Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azadina View Post
    Yea speaking of 12 total, that's the total number produced of those you linked. Might aswell be talking of unicorns.
    You beat me to it! Even in his own link it's theory and expected. Not tried and true produced for decades like many of the armaments being sent to Ukraine.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Nah.

Even if US were to leave NATO (fyi, NATO consists of more than just the US), Russia still couldn't do jack shit against the Baltic countries, which are part of NATO. They are stuck with Ukraine, for crying out loud. How do you think they'd fare against NATO, a much larger and modern military? Especially now that Russia is depleting it's own arsenal, with little hope of replenishing it any time soon, and having to resort to WW2 and Cold War weaponry?

Russia isn't invading anyone after Ukraine, for a long time.
    yeah not saying they gonna win, just attack. As a Floridian youtuber says, foreign affairs is this international poker game where everybody cheats. And Putin is not feeling too hot healthwise right now. He might wanna go with bang, an all in in the baltics.

And yes, pretty sure a UK/France alliance alone can repel a Russian invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Our reforms did not so much fail as they were gutted from the inside while the EU looked on and paid for it.

As someone with a large degree of cultural affinity towards Hungary (I am half Hungarian and speak the language to a conversational level, was raised eating the food, being told stories about the country and its history) the direction Hungary ended up taking is quite a sore spot.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    is it really so wrong to assume Russia will indeed attack Lithuania per threats? They are impulsive and have little regard for restraint.
    Yes it's utterly stupid, now go back to the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Err, 30-46 km range with standard rounds? Is that a joke?

"Nothing comes close"?? How about 80km 2S35 Koalitsiya-SV

Is it 12 total like with HIMARS?
    You do realize that the 16 CAESARS (if I remember well) already destroyed nearly 200 russian artillery ? Russian equipment is crap compared to western equivalent.

so if it means much, adding to the pile, an hour ago Russia threatened Lithuania again.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...cks-rail-goods

"serious consequences" is a step up from "must assess the situation"
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Yeah, Lithuania isn't preventing access to Kaliningrad. They are following and enforcing sanctions on goods - Lithuania has no responsibility to allow foreign countries to use their (Lithuania) land for transport of goods.
    If Russia would block Lithuanian ports - saying they have to do it to prevent counterfeit Russian gas/oil or whatever landing there by decree they'll pass - will you say that "Russia isn't preventing access to Lithuania, they still have roads and rail"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    You do realize that the 16 CAESARS (if I remember well) already destroyed nearly 200 russian artillery ? Russian equipment is crap compared to western equivalent.
    Could you give me a link?

I love tall tales.

5+ Year Old Account
    so if it means much, adding to the pile, an hour ago Russia threatened Lithuania again.

When you interfere with Russia accessing other parts of Russia, you are messing with their territorial integrity, which is what often starts wars between countries.

Did Russia make Lithuania go down this road? No.

Lithuania backing down would de-fuse this whole situation, but you seem only interested in escalating. Do you like problems, or something?

If Russia would block Lithuanian ports - saying they have to do it to prevent counterfeit Russian gas/oil or whatever landing there by decree they'll pass - will you say that "Russia isn't preventing access to Lithuania, they still have roads and rail"?

- - - Updated - - -

I love tall tales.
    nice whataboutism there Shillcker

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    When you interfere with Russia accessing other parts of Russia, you are messing with their territorial integrity, which is what often starts wars between countries.

Lithuania backing down would de-fuse this whole situation, but you seem only interested in escalating. Do you like problems, or something?
    hahaha are you serious? Its a fucking enclave, they have to supply via lithuanian infrastructure, if they say: ''well fuck you, Russia you cant use our railroads, or roads anymore to supply Koningsberg'' then its at there full right.

10+ Year Old Account

Kicking out the ambassador falls under "serious consequences". While I'm not totally on board with Lithuania on this they have the right to do so and i doubt russia will try to attack Lithuania over this, as others have said, Kaliningrad is not cut off, just a bit harder to reach.

- - - Updated - - -

I love tall tales.
    Already posted a video a few posts back . You can YouTube subtitle

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    hahaha are you serious? Its a fucking enclave, they have to supply via lithuanian infrastructure, if they say: ''well fuck you, Russia you cant use our railroads, or roads anymore to supply Koningsberg'' then its at there full right.
    Let's not forget you are responding to the guy whos last post here before disappearing was how Buchan didn't happen. He got mad that people opposed his "facts", so he took his toys and left. But it seems that Mother Russia calls her splendid defenders once more.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-21 at 04:53 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    Kicking out the ambassador falls under "serious consequences". While I'm not totally on board with Lithuania on this they have the right to do so and i doubt russia will try to attack Lithuania over this, as others have said, Kaliningrad is not cut off, just a bit harder to reach.
    I think just a threat of blockade could send Lithuanian freight insurance rates sky-high.

I think just a threat of blockade could send Lithuanian freight insurance rates sky-high.
    Blockade what? there ports? isnt that an act of war in itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Already posted a video a few posts back . You can YouTube subtitle
    There doesn't seem to be any mentions of CAESAR in any of your other posts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuiking View Post
    Blockade what? there ports? isnt that an act of war in itself?
    Threat of it isn't, and given that Lithuania made first move it isn't obvious it can be seen as one-sided aggression to trigger Article 5.

...lots of other things could also suddenly happen by chance.

There doesn't seem to be any mentions of CAESAR in any of your other posts.
    The video is not only about those .

Again, Russia's strategy seems to be, "See how much harm we can cause you and global economies if you refuse to be our friend?"

Very friendly act. Maximum friendship.

Someone needs to change the collective diapers of the Russian oligarchy/leadership, because they've been shitting in it for weeks and it's building up. That's probably why they can't stop crying.

False analogy. The Baltic Sea is international waters and thus not Russia's to block.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    False analogy. The Baltic Sea is international waters and thus not Russia's to block.
    I'm sure Russia will cite some ancient tzar's decree about the Baltic being Russian territory and claim that it's still legal and binding.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post

Lithuania has no obligation to accommodate Russia accessing another part of Russia through Lithuanian sovereign territory. This is the bit Russlamists can't seem to grasp, nobody is under the obligation to accommodate Russia outside Russia.

This is the problem with exclaves. They tend to be easily isolated when you piss off everyone whose territories you need to cross to access your exclave.