Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    Did people really expected something else? Like, the moment they said "mobile" that meant 1 thing .. pay pay pay pay pay. That's the main reason of developing a large scale mobile game.
    You're mistaking Diablo: Immortal with Diablo IV, aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're mistaking Diablo: Immortal with Diablo IV, aren't you?
    D4 will already fail because PoE exists. There is simply no way that Blizzard will have even half as much content as PoE currently does at launch, and they will try to charge $70 for the game anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

D4 will already fail because PoE exists. There is simply no way that Blizzard will have even half as much content as PoE currently does at launch, and they will try to charge $70 for the game anyway.
    Except there will be people that play both, or even prefer D4. The only reason I don't play PoE is because of how complex it is, I'm looking forward to an ARPG that doesn't require a thesis on builds and talent points. I know I am the minority, but it's not just for me, so I don't touch it.

You are also forgetting how these games work, there will be content lulls between seasons and expansions for both games. The only way I don't see D4 being successful is if its shit, and that is the bit we need to wait and see.

D4 and PoE will be able to coexist, as long as D4 brings something to the table.
    Last edited by Lidenbok; 2022-06-18 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Overwatch loot boxes too.
    And all the WoW services you could buy before the eshop came around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    I dont know what you mean by always. I've been playing since Vanilla. Back then, I never once (in my server) saw any services advertised or never met anyone who paid for carries and I was part of the second largest guild in my realm. It was not a big server though so maybe there's that.

In my experience playing in a medium server:

- It wasn't advertised in trade. I was a teenager, no job, lots of time, I would have noticed.
    - Most people didn't know it was a thing.

Of course, I'm also thinking of a time when the treadmill was much less pronounced because WoW was played for the experience rather than the addiction of the treadmill.

Anyways, the argument of "it always existed" makes it seem like it was as disruptive as it is today. I went through 2 years of playing without seeing one person carry or be carried. You cant go through 30 seconds today without seeing some sort of advertisement or open conversation about it.

That's the harm, the normalization of it.
    There were plenty on my server back in the day, not anything like now, but they were around. May times you could read guild public forums to see, then contact someone in game. I know some carries were advertised on official forums server pages as PUGs, then negotiated fees before the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Todesbote View Post
    I had low to none expectations and I'm still disappointed.. this looks truly awful.
    What? Then why are u here? I'll bet u 100$ ull end up buying the game and loving it.

I think you are full of shit honestly.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

D4 will already fail because PoE exists.
    Diablo III didn't fail because of PoE, and Diablo III got a lot of flak because of the RMAH, so your claim is unsubstantiated.

There is simply no way that Blizzard will have even half as much content as PoE currently does at launch,
    Nor does it has to. This isn't about "having to be better than the other". It's just about being good.

Also, nice dodge, trying to avoid the fact you have completely mistaken Diablo: Immortal with Diablo IV.

Diablo III didn't fail because of PoE, and Diablo III got a lot of flak because of the RMAH, so your claim is unsubstantiated.

Nor does it has to. This isn't about "having to be better than the other". It's just about being good.

Also, nice dodge, trying to avoid the fact you have completely mistaken Diablo: Immortal with Diablo IV.
    I never said that. I said D4 specifically will fail because PoE exists. The only way to compete with PoE at this point is to release a game and accept that you will not capture a long-term playerbase for at least five years, and only if you continue to develop content for your game at an intense pace. Blizzard will not do that with D4, we know they won't, so it will fail.
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.

I never said that. I said D4 specifically will fail because PoE exists.
    WoW didn't fail because Lineage and Lineage II existed. X game didn't fail because Y game existed. By your logic, Final Fantasy XIV and Guild Wars 2 should've failed because WoW existed at the time.

The only way to compete with PoE at this point
    This isn't about competition. There are more than enough players in the world to play both games. Hell, anyone can play both games any time and however much they want, especially since they don't require monthly subscription fees. On top of that, the Diablo franchise does have its own dedicated loyal fans.

WoW didn't fail because Lineage and Lineage II existed. X game didn't fail because Y game existed. By your logic, Final Fantasy XIV and Guild Wars 2 should've failed because WoW existed at the time.

This isn't about competition. There are more than enough players in the world to play both games. Hell, anyone can play both games any time and however much they want, especially since they don't require monthly subscription fees. On top of that, the Diablo franchise does have its own dedicated loyal fans.
    If this was the Blizz of 10-15 years ago, I wouldn't be concerned of non-cosmetic MTX stuff in D4. However, there has been a shift over the years where there is way more priority put on monetization and squeezing money from players via psychological/manipulative means versus providing a great game that players generally want to support by giving money. D:Immortal is the most recent example of how far Blizz is willing to go to nickel and dime their players, to where even some Lost Ark whales I know think it's even a step too far.

If this was the Blizz of 10-15 years ago, I wouldn't be concerned of non-cosmetic MTX stuff in D4.
    I'm done with you. You keep dancing about subjects, first complaining about microtransactions in Diablo IV, then moving on to complain about "competing with Path of Exile", and now back to complaining about microtransactions.

Pick a damn line and stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    But what does it matter if we normalize it; it always existed.
    I mean, I think it's pretty evident here why it matters.

If it always existed but some people have never even seen it (like me back in the day) then it's contained, niche, not widespread and part of the experience of playing the game.

But more importantly, if it's not contained and normalized then it's a stepping stone to: People have always paid for progress so what's the difference to introducing deliberate psychological triggers for people to have to contend with in their game experience that drive them to spend money rather than spending money to have memorable content?

You pay the company so they can trick your brain into spending more for a dopamine rush. You're paying for drugs, and the ability for them to sell it is only there because we've spent decades minimizing the effects of DLCs, Microtransactions, until we've gotten to selling e-drugs like the mobile gaming market does today. Because addicts think it's fine, and some people think addicted adults know what they're doing.

I'm done with you. You keep dancing about subjects, first complaining about microtransactions in Diablo IV, then moving on to complain about "competing with Path of Exile", and now back to complaining about microtransactions.

Pick a damn line and stick with it.
    Dont be a sheep.

look at games like Elden ring for inspiration on how games should be made.

Dont be a sheep.
    I'm not "being a sheep". I'm pointing out the flaws in your argument when you start complain about the existence of microtransactions in a game that doesn't exist yet in live form and also when you complain that Diablo IV will fail because it somehow has to compete with Path of Exile.

If anyone here is "being a sheep", it's you, who eagerly jumped into the bandwagon along with everyone else to complain about microtransactions when Diablo IV hasn't even entered Alpha stage yet.

Also, Path of Exile? The game you claim Diablo IV has to "compete against"? Also has microtransactions. Should D4 have at least as many microtransaction options as PoE to "compete"?

look at games like Elden ring for inspiration on how games should be made.
    Elden Ring and Diablo are completely different game genres.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroVane View Post
    Still just looks like d3 with the brightness turned down. Good to see the last 3 years of development have yielded absolutely nothing.

Though ultimately this game will live or die based on how well they manage to nail the endgame farming loop;

If it's like d2, with a complex web of valuable rares, magics, runewords built by extremely rare runes, rare bases used to build those valuable runewords in, and uniques, most or all with good stat roll variation that makes them worth farming for even beyond your first find and with different areas that are ideal for different builds or for targeting different finds, it could be great.

If it's like d3, where it takes about 2 hours to find near-best-in-slot gear, just using whatever set bonus is most OP this season and endlessly farming boring, procedurally generated rifts to upgrade equally boring gems, then it'll suck ass.
    Players when D3 came out: "What is this bright, colorful gaming world? We want the dull color scheme and palette we saw in the preview stuff!"

Blizzard makes D4 look more like the preview stuff for D3.

Players now: "What is is this dull-palette nonsense? Turn up the brightness and the color! Blizzard you not know nothing about game design!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

It's enough to make someone light themselves on fire. It really is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Everyone who is saying WoW is P2W is because you can buy gold with WoW tokens and THEN spend this gold on a carry.

Nobody is saying WoW is P2W, because you can buy 2 BOE's from the AH. Furthermore, the gold these world-first guilds spend on is not because of these BoE's lol. All in all, you are correct that WoW is sorta P2W, but your comment on why that is, is just totally wrong.
    So what? Pay to win means you pay, and you win. Not you pay, and then you log in, and then you use the item you got to play the game, and then you play the game, and then you play the game some more.

What you're describing is literally just playing the game. If you could spend some money and just one-shot every boss in every raid, then I might agree with you. But what you're talking about is just what everybody who pays a subscription is doing.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

I'm not "being a sheep". I'm pointing out the flaws in your argument when you start complain about the existence of microtransactions in a game that doesn't exist yet in live form and also when you complain that Diablo IV will fail because it somehow has to compete with Path of Exile.

If anyone here is "being a sheep", it's you, who eagerly jumped into the bandwagon along with everyone else to complain about microtransactions when Diablo IV hasn't even entered Alpha stage yet.

Also, Path of Exile? The game you claim Diablo IV has to "compete against"? Also has microtransactions. Should D4 have at least as many microtransaction options as PoE to "compete"?

Elden Ring and Diablo are completely different game genres.
    You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. It's about profits. If they don't think they'll make ridiculous oodles and mountains of money from it with minimal effort, it's not worth it.

What do you think is worse? "Blizztard fanboys", or someone who is apparently so salty, so petty and so bitter to the point of holding a grudge for over half a year in the hopes of being allowed to gloat over a forum thread topic that would have ended several months prior? Y'know, someone like you!
    I am going with blizztards.

You misunderstand what I'm trying to say. It's about profits. If they don't think they'll make ridiculous oodles and mountains of money from it with minimal effort, it's not worth it.
    If there's any error here, it's in your failure to communicate. After all, hard to claim I'm the one "misunderstanding" you when you stay stuff like:
    No I'm pretty sure there are a few people who are mad because the MTX is just so extensive compared to other IPs of Blizzard. And there are other "lack of refinements" that seem to put this game away from the original core values of Blizzard (i.e. Gameplay First, Commit to Quality, etc etc).
    Did people really expected something else? Like, the moment they said "mobile" that meant 1 thing .. pay pay pay pay pay. That's the main reason of developing a large scale mobile game.
    There isn't anyway to interpret this other than you talking about the game as if the game has been gone live already, when it hasn't even gone into alpha yet.

10+ Year Old Account

Misunderstanding is coming from your lack of sticking to a point.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-06-20 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Pretty excited that they actually implemented a decent character customization system.
    Really don't understand why anyone cares about char custimization in an ARPG.

First of all, as soon as you put on armor, you can't see any of it.

On top of that like most modern ARPGs, combat will be so visually bloated and stimulating that even if you weren't wearing armor you're never going to see your custimization in the middle of all that visual clutter anyway.

That moment when the game releases, the last remaining Diablo/Blizzard fans see Diablo IV and that it is P2W.

Huge tears, followed by rage, followed by me posting "how could you not see this coming?"