That's nice. Lithuania is a NATO member. If Russia actually fucks with them, they will get destroyed, and they know it.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    If Russia actually fucks with them, they will get destroyed, and they know it.
    We'll see.

On Monday, Kremlin said it would “formulate” a response after Lithuania banned the rail transit of sanctioned goods between the Russian mainland and its exclave of Kaliningrad, wedged between Poland and Lithuania on the Baltic coast.

“This decision is truly unprecedented, it is a violation of everything,” Dmitry Peskov, the Kremlin’s spokesperson, said on Monday. “We understand that this is due to the corresponding decision of the European Union to extend sanctions to transit [good]. We also consider this illegal.”

“The situation is more than serious in this regard, and it requires a very deep analysis before formulating any measures and any decisions,” he added. “This deep analysis will be carried out over the next few days.”

https://www.lrt.lt/en/news-in-englis...it-ban-illegal
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    We'll see.
    Haven't you said this, like, a dozen times about every threat Russia's made since this started? And they have repeatedly proven that they won't actually do anything to back up their threats?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    And they have repeatedly proven that they won't actually do anything to back up their threats?
    this thread started with me explaining Russia will invade Ukraine. It was rebuked as conspiracy theory material and that Russia was just barking.

...Then, a few months later, they murdered thousands upon thousands, laid waste to cities, and murdered and raped everyone and everything in their path.

So I think that right there is why we should take any threat they make seriously and appropriately apply sanctions for every little remark that is along the lines of a threat.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

this thread started with me explaining Russia will invade Ukraine. It was rebuked as conspiracy theory material and that Russia was just barking.
    Whoa there Henry Kissinger, it's not time to return to the State Department yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Are you serious? Russia can't deal with Ukraine, and you think they might attack EU/NATO?
    I'm serious. You know that stockpile of nuclear weapons they have? You know what they say in dutchieland? ''Een kat in het nauw maakt rare sprongen''.. Translation: A cat cornerned makes wierd jumps. Doesnt translate well, but basically it says: If you corner someone they might lash out in unexpected ways.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    The so-called "republics" have a half a foot in the grave already, either they will be fully annexed by Russia later or Russia loses control of the Donbas through this war Russia started.
    True, but Russia cannot easily annex them at the moment - since currently they are a fresh source of meat for the grinder without having conscription in Russia.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    I'm serious. You know that stockpile of nuclear weapons they have? You know what they say in dutchieland? ''Een kat in het nauw maakt rare sprongen''.. Translation: A cat cornerned makes wierd jumps. Doesnt translate well, but basically it says: If you corner someone they might lash out in unexpected ways.
    Nobody is suggesting invading Russia, which would be cornering Russia. No, just kicking their orcs out of Ukraine. They can trash about in their own country.

And rich and powerful people aren't going to piss their life of luxury away by tossing nukes (assuming Russia's nukes are even functional). Enough with the "but the N00000ks" already.
    Last edited by Santti; 2022-06-20 at 08:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Look back and you will see that most of the ones that mocked it are cheering and defending Russia, whereas others dismissed China's involvement and the time-table.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Nobody is suggesting invading Russia, which would be cornering Russia. No, just kicking their orcs out of Ukraine. They can trash about in their own country.

And rich and powerful people aren't going to piss their life of luxury away by tossing nukes (assuming Russia's nukes are even functional). Enough with the "but the N00000ks" already.
    exactly the road map for peace is russia withdrawing all its troops from Ukraine, thats it. Its not being cornered, get the fuck back into your shithole and leave everyone else alone.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    exactly the road map for peace is russia withdrawing all its troops from Ukraine, thats it. It's not being cornered, get the fuck back into your shithole and leave everyone else alone.
    this mentality is pretty outdated now, see? If they withdrew after the initial skirmishes, maybe killed and destroyed only some people and property, they could slink back into their shithole in silence like you say.

But after invading and killing and raping thousands and destroying entire cities, you don't just crawl back into your hole and call it a day. You have to pay (money, etc) for all the damages and understand what you did for 50+ years to come.

But after invading and killing and raping thousands and destroying entire cities, you don't just crawl back into your hole and call it a day. You have to pay (money, etc) for all the damages and understand what you did for 50+ years to come.
    I mean, you just described US foreign policy since the Spanish American war....

If the US can slink on back home then so can Russia.

it's just nice that in this case there might actually be some negative repercussions for Russian imperialism.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-06-20 at 09:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    NATO could have backed off back in December.
    That's like the guy who says that the woman is to blame for being raped because she wore a short skirt.

Like... nah. Civilization is still going to come to the defense of the woman and punish the rapist.

it's just really impolite to be having an extensive, serious conversation and then abruptly segue to mocking someone merely because their perception of time is different.
    First, it's not a "serious conversation" when you issue a complete and utter untruth like you did.

Second, the passing of time is not a complex thing. If you're having issues with perception of such a basic thing, then it directly calls into question your capacity to perceive anything more complex (which is pretty much everything) with any degree of accuracy.

That's not a segue, it's apropos.

But sure, we can get back to the multitude of other false things you've said and will say.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    I mean, you just described US foreign policy since the Spanish American war....

If the US can slink on back home then so can Russia.

it's just nice that in this case there might actually be some negative repercussions for Russian imperialism.
    i dont think the US has any history of raping and murdering thousands and destroying everything they cannot take. keep in mind with Russia, Putin is not the first enabler of such horror; it has happened many times before him, hence the "evil empire" connations with russia.

i dont think the US has any history of raping and murdering thousands and destroying everything they cannot take. keep in mind with Russia, Putin is not the first enabler of such horror; it has happened many times before him, hence the "evil empire" connations with russia.
    I don't think you've ever exposed yourself to anything that doesn't implicitly back whatever narrative you're running with at the moment.

you can try and ignore history, you sure do enjoy ignoring basic facts when they're not convenient for you. like this idea that Russia isn't going to stop until it rules the world or whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    like this idea that Russia isn't going to stop until it rules the world or whatever...
    Well, Putin has said, at the minimum, he is going to take back all former Soviet lands. And hypothetically, if he does do that unimpeded, he would then challenge the West in a final battle for world superpower status, not just be content with what he has.

...Then, a few months later, they murdered thousands upon thousands, laid waste to cities, and murdered and raped everyone and everything in their path.

So I think that right there is why we should take any threat they make seriously and appropriately apply sanctions for every little remark that is along the lines of a threat.
    May I point out that you just a few pages back, said that the year has almost passed.

Russia wont touch a NATO country, and they wont throw nukes at any, why? Because they’ll be hit harder than what they dish out. Russia is not a cornered cat, that’s an insult to cats.

In the end Russia is not threat to any NATO countey, Ukraine clearly showed that, they do not have a box of power rangers and avengers to throw into the fight, heck some of their best got annihilated when trying to take the airport outside of Kyiv.

Well, Putin has said, at the minimum, he is going to take back all former Soviet lands.
    former Slavic states, and how has that been going for him?

And hypothetically, if he does do that unimpeded, he would then challenge the West in a final battle for world superpower status, not just be content with what he has.
    again how has that been going for him in the first one he's tried to pull this shit? poorly? as pretty much everyone who correctly assumed it would go?

And hypothetically, if he does do that unimpeded, he would then challenge the West in a final battle for world superpower status, not just be content with what he has.
    If Stalin, Krushchev, Brezhnev, Andropov, Chernenko and Gorbachov didn't do it. Why would Putin? Many of those went into eastern European countries to do there what Putin tried to do in Ukraine. One major Moscow military doctrine has been even when the Soviets were at their strongest. Do NOT provoke NATO. If getting killed meant NATO wouldn't go to war, you better go crash and die on the non-NATO side of the border.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    I asked over in the Suggestion Forum. Apparently, whatever they say, they are only getting 5 points, so no user who says "jerkoff" gets permabanned. Sorry, @Endus, not like your explanation was bad, but the underlying policy makes no sense considering whom we lost over the years and who we have elected to keep around.
    The site wants them around because they drive engagement and cause lots of posts in between getting banned.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death