Page 66 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    There is no victory, either. That guy has not once admitted, on any topic, that he might be wrong. Usually it just ends in "lol you're doing mental gymnastics" and they stop replying.

It's more about putting on a demonstration of how to dispel bad arguments and bad ways of arguing; for the benefit of everyone else, not to convince an incorrigible narcissist. That'd be futile from the start.
    And you delivered. That's a shining example of a bad argument and bad way of arguing.
    The first to sling a turd...
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Blimey, this bonkers argument is still going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Guys, come on.

Even I can come up with a reasonable plausible explanation of why Reva survived that even I can agree with

The problem is - I don't see it in the show.
    And no one of you have come up with it.

She might be a cyborg. After that first stab at the temple. They found her alive fueld by rage, fixed her with cybernetics and a bacta tank - and bam - Vader stabbed her into cybernetics and she is still kicking because well, it's all cyber there.
    Funny thing.

You've just admitted that she could have survived the first stab wound... and thus you've admitted right there that humans can survive getting stabbed through the torso with a Lightsaber. She wouldn't need cybernetics to survive the second stab...because she didn't need them to survive the first.

Well done.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    So either sabers are so hot that they literally cook the insides of people they pierce or not.

If your argument is that Reva should have died from the heat alone, then that would apply to ALL blows from a saber. Limb shots, core shots, doesn't matter. Luke should have died on Bespin from internal damage before anyone reach him.

So maybe we can stop trying to apply scientific rigor to the SW universe that has never been there?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    So either sabers are so hot that they literally cook the insides of people they pierce or not.

If your argument is that Reva should have died from the heat alone, then that would apply to ALL blows from a saber. Limb shots, core shots, doesn't matter. Luke should have died on Bespin from internal damage before anyone reach him.

So maybe we can stop trying to apply scientific rigor to the SW universe that has never been there?
    Well no, that doesn't exactly add up.

If we go with the "lightsabers emit heat" thing (which as we know isn't always true, but lets just say it is here) then Luke getting his hand cut off just means that the stump is cauterized. There can be more damage to the wrist tissue, but that's never going to be fatal. It's just more ruined arm stump.

But a large hole through and through your torso is bad enough without the surrounding vital tissue also being scorched. Especially if it's held there for some time. You're not just quickly burning a stump of an arm, you're cooking a wide area of their innards.

Not that it matters, Sith end up with weird respirators and life support all the time. But those two wounds are definitely different.

I have caught up on the Obi-wan. Some thoughts:
    1 - Don't fuck with Darth Vader.
    2 - Even at age of 10, Leia will verbally tear you to shreds.
    3 - Don't fuck with Darth Vader.
    4 - I like the nasty Sith Lady even if she didn't follow rules #1 and 3. Also rule #2.
    5 - Don't fuck with Darth Vader.
    6 - Some characters have alot of plot armour because this is a prequel. Sigh.
    7 - Ewan McGregor is doing a much better acting job than he did in the prequel trilogy. Still not as a good as an acting job as he did in Fargo Season 3.
    8 - Long winded Bacta discussions are boring and stupid. Anyone who survived a light sabre stabbing in this show is because somebody wanted them to.
    Last edited by Ivanstone; 2022-06-20 at 04:18 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Reva wanted grand.inq to survive? Cool story, bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Well, I wanted him to survive, so there's that. And writers wanted Reva to survive so there's that too. It all makes sense now. We just have to accept that whatever writers write is right.
    Only haters criticize.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Well, I wanted him to survive, so there's that. And writers wanted Reva to survive so there's that too. It all makes sense now. We just have to accept that whatever writers write is right.
    Only haters criticize.
    No, but actual critics have a point when they criticize. You don't.

We just have to accept that whatever writers write is right.
    When you're arguing about things that objectively happened on screen, yes...the writers are right. Can Superman lift a kryptonite island into space, when he has been shown to be debilitated by tiny rocks of the stuff? Yes. Can Tony Stark survive being knocked out of flight by a tank shell, when physics dictates that he should be turned to jelly inside his armor? Yes. Can people survive being impaled (and cut in half) by lightsabers, even though such a thing is usually depicted as fatal? Yes. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wonder when is Disney going to announce the Reva spin-off show, I mean that was the point of this right..

Doubt the last episode can fix the show so I'm glad when it's over wednesday.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    When you're arguing about things that objectively happened on screen, yes...the writers are right.
    I rest my case.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Good. Go post about another show you don’t understand.
    Do you really want him to do that?
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I rest my case.
    You don't have a case. You have a hissy fit of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Inquisitor let himself be wounded, probably at Vader’s behest. What didn’t make sense is that she was able to even touch him at all. She was persistently shown to be a weaker force user than any other Sith. Either her hatred and rage makes her stronger or it didn’t. Turns out it didn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Literally all of Star Wars has had massive plot holes and issues.
    The funny thing is that I suspect you defended those plot holes as well. Keeping in mind, most of the plot holes are due to Lucas changing his mind as he was going along, not caring about prior continuity, while most of us complained at the time these plot holes were created, about the problems it created for the plot.

I mean, do you enjoy plot holes in your stories? As hard as you defend and excuse them, it seems like you think they are a good thing.

We're basically saying, I don't like 'x', because plot hole, and you are like, "these plot holes are OK because precedence".

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    The funny thing is that I suspect you defended those plot holes as well. Keeping in mind, most of the plot holes are due to Lucas changing his mind as he was going along, not caring about prior continuity, while most of us complained at the time these plot holes were created, about the problems it created for the plot.

I mean, do you enjoy plot holes in your stories? As hard as you defend and excuse them, it seems like you think they are a good thing.

We're basically saying, I don't like 'x', because plot hole, and you are like, "these plot holes are OK because precedence".
    Rather you enjoy them or not you kinda have to accept that starwars is fundamentally built on them going all the way back to the OT and that’s unlikely to ever change.

if plot hours are a huge issue to some one starwars hasn't ever been the franchise for them.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post

There's a difference between "accepting and not taxing my brain overthinking about" and "defending".

They're amusing idiosyncracies. It's Fridge Logic, a term basically coined by Hitchcock (he used the term "icebox", but it's the same thing).

And I'll point back to one of my earlier points; if these kinds of things ruin Star Wars for you, you're telling me you don't like Star Wars, because it's all always been ruined for you. Which, again, no judgement, but plenty of people do enjoy it despite this stuff. We get caught up in the narrative and don't let it bother us later that week where we're digging through the fridge and think "hey, wait a minute . . ."

I've definitely complained about things in Star Wars. It's weird that it's so consistently and casually and intentionally pro-slavery, for instance. But those complaints are more about core themes I have an issue with, not inconsistencies between two different films, or something. I also don't seek out inconsistencies; if there's a charitable interpretation that could justify the portrayal, I presume that's the interpretation I'm expected to go by. This goes even if Character A says "X is true" and Character B says "X is false and you'd have to be dumb to think it's true". That's not a "plot hole". The charitable interpretation is that one (or more) character is lying or wrong (or both!), within the context of the narrative itself. Because characters aren't omniscient and infallible, generally.

But here, with Kenobi, we're not really dealing with plot holes. Why did Bail Organa leave an incriminating message? Because he's kind of a nonce. Why did Leia in ANH not talk about knowing Kenobi? Maybe she's being cagey. Sure, she mentions Bail again, but if she's smart, Bail Organa's Rebel affiliations may be well-known (explaining why they obliterate Alderaan, since it's a WEE bit of an overreaction if it was seriously all about Leia), and dropping the intel she knows isn't a secret as a cover for the real secret she's not talking about (that she knows Kenobi personally) is justifiable. Especially when she knows she's about to be grabbed by Vader himself, who she'll know has a hate on for Vader after the events in the show. There's the "charitable interpretation". No need to consider it a "plot hole" or "inconsistency". Were the writers thinking this precisely? Maybe not, but I don't care. I'm not trying to tear it down, and if I can think of one possible explanation, there may be more.

Or, in short, watch less Cinema Sins. Watch more Cinema Wins.

This show just feels tired. Inventing story when none was needed. Where is season 3 of "This is the way!"

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond View Post
    This show just feels tired. Inventing story when none was needed. Where is season 3 of "This is the way!"
    book of boba fett is kinda....season 3 of mandalorian,i mean....if a season 3 of mando does come out,you will be left a bit confused if you didnt see boba fett