Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Did alliance population increase since faction merge ?

As the title says,is there a way to see H/A ratio ? overall

The overall ratio wasn't the problem, highend raiding/m+ being one sided was.

There are a lot of new chars in my realms Alliance M+ rating, still Horde outnumbers high key Alliance by at least 20:1

7+ Year Old Account
    Don't think so. First of all it is still not a full faction merge, secondly this feature was never really meant to increase Alliance population. It was meant to make Alliance PvE experience much better. Maybe balance will shift when we get a full merge in the future.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Why would this increase numbers of the alliance? If anything, numbers decrease, because players are no longer forced to stay with the bad faction, just because they want to be able to play with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Why would this increase numbers of the alliance? If anything, numbers decrease, because players are no longer forced to stay with the bad faction, just because they want to be able to play with friends.
    Absolutely but the other way around.
    I'd bet money that on the PvE high end more players went alliance due to having more aesthetically appealing races.

Well im a horde player since tbc to this day,but if i liked alliance more and was forced to play horde just to do endgame stuff and get this cross faction stuff id go back to alliance for sure,by that i mean,there should be more people who came back to alliance.As a horde id be happy to see more alliance for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Population probably not, active characters yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    Well im a horde player since tbc to this day,but if i liked alliance more and was forced to play horde just to do endgame stuff and get this cross faction stuff id go back to alliance for sure,by that i mean,there should be more people who came back to alliance.As a horde id be happy to see more alliance for sure
    The part of the population for whom faction balance actually matters is only about 10% of everyone. Even if these 10% who were until now dominantely Horde switched over to Alliance overall population ratio might budge a little but probably not enough to really be palpable.

Point is no one actually needs or wants to reroll alliance. At least until guilds are becoming cross faction.

The goal of cross faction was just to make so Alliance didn't die - now i can find a lot more raid/m+ groups so i don't need to reroll.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is anecdotal, but my Alliance WM bonus has decreased from 20% to 15% since the patch, so I'm assuming there has at least been at least somewhat of a shift on certain realms. But like others have said, I don't expect major changes until cross-faction guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    There were few people who joined our guild after rerolling from the Horde. These migrations will happen both ways, but I still expect more people will go Horde -> Alliance eventually... But nothing serious now. Maybe with DF launch, there will be more migrations.

What created the imbalance was raiding, not Mythic + nor PVP, however, Blizzard added a feature that only solves the problem for Mythic + and PVP, which doesn't make any sense... So, unless they make cross-faction guilds don't expect to see a considerable change anytime soon.

I'm extremely upset by how Blizzard seems to be avoiding talking about cross-faction guilds because I want to go back to Alliance ASAP. However, without cross-faction guilds, I'm still stuck on the Horde, and I feel like the lack of cross-faction guilds is intentional.

I can see a scenario where everything on the game, but guilds, will be cross-faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    I can see a scenario where everything on the game, but guilds, will be cross-faction.
    That would just be a bad idea in their side. Guilds are the core of the pve progression - while you can pug consistently M+ to a decent level/gear cap, Mythic raids are another beast and you need an organized group. No xfaction guilds only means more people will go Horde or quit until no guilds are on Alliance.

For the casual pug player current solution is already enough though. They can easily find groups and it's all what's needed.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    About 60% of the people I play with went alliance on at least 1 character.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, why would it?
    Want actual official number? in premade servers (for tournaments like mythic dungeon run or arena) it is pure alliance since WoD, because that's how broken alliance racials are in both pvp and pve dungeon setting
    The only reason we don't see that on live servers is because no one wants to dump years of playtime and investment in ur toon for a racial since at least u can still rule pvp (with how far easier it is to gear as horde with best trinkets, yes even now best 'pvp' gear need best pve raids) and pve (no explanation needed)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

If Blizzard want to increase alliamce Population the should give us free faction changes, from H to A.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Point is no one actually needs or wants to reroll alliance. At least until guilds are becoming cross faction.

The goal of cross faction was just to make so Alliance didn't die - now i can find a lot more raid/m+ groups so i don't need to reroll.
    Horde since TBC. Went alliance to play dwarf in M+ this patch so I an play something that doesn't have a tail. Loving it. No guild, no social stuff. Just being able to be a dwarf and play high keys in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Want actual official number? in premade servers (for tournaments like mythic dungeon run or arena) it is pure alliance since WoD, because that's how broken alliance racials are in both pvp and pve dungeon setting
    Wasn't the goblin racial pretty much mandatory for mythic raid at some point? I think I may have heard people saying that this was the start of horde/alliance population imbalance, most high end raiding guilds switched to horde for the goblin racial on low mobility classes like priest/dk (could be wrong about that), and it just started snowballing from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    If Blizzard want to increase alliamce Population the should give us free faction changes, from H to A.
    I think the long-term goal with cross-faction is, that there's no need for the populations to be balanced. We still need cross-faction for matchmaking and guilds before that happens though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    The only reason we don't see that on live servers is because no one wants to dump years of playtime and investment in ur toon for a racial since at least u can still rule pvp (with how far easier it is to gear as horde with best trinkets, yes even now best 'pvp' gear need best pve raids) and pve (no explanation needed)
    You do realize you can just.. Transfer your character?
    Hell, in 9.0 and 9.1 that's what top m+ groups did on bursting week, they all went alliance for Dwarf racial, then went back horde for next week so they could keep playing / raiding with their guild

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Wasn't the goblin racial pretty much mandatory for mythic raid at some point? I think I may have heard people saying that this was the start of horde/alliance population imbalance, most high end raiding guilds switched to horde for the goblin racial on low mobility classes like priest/dk (could be wrong about that), and it just started snowballing from there.
    Some classes needed it for 1 boss in Legion. And DK wasn't one of those classes.
    You needed a displacement ability to avoid a knockback, or you could just immune it, like DKs can with Deaths Advance, or paladins with bubble.
    But during Legion, it had already started to favour horde, hell it started heavily tilting towards horde back in MoP when trolls had +10% damage to beasts, and there was a raid that was half beasts

But the title is wrong as there has not been a faction merge.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.