Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Because I kinda figured out this by my own:
    I don't know where to reflect my hate - these greedy youtubers, who are ruining a 20 year old community with thier hatespeech(irony indeed - but I love this game) - or the 700K subs - these people have gathered.

Why don't people boycott these individuals?
    Because psychologically people are drawn to giving it attention even if it deserves none.

Like this thread existing. We're talking about it now instead of outright ignoring it, right?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-20 at 11:53 PM.

They paid them? My day keeps getting more depressive.

Where is the consumer in all this. Are we just all sheeps?
    Of course they paid them. Youtubers are all about the money. Why else do you think their first response when anyone criticizes them is "look at how successful I am and how much money I bring in and how cool that is". From the Jesse Cox's and his compadres 10 years ago to the latest "content creators" now, every one of them sells out for that payout. They'd eat their own shoes on camera if they could make some dough off of it.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yes, it's definitely Youtube's fault. It has nothing to do with all these public access channel wannabes getting a hold of some sweet, sweet cash, and doing and saying whatever it takes to keep it flowing.
    I'm seriously shocked. Never figured that much out. It's worse than I thought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Because psychologically people are drawn to giving it attention even if it deserves none.

Like this thread existing. We're talking about it now instead of outright ignoring it, right?
    I don't have an opinion about that - outside that people seems to accept the trend.

I start beliving that, the first person who bites on these creators(like some journalist content), would get equal attention.

The problem here, is that it feels like 9/10 creators are following the same algorithm(now that I realize). We need some options and standards.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-06-21 at 12:13 AM.

I'm seriously shocked. Never figured that much out. It's worse than I thought.
    The youtubers you think of aren't interesting or "dangerous" opinion makers in the first place, they ride the safe bandwagon that's just community sentiment at the time.

I do watch them from time to time but I'm not daily or even weekly on youtube, I was engaged in the game a fair bit in 9.0 to 9.1 though and could tell you 80% of the time what they'll say about the game in their videos after I've played the patch for a week or two.

They make their money with confirmation bias basically since that'll make their audience feel good, it's also the reason I watch it so rarely since you don't need to be a "bigbrain" bellular or "godgamer" asmongold to come to their basic ass takes, you simply need to play the game a bit.

I don't have an opinion about that - outside that people seems to accept the trend.

I start beliving that, the first person who bites on these creators(like some journalist content), would get equal attention.

The problem here, is that it feels like 9/10 creators are following the same algorithm(now that I realize). We need some options.
    Yeah but that just leads to more tribalism.

Like the growth of the 'Wokeness' in mainstream entertainment that has lead to a growth of anti-woke Youtubers who are seeking to 'expose the wokeness' has done nothing to balance anything out. It's just divided fanbases into needless squabbles over things that don't really matter.

The option really is to avoid youtube social media if it's becoming a problem. That's it really.

100% of Twitter problems go away if you don't use Twitter.

Oh no, did someone say something on the Internet that you didn't agree with? You poor poor thing! It's good that you made a post about it so that your fragile ego could get itself stroked.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't watch streamers mostly because I can make up my own mind about how I think about any given thing. Opinionated rants aren't helpful and even if I did watch from time to time I would never donate to them. There's little else to say.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    I don't watch streamers mostly because I can make up my own mind about how I think about any given thing. Opinionated rants aren't helpful and even if I did watch from time to time I would never donate to them. There's little else to say.
    So much this. I don't understand why people watch these videos. Why would I care what some nobody thinks about the game I play? I've only watched a handful, but they are just unproductive ranting, and I can't stand how it takes them 2 minutes to get to the point (Past the like and subscribe bullshit).

Furthermore, I was FLOORED, when I found out people actually GIVE money to these nobodies! To support this behavior!

I fear for our future.

Yeah but that just leads to more tribalism.

Like the growth of the 'Wokeness' in mainstream entertainment that has lead to a growth of anti-woke Youtubers who are seeking to 'expose the wokeness' has done nothing to balance anything out. It's just divided fanbases into needless squabbles over things that don't really matter.

The option really is to avoid youtube social media if it's becoming a problem. That's it really.

100% of Twitter problems go away if you don't use Twitter.
    I don't want to be treated like some sheep - because some youtuber is doing his hatespeech for his 1M subs.

Even if the content creator is objectively correct - it's motivation behind. It's end up on our table and in this community. Ultimately affecting the direction of the game, when this content creator - doens't even care about the game.

We need some options - someone please standup for this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Icathian View Post
    . He constantly speaks as if he's some sort of ambassador to the WoW community which is also annoying.
    Reading a script or bullet points is a lot cleaner than spitballin' it, but those people exist too
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Oh no, did someone say something on the Internet that you didn't agree with? You poor poor thing! It's good that you made a post about it so that your fragile ego could get itself stroked.
    We are talking about the motivation - not the opinion. Things like this usually happends, when you are concerned about the mass and not your own ego. You will get there one day.

We are talking about the motivation - not the opinion. Things like this usually happends, when you are concerned about the mass and not your own ego. You will get there one day.
    MMO Champion User discovers capitalism the sequal

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Yes, it's definitely Youtube's fault. It has nothing to do with all these public access channel wannabes getting a hold of some sweet, sweet cash, and doing and saying whatever it takes to keep it flowing.
    Which is because Youtube rewards it.

I don't want to be treated like some sheep - because some youtuber is doing his hatespeech for his 1M subs.

Even if the content creator is objectively correct - it's motivation behind. It's end up on our table and in this community. Ultimately affecting the direction of the game, when this content creator - doens't even care about the game.

We need some options - someone please standup for this community.
    When Blizzard is failing to listen to the content creators even when they're completely on the mark with what's wrong with the game and the direction it's taken, it's pretty clear that 'ultimately' Blizzard is doing whatever the fuck they want regardless of any content creator's opinions.

I mean look at all the content creators that spoke out on Shadowlands Alpha/beta and pointed out how the Covenant system was complete illusion of choice, and will favour exploits in balance. It all ended up with Blizzard having to own up to mistakes a year into Shadowlands, and try and course correct with 9.2, way past late.

No amount of content creator feedback will really influence Blizzard's own direction with the game. At the end of the day, you're choosing to be affected by youtuber hatespeech and using bullshit confirmation bias to imply that it's making the game go into a worse direction, when in reality if the game goes in a worse direction the blame squarely falls at Blizzard's own internal decisions, not any youtuber regardless of preaching constructive criticisms or 'hatespeech'.

The reality is Blizzard can't act on all the feedback. They act to what they are able to feasibly manage under the budgetary constraints and limited resources they have available to them; and yes billion dollar companies do still have budgets and finances to deal with like any other company. Don't let confirmation bias from content creators influence your perspective otherwise. No Bellular or Preach or Asmongold has the power to affect Blizzard's ability to make a good or bad expansion. Even if all doomsaying was quelched from the internet, Blizzard themselves are restricted by their own internal goals and financial limits to meet any demand the fans have. The game's failings are due to its own design.

If you're talking about the community taking a stand to fix other parts of the community, then you're just doing the exact same I've warned you about above. You're intentionally diving into the shark-infested waters of Youtube Drama and you want everyone to work on getting rid of the sharks. That's not a reasonable solution to your problem. The problem is you choosing to dive into shark infested waters when you should know better not to.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-21 at 01:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I kinda figured out this by my own:
    I don't know where to reflect my hate - these greedy youtubers, who are ruining a 20 year old community with thier hatespeech(irony indeed - but I love this game) - or the 700K subs - these people have gathered.

Why don't people boycott these individuals?
    How? How are they "ruining" the community? Are you afraid that even more people find out what wow has become? Or Diablo?
    I would argue that alot of viewers don't watch opinion videos to form an opinion. They already made up their minds. It's confirmation bias.
    It's not the content creator who is creating the community. The community is a by-product of the game and how the company manages both.
    Blizzard in particular is notoriously bad when it comes to handling and talking to the community.
    No statements or straight up lies when we look at one of the latest Wyatt Cheng Tweets regarding player power for example. Ridiculous.

They paid them? My day keeps getting more depressive.

Where is the consumer in all this. Are we just all sheeps?
    It is called a paid promotion. I don't know were you live, but companies usually hire and pay people to promote a product. And yes, even your beloved Blizzard.

[...] The game's failings are due to its own design.
    Sums it up pretty well.

When Blizzard is failing to listen to the content creators even when they're completely on the mark with what's wrong with the game and the direction it's taken, it's pretty clear that 'ultimately' Blizzard is doing whatever the fuck they want regardless of any content creator's opinions.

I mean look at all the content creators that spoke out on Shadowlands Alpha/beta and pointed out how the Covenant system was complete illusion of choice, and will favour exploits in balance. It all ended up with Blizzard having to own up to mistakes a year into Shadowlands, and try and course correct with 9.2, way past late.

No amount of content creator feedback will really influence Blizzard's own direction with the game. At the end of the day, you're choosing to be affected by youtuber hatespeech and using bullshit confirmation bias to imply that it's making the game go into a worse direction, when in reality if the game goes in a worse direction the blame squarely falls at Blizzard's own internal decisions, not any youtuber regardless of preaching constructive criticisms or 'hatespeech'.

The reality is Blizzard doesn't listen to the feedback. They act and react to the data they get internally. Don't let confirmation bias from content creators influence your perspective otherwise. No Bellular or Preach or Asmongold has the power to affect Blizzard's ability to make a good or bad expansion. Even if all doomsaying was quelched from the internet, Blizzard themselves are restricted by their own internal goals and financial limits to meet any demand the fans have. The game's failings are due to its own design.
    Rationalization and contradiction.

We just have one problem in all this - Blizzard is not asking for an opinion. And we have bunch of "content creators" who needs to have an opinion in order to exist, who even now, is affecting our current communication.

We need a person/group to balance these people out. Yes - polarization is required - and no - it's not a bad thing. You gave the woke example - I can equally give you the right/left groups in policitics, which are the necessary mechanics. I wish we had a content creator, who didn't follow bandwagon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques View Post
    How? How are they "ruining" the community? Are you afraid that even more people find out what wow has become? Or Diablo?
    I would argue that alot of viewers don't watch opinion videos to form an opinion. They already made up their minds. It's confirmation bias.
    It's not the content creator who is creating the community. The community is a by-product of the game and how the company manages both.
    Blizzard in particular is notoriously bad when it comes to handling and talking to the community.
    No statements or straight up lies when we look at one of the latest Wyatt Cheng Tweets regarding player power for example. Ridiculous.

It is called a paid promotion. I don't know were you live, but companies usually hire and pay people to promote a product. And yes, even your beloved Blizzard.

Sums it up pretty well.
    Speaking of confirmation bias...
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-06-21 at 01:51 AM.

Rationalization and contradiction.

We just have one problem in all this - Blizzard is not asking for an opinion. And we have bunch of "content creators" who needs to have an opinion in order to exist, who even now, is affecting our current communication.

We need a person/group to balance these people out. Yes - polarization is required - and no - it's not a bad thing. You gave the woke example - I can equally give you the right/left groups in policitics, which are the necessary mechanics.
    "We"? Who is "We"?

You speak for you and no one else in this matter. Let us be clear about this.

Do you speak out for my behalf in matters concerning the WOW community? Because if you do, I certainly didn't agree upon any decision to do so. IMO, you're no better than the youtubers you complain about for even choosing to participate in its drama.

Left/right politics are absolutely unnecessary to the enjoyment of a videogame.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-21 at 01:50 AM.

"We"? Who is "We"?

You speak for you and no one else in this matter. Let us be clear about this.

Do you speak out for my behalf in matters concerning the WOW community? Because if you do, I certainly didn't agree upon any decision to do so. IMO, you're no better than the youtubers you complain about for even choosing to participate in its drama.

Left/right politics are absolutely unnecessary to the enjoyment of a videogame.
    Woke is equally not relatable in your example. The term 'we' is usually classified in a formal conversation, that I decided to raise this debate to - out of respect.

My bad - but still you avoided my point.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-06-21 at 01:53 AM.

My bad - still you avoided my point.
    There is no point, because this discussion board and its community is not bound to youtube content creators in any way. This is a completely separate fanbase you're trying to lump in as one singular, unified community. The fact is, most people on this board literally do not care, and that's why we're telling you not to concern yourself either if you are really that interested in 'not being a sheep'. The fact you think you need to mobilize an anti-wolf army just shows how much of a sheep you really are.

So that's the point. You are a sheep in sheep's clothing, pretending not to be a sheep. The only way to stop is to distance yourself from the drama. Stop buying into youtube drama. Period. If you're needlessly addicted to youtube content as your main source of entertainment, then you need to learn to control yourself or seek help for that. But let me be clear that this message board is not the place to find any meaningful solution to your self-inflicted problems.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-06-21 at 01:54 AM.

There is no point, because this discussion board and its community is not bound to youtube content creators in any way. This is a completely separate fanbase you're trying to lump in as one singular, unified community. The fact is, most people on this board literally do not care, and that's why we're telling you not to concern yourself either if you are really that interested in 'not being a sheep'. The fact you think you need to mobilize an anti-wolf army just shows how much of a sheep you really are.

So that's the point. You are a sheep in sheep's clothing, pretending not to be a sheep. The only way to stop is to distance yourself from the drama. Stop buying into youtube drama. Period. If you're needlessly addicted to youtube content as your main source of entertainment, then you need to learn to control yourself or seek help for that. But let me be clear that this message board is not the place for any help meaningful solution to your self-inflicted problems.
    We don't know if people care - we don't have the option. The only people we got - is people who are paid to have an youtube opinion. And you are the product of this - when you said, that Blizzard didn't listen us. You reliazed that, when I told you that they are not obliged to listen. And then you got personal.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-06-21 at 02:33 AM.