Page 1 of 2
LastLast

$15 a month for forum access, worth it?

Not going to lie, the WoW forums are probably one of the most entertaining forums I've seen on the mainstream internet. Have been since Vanilla, do you think this is worth it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Or just stay here and enjoy all the ignorant, weirdos, morons and trolls for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Kent088 View Post
    Not going to lie, the WoW forums are probably one of the most entertaining forums I've seen on the mainstream internet. Have been since Vanilla, do you think this is worth it?
    If something the best ever - it's defiantly worth it.

i never brother with visiting the official wow forums on battle.net those are all useless forums. you only post there to get moderated. nazis
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Naiattavain View Post
    i never brother with visiting the official wow forums on battle.net those are all useless forums. you only post there to get moderated. nazis
    You obviously kept stepping over the bright red line they repeatedly told you not to cross if your attitude on these forums is anything to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    You obviously kept stepping over the bright red line they repeatedly told you not to cross if your attitude on these forums is anything to go by.
    mfs be postin "blizzard please make the horde more racist" and wondering why they get censured

mfs be postin "blizzard please make the horde more racist" and wondering why they get censured
    Can you link to some thread. Wanna see some examples - I get depressive by people here.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You only get moderated if you violate the forum code of conduct you agreed to abide by in order to post there.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Nearly every other thread is a bait thread on the official forums either trying to get crap stirred or complaints something killed them and it needs to be nerfed. Not worth a dollar let alone 15

i never brother with visiting the official wow forums on battle.net those are all useless forums. you only post there to get moderated. *snip*
    I would like to make a comment regarding this and how the playing field is not so different around here, but I'm sure; due to their clear display of high insecurity and fear of personal opinions, that mentioning anything about the state at which moderators moderate things around here ALSO is against the rules. No one can disagree with you if doing so is against the TOS after all...

Point being, you do get moderated to oblivion and back here as well.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    You only get moderated if you violate the forum code of conduct you agreed to abide by in order to post there.
    Do they provide proof of violation though, if they take such action? Or just do censorship because they can, as most forums do?

Who needs official forums when we have MMOC?

Is it really THAT fun? You can get a lot of other fun stuff for 15$. Get YouTube premium and there's probably someone there who will read the whole forum for you, write posts for you, in a commercial free environment (well not exactly). And there are no funny piglets on WoW forums!

Joking aside 15$ is a lot for forum access.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ehh.. Any payment just for forum access alone is not worth it, and I think you might know that.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    Nearly every other thread is a bait thread on the official forums either trying to get crap stirred or complaints something killed them and it needs to be nerfed. Not worth a dollar let alone 15
    Are you sure you're not talking about mmo champ?

I don't think any forum is worth $15/month for the content, however it may be that you want to support the forum for reasons outside just value for money.

If people didn't sometimes feel that way - then I'd be sitting here going "No value for money to give to saving a tree" etc.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    i stopped give a f8ck about official server since tbc era, where blizz showed an ugly tyrannical side of ban for their own f8ck ups
    In case u don't know, when a gnome warrior (yes still remember that) posted on official eu forums asking why we killing illidan, detailing how illidan is fighting burning legion and we should at best ignore him and let them fight (back then illidan was presented as evil) and that would be smartest move, the official blizzard answer of forum was 'because he drop epics' (yes they did say that)
    the result was predictably everyone trolling on forums anything with answer 'because it drop epics' mocking how little blizz view their own lore and story, blizz went pure china and banned anyone who even mention it, deleted posts and entire threads (i got banned), showing how they don't tolerate even their own fuck ups
    I don't think i posted on official forums since then, here u can actually criticize them for actual mistakes without being silenced and banned and deleted, even when they punish a member, they still keep the post
    Heck blizz flat out admit that they look for fan websites to check on wow (i think that was during legion) which is easy to guess because official forums are heavily censored u can't tell ur mistakes, but seems Ion is back to official forums because he loves hearing himself in echo rooms
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Brand new account made this month with 32 posts? Sounds like you got banned and got a burner account till you got your main one back.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Brand new account made this month with 32 posts? Sounds like you got banned and got a burner account till you got your main one back.
    I'm literally not complaining about anything. The post literally was defending why Blizzard is justified in banning people like they do; I don't know where you got that from.