Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    And that shit would pull russians anger towards the west, giving them a justified casus belli to attack Europe and the west.
    What justified cause would that be? About the same as the one for Ukraine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    What justified cause would that be? About the same as the one for Ukraine?
    Yea...we're all Nazis or some shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh dear, as if one ill-informed shit-stirrer wasn't enough, now we have to contend with Dribbles in this thread too?

Also this news somehow getting leaked 24 hours after Bojo was all "Hey media you're getting Ukraine fatigue, it'll hurt my numbers in the polls" is suspect at least.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    No one is talking about a nuclear exchange with Russia or a war for that matter.

But yes a British special military operation, perhaps in coalition with other nations of the willing, to surgically remove Russia from Ukraine is the most likely outcome and would be quite easy. What else is the end game?

Those headlines I posted from across the UK media spectrum would not have been seen just a month ago. It is telling, to prepare the UK public, that they are being broadcast/printed on an almost daily basis now.
    I wouldn't read too much into it at this point, militaries the world over prepare for situations and scenarios that they hope never come to pass (Russia excluded obviously as their preparation didn't even include telling their troops they were going to fight a war!).

They may come a time when we have to deploy our forces to help Ukraine but I feel that is some time off and it will most likely be led the Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into it at this point
    I read it into it every hour, literally every day from the moment I open my eyes from sleeping. I feel most people should take it just as seriously.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

people that remain indifferent to the Ukraine crisis or are apathetic: Zelensky himself has said multiple times that mindset is what hypothetically leads to something like you sitting on your couch enjoying a beer and then one day, out of nowhere, your house got destroyed by a missile and the foreign legions you ignored are now invading *you*. That's why Americans have volunteered for the fight in Ukraine.

That's why it's important to consider this conflict even if you're out of sight and mind. Putin has already laid out his conquests past Ukraine if he wins as well.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    people that remain indifferent to the Ukraine crisis or are apathetic: Zelensky himself has said multiple times that mindset is what hypothetically leads to something like you sitting on your couch enjoying a beer and then one day, out of nowhere, your house got destroyed by a missile and the foreign legions you ignored are now invading *you*. That's why Americans have volunteered for the fight in Ukraine.

That's why it's important to consider this conflict even if you're out of sight and mind. Putin has already laid out his conquests past Ukraine if he wins as well.
    Thing is that Putin pretty much trow trash (and not real army) into Ukraine to deal damage. However, since this trash army failed epic, he cant use the reserves as they need to protect citys like police officers for example to shut down any mob.
    Other thing is, he doesnt have the troops to hold the land, so he is trying for a landgrab and peace after (gas area to the north-east in Ukraine).

Original plan was to rush city, take out president (or wait for him to flee) and takeover country with no resistance. But since he was a dumb dumb and he took over crimera 8 years ago, this gave time ukraine army to prepare for invasion.
    If he rushed them at that time, the country would be gone.

Poland is also giving Ukraine as much support as possible, as this weakens russa military forces. Its quite possible we will see other hostile countrys like Japan or China go in offense.

If you compare numbers of units lost due to previous wars by russa, the numbers are much higher for the time spend.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

I read it into it every hour, literally every day from the moment I open my eyes from sleeping. I feel most people should take it just as seriously.
    You have completely missed the point I was making. By read into it I mean that people should be wary of jumping to conclusions.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into it at this point, militaries the world over prepare for situations and scenarios that they hope never come to pass (Russia excluded obviously as their preparation didn't even include telling their troops they were going to fight a war!).

They may come a time when we have to deploy our forces to help Ukraine but I feel that is some time off and it will most likely be led the Americans.
    Sure I agree mostly, we are a long way from war with Russia and it really depends on what happens this winter. Are Europeans freezing to death through lack of energy supplies, millions starving to death across the world through lack of Ukrainian wheat and suchlike.

It wouldn't take many headlines like those to sway the British public in supporting a UK, with or without NATO, special military operation.

Also any special military operation by the west will take time to prepare, it took the Russians 12 months to get assets in place for theirs into Ukraine and so I would bet our preparations are now under way and we will be well ready by next spring for ours.

Things of course could change rapidly if Putin does anything silly in the meantime against NATO, which is also a possibility.

Is Lithuania on the verge of dragging NATO into Ukraine war?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ned-goods.html

Either way Russia has lost this, how badly is yet to be decided by the west, it really is out of Putin's hands now.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

"The famine will start now and they will lift the sanctions and be friends with us, because they will realize that it's impossible not to be friends with us,"

https://twitter.com/berlin_bridge/st...17133349961728

Yeah, no, I think it is quite easy not be friends with a nation that carries out genocide on its neighbours.

10+ Year Old Account
    But yes a British special military operation, perhaps in coalition with other nations of the willing, to surgically remove Russia from Ukraine is the most likely outcome and would be quite easy.
    The unlikely outcome. West currently is in a great position where it can just sit back, send some stuff and let Russia slowly choke on it for years to come.

The last thing West needs to do is a "special operation" of its own. West doing what's it doing not because they are protectors of justice and happiness in the world, but because it perfectly aligns with their geopolitical goals.

The situation could not realistically be better than this for the West. Why go ahead and do literally same fuckup Russia just did by putting boots on the ground? To protect Ukraine?

I'll spoil it for you - nobody really gives a damn about Ukraine. Ukraine is like 80s Afghanistan - a bone tossed at the Russian bulldog to choke on and it will act out completely the same too - eventually the weapons, the fighting and guerillas will do the job and Russia will be forced to get the fuck away in a matter of few years and then probably collapse again into state not unsimilar to the wild 90s.

It will be literally one to one Soviet Afghanistan campaign. Putin will kick the bucket like Brezhnev and Andropov then whoever came after would look at this shit and realize that it's time to cut the bullshit and put a smiley face like Gorbachev and try to pull a reeling country out of a rabbit hole it got into.

This shit is literally History 101 - a complete repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Sure I agree mostly, we are a long way from war with Russia and it really depends on what happens this winter. Are Europeans freezing to death through lack of energy supplies, millions starving to death across the world through lack of Ukrainian wheat and suchlike.

It wouldn't take many headlines like those to sway the British public in supporting a UK, with or without NATO, special military operation.

Also any special military operation by the west will take time to prepare, it took the Russians 12 months to get assets in place for theirs into Ukraine and so I would bet our preparations are now under way and we will be well ready by next spring for ours.

Things of course could change rapidly if Putin does anything silly in the meantime against NATO, which is also a possibility.

Is Lithuania on the verge of dragging NATO into Ukraine war?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ned-goods.html

Either way Russia has lost this, how badly is yet to be decided by the west, it really is out of Putin's hands now.
    I don't think Europeans will freeze to death, I can't see Putin cutting himself from all the European money and whilst they talk a good game I can't see certain nations weaning themselves off of the Russian gas.

My main take is that Putin doing something silly against NATO is exactly why we should be prepared for a land war in Europe, hopefully we'll never need to put that preparation to the test.

Agreed on your last point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Europeans won't freeze to death and won't starve.

They will reopen some of them coal power plants if they need to to get over this winter. It will be a challenge, but realistically this is a problem that will be solved by money and cutting the bullshit for a year or two.

Same goes for grain and what not - they will simply buy whatever is out there for jacked up prices and deal with it. If they'd need to help out the weaker EU members with $$ - they will.

Those who will get fucked are African and weaker ME states like Lebanon, because EU will simply outbid them on the supply and then toss some pittance their way for a show. Just like during the height of C19.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    People like you who are giddily hoping for WW3 need help.
    They won't get it. They figure it won't be needed once the NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKS fly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    He’s previously said it would improve his life. I honestly have no clue how the mods let him stick around at this point.
    I asked over in the Suggestion Forum. Apparently, whatever they say, they are only getting 5 points, so no user who says "jerkoff" gets permabanned. Sorry, @Endus, not like your explanation was bad, but the underlying policy makes no sense considering whom we lost over the years and who we have elected to keep around.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Thing is that Putin pretty much trow trash (and not real army) into Ukraine to deal damage. However, since this trash army failed epic, he cant use the reserves as they need to protect citys like police officers for example to shut down any mob.
    Other thing is, he doesnt have the troops to hold the land, so he is trying for a landgrab and peace after (gas area to the north-east in Ukraine).

Original plan was to rush city, take out president (or wait for him to flee) and takeover country with no resistance. But since he was a dumb dumb and he took over crimera 8 years ago, this gave time ukraine army to prepare for invasion.
    If he rushed them at that time, the country would be gone.

Poland is also giving Ukraine as much support as possible, as this weakens russa military forces. Its quite possible we will see other hostile countrys like Japan or China go in offense.

If you compare numbers of units lost due to previous wars by russa, the numbers are much higher for the time spend.
    besides the fact he's murdered millions in his life time by proxy and directly, isn't it morally beyond the pale to treat human lives like cannon fodder as he has? He's so far beyond what could be qualified as human. The fact people are only concerned with logistics and gains makes me further realize the world just doesn't care about what's morally decent.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-06-20 at 06:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I asked over in the Suggestion Forum. Apparently, whatever they say, they are only getting 5 points, so no user who says "jerkoff" gets permabanned. Sorry, @Endus, not like your explanation was bad, but the underlying policy makes no sense considering whom we lost over the years and who we have elected to keep around.
    But they have so many 5 points infractions. Most of them won't be expired when a temporary ban ends. So every new 5 point infraction will trigger another ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Tweek role-playing
    No, you're wrong again. This all effort you'll get from me. You're tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The unlikely outcome. West currently is in a great position where it can just sit back, send some stuff and let Russia slowly choke on it for years to come.

The last thing West needs to do is a "special operation" of its own. West doing what's it doing not because they are protectors of justice and happiness in the world, but because it perfectly aligns with their geopolitical goals.

The situation could not realistically be better than this for the West. Why go ahead and do literally same fuckup Russia just did by putting boots on the ground? To protect Ukraine?

I'll spoil it for you - nobody really gives a damn about Ukraine. Ukraine is like 80s Afghanistan - a bone tossed at the Russian bulldog to choke on and it will act out completely the same too - eventually the weapons, the fighting and guerillas will do the job and Russia will be forced to get the fuck away in a matter of few years and then probably collapse again into state not unsimilar to the wild 90s.

It will be literally one to one Soviet Afghanistan campaign. Putin will kick the bucket like Brezhnev and Andropov then whoever came after would look at this shit and realize that it's time to cut the bullshit and put a smiley face like Gorbachev and try to pull a reeling country out of a rabbit hole it got into.

This shit is literally History 101 - a complete repeat.
    Wholeheartedly agree. It's just a sit back, throw money at it and watch the shitshow Russia is going through.

This is the equilivant of the Soviets "winning" the cold war, and now the US invaded the UK and the USSR is giving weapons to the brits, to watch the US burn itself out. I'd much rather see the Russians take this fight to Ukraine than Sweden or Finland, simply because performing a genocide on their "brothers", will only help with the complete ruin of Russia.

Also gas is preserved for citizens, companies are stocking oil as an alternative for gas.

Mon, June 20, 2022:
    June 20 (Reuters) - Russia on Monday demanded that Lithuania immediately lift a ban on the transit of some goods to the Russian exclave of Kaliningrad.

The Russian foreign ministry told the Lithuanian envoy in Moscow that if cargo transit between the Kaliningrad region and the rest of Russia through Lithuania was not restored, Moscow would respond to protect its interests.

Lithuanian authorities banned the transit of goods which are sanctioned by the European Union across its territory, which includes the only rail route between mainland Russia and the Kaliningrad exclave on the Baltic Sea. Banned goods include coal, metals, construction materials and advanced technology. (Reporting by Reuters; editing by Guy Faulconbridge)

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russi...102555806.html
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-06-20 at 07:58 PM.