Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hate every single one of your suggestions, and a few of them would probably cause me to quit. Just one data point, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Quality of life changes are a common topic, making things more accessible at the cost of rpg immersion.

What changes could be made AGAINST convenience, that would improve immersion?

- Locking each character to one specialization, but allowing them to spec into a subpar but viable-for-dungeons Damage role regardless of spec.

- Changing glyphs and talents only by talking to Class Trainers.

- Tailors, Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers crafting items that you consume in order to transmog gear, instead of talking to an ethereal.

- But take items to an ethereal Void Storage in order to unlock them for transmog

- A battle pet stable master, and 3-slot pet carrier bag instead of a collection accessible everywhere

- Alchemists craft a recustomization potion, instead of barbers changing your face, skin color, and gender

- Druid Forms selected at a Druid Trainer instead of barber

- Battlemaster npcs to join battlegrounds

- A new kind of meeting stone in all cities to queue for dungeons and raids

- Mounts are called by a whistle, and arrive after like ten seconds.

Etc...
    TerriBAD suggestions.
    "What are we if not slaves to this torment?"

The only one on this list that I sort of miss was having to actually go to the BG to queue for it. There used to be good PvP while waiting for queues to pop.

But different time and different game at this point.

As this thread shows, it is a bad idea to take qol away from a game.

World building rules like "talents can be learned at a trainer" work well when you are introduced to the game. They can give you the feeling that the world is a real place with logical rules and restrictions.

But if your players are already playing in a world without trainers and then you make a new rule that forces everyone to run to a trainer instead of getting skills instantly, you both break the Immersion of the world (rule change without an inuniverse reason) AND inconvenience your players. It's just lose loose for everyone.

If you introduced too much Qol to your game the only way out is to make a new game and be more careful with the rules you are breaking to give players more convenience this time.
    Last edited by owbu; 2022-06-20 at 03:22 PM.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

- Pet trainers must carry their pets in pocket spheres, but every time they enter pet combat, a man and woman pair with a feline pet attacks you and has a chance to steal your pets, never to be seen again, especially rares like Unborn Val'kyr. They especially want to steal that, or whatever is more rare and took you more time to catch.

-
    And they are called Jesae and Jhay'mez.

The only thing I could think of was to have players learn new class spells at their class trainers. That was one thing they should have kept. It's not a huge inconvenience, it'd be a one-time ordeal per spell. It would provide a purpose to all those derelict class trainers, and could provide an opportunity for them to do something- e.g. offer the player a tutorial on that spell, or queue them to the MoP role trial (can you still do that?), something to encourage them to have a minimum of competence at their class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzeth View Post
    Anyone who's against QoL changes is probably a sociopath to be completely honest.

Either that or they literally don't understand what QoL actually means, and entails.
    I compare multi-spec to multi-class and multi-race. Just make a character, man. I understand needing to fill a damage role, but there should never be a need to expect anyone to just drop into a tank or healing role while playing a damage character. Rogues and hunters and mages and warlocks do just fine without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    The biggest issue with WoW is the Token, they need to start with removing it, which is going to happen regardless of how many people bitch and moan about it. Hopefull the people who play retail just for the monetary aspect don't cry too much.

It is only a matter of time before bnet merges into gamepass and then they are retiring them.
    there is no way the token is getting retired,i dont even think it would be legal for a company to do something that would result in them losing 90%+ of their income LOL

plus it would suck for players who actualy pay their sub with gold

i guess maybe add some restrictions to it

A QoL is literally a quality improvement. To take anything away is doing nothing but making something worse. Less/no quality.
    How could anyone think that taking something away that is truly a QoL improvement is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    If you introduced too much Qol to your game the only way out is to make a new game and be more careful with the rules you are breaking to give players more convenience this time.
    Well said. Just as with flying, you can't unbreak an egg.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    A QoL is literally a quality improvement. To take anything away is doing nothing but making something worse. Less/no quality.
    How could anyone think that taking something away that is truly a QoL improvement is a good idea.
    I mean, it depends on what it is tbh. The cast @target macros for spells that use the reticule was a really good QoL feature for many players, but was broken in pvp and gave an unfair advantage to people in the know and dropped the skill cap for the game. Same could be said of the max camera distance macro.

If we look at Dragonflight coming up, it seems that the QoL of having no-clip flying is going away to some degree to make flying more interesting and interactive.

In the case of OP, giving crafters something new to make to enable transmog or barber features would be getting rid of a QoL feature, but the tradeoff is a stimulus to the game economy making crafting more useful. Some of the other features they listed only make the game more of a pain in the ass for "immersion" which is really just slang for RP. I only have a limited amount of caring for RP, being much more of a numbers guy. I mean, I played mage for a long time just for teleportation. It doesn't matter as much anymore but I can still get around a lot faster on a mage and I sometimes miss it now that I primarily play monk.

TLDR: Blizzard hates fun, this should be no surprise to anyone who has played for a significant amount of time. I don't think they hate fun enough to make almost any of the changes OP listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you want to reduce the quality of life...

This sounds less like a gameplay stance, and more like a political or philosophical one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The only anti-qol change I'd be making would be making sure casuals (by the terms of this forum [mostly solo, zero endgame-engaged, open world only players]) get no way to increase their ilvl beyond LFR quality as well as making sure they won't complain about that.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    there is no way the token is getting retired,i dont even think it would be legal for a company to do something that would result in them losing 90%+ of their income LOL

plus it would suck for players who actualy pay their sub with gold

i guess maybe add some restrictions to it
    Anyone who has tokens when the change happens will still be able to use them for game time and will be given a time window to convert them and use the currency. One should never expect things to remain the same forever.

I love bad ideas! Here are mine --

• All changes to WoW must be presented to the community first, at which point we vote on them. Unless the change is met with 75% approval, it is not implemented.
    • Similar to the social contract of 9.2.5, all WoW players are forced to accept a 600-word legal document which outlines in clear, concise terms that Blizzard is a company motivated by profit and profit alone and that means things like the WoW token will never, ever, ever (like really ever) go away.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-06-20 at 07:16 PM.

Quality of life changes are a common topic, making things more accessible at the cost of rpg immersion.

What changes could be made AGAINST convenience, that would improve immersion?

- Locking each character to one specialization, but allowing them to spec into a subpar but viable-for-dungeons Damage role regardless of spec.
    Hard no. That type of gameplay was acceptable 20 years ago, but not now. It's way too hard to maintain multiple characters given the amount of borrowed powers we have to farm right now.

- Changing glyphs and talents only by talking to Class Trainers.
    I mean, yes. I could see that. I honestly miss visiting my warlock trainer in SW.

- Tailors, Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers crafting items that you consume in order to transmog gear, instead of talking to an ethereal.
    I don't see the point in that. Doesn't make anything more immersive.

- But take items to an ethereal Void Storage in order to unlock them for transmog
    That's just the current system but strictly worse. But I guess, if the storage was infinite, why not?

- A battle pet stable master, and 3-slot pet carrier bag instead of a collection accessible everywhere
    Okay, but then hunters should only be able to have their active pets and you should not be able to summon you mount at will, but must visit it where you last mounted off. I think in this case gamplay>>>>immersion.

- Alchemists craft a recustomization potion, instead of barbers changing your face, skin color, and gender
    I could see that, although I like the barber more that running to the AH and just using a potion.

- Druid Forms selected at a Druid Trainer instead of barber
    makes sense

- Battlemaster npcs to join battlegrounds
    That has little to do with immersion.

- A new kind of meeting stone in all cities to queue for dungeons and raids
    Other than leading to lag... why? It's not like people would actually socialize there.

- Mounts are called by a whistle, and arrive after like ten seconds.
    see comment on battle pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    In the case of multi-spec, I disagree. If you were able to change your race and class mid dungeon, people would do it, and call it a quality of life improvement, but it would drfinitely diminish how immersed and invested you are in what that character is.

If you make a shadowpriest, you shouldnt be able to snap your fingers and devote yourself to the Light, for example. If you can cast both, why respec at all; why not just have all of the spells available at once? Why not be able to swap racea when you feel like the racial abilities would be more useful in PVP vs M+? Because it breaks character.

5+ Year Old Account
    if your character running without mount for 30 seconds, you getting boost to speed about 70%, but if you stop after gaining such momentum you have 50% to break knees and be stunned for 4 seconds.

Give back weapon mastery points, all classes can use any weapons that they want, but ofc you would need to earn these points by slow and painful use of these weapons while they MISS+MISS their target.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-06-20 at 10:46 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

If you make a shadowpriest, you shouldnt be able to snap your fingers and devote yourself to the Light, for example. If you can cast both, why respec at all; why not just have all of the spells available at once? Why not be able to swap racea when you feel like the racial abilities would be more useful in PVP vs M+? Because it breaks character.

It's already in lore that priests absolutely can do that... Archbishop Benedictus was absolutely a full holy priest that changed to shadow mid battle it's also in lore that "the light" and "the void" don't respond to what's good or holy only to your devotion so..about that

In the case of multi-spec, I disagree. If you were able to change your race and class mid dungeon, people would do it, and call it a quality of life improvement, but it would drfinitely diminish how immersed and invested you are in what that character is.

Lore/immersion/roleplay stuff should never, NEVER stand in the way of gameplay, you can add immersion and rpg elements without fucking over players and adding mid to long-term friction.