Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    This trailer is so damn long and tries so hard to make someone seem cool and appealing who really isn't, that it ends up being counter productive. I also don't understand why they would go for a character with Junk in her name or even the theme in general when they already have Junkrat. Overwatch was fun for a bit and I liked playing Genji, Widow, Mei and Soldier for a bit but the game doesn't really have much long term appeal.
    Some people say that they just really wanted a character that fits the Tank Girl / Jinx niche, though imho they failed hard here if that was the goal. Because to me they just made another butch barbarian supersoldier. Thematically she feels a bit redundant like Brigitte.
    Well, see, the Junker Queen was introduced as a background character way back in 2017 when they made the Junkertown map. She was originally just a function of the map with voice lines playing over intercoms as you progressed the payload, and was simply called "The Queen" on one poster you could find of her on the map.

People got attached to the idea of the character, started speculating and making fan art, and she gradually got built up with minor appearances in other stuff, like Wrecking Ball's origin story video:

By 2019 they had apparently started actually iterating on her character design and planning to turn her into a fully fledged playable hero. And now here we are with her being one of the marquee new heroes of OW2.

Ugh, no thanks. I dont see the appeal in Overwatch, really. At least their heroes are somewhat fun in Heroes of the Storm (sometimes).

Now that it is free2play and they are not trying to sell us a full price version of this game... WHY? Are they still calling it Overwatch 2.
    There is no reason to call it Overwatch 2, its no longer a stand-alone sequel, its now a free2play conversion.

They are not going to be calling it the Overwatch 2 League. OW2L are they... they are not going to be calling it Overwatch 2 all the time.
    If they do that they instantly kill off the Overwatch 1.5 memes, and can start acting more seriously about the direction they are taking.
    After all we dont call it World of Warcraft 10... its just World of Warcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, see, the Junker Queen was introduced as a background character way back in 2017 when they made the Junkertown map. She was originally just a function of the map with voice lines playing over intercoms as you progressed the payload, and was simply called "The Queen" on one poster you could find of her on the map.

https://static0.gamerantimages.com/w...&h=480&dpr=1.5

People got attached to the idea of the character, started speculating and making fan art, and she gradually got built up with minor appearances in other stuff, like Wrecking Ball's origin story video:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DgzNeZPW0AkgjRT.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]https://i.imgur.com/Ap9Z8QJ.png

By 2019 they had apparently started actually iterating on her character design and planning to turn her into a fully fledged playable hero. And now here we are with her being one of the marquee new heroes of OW2.
    Interesting, thanks for the trivia.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    Whole point of OW2 was pve, and its not even launching with the game lmao. Like someone else said, this is a patch not an entire new game that deserves the "2" title
    well,you are getting it for free....so....yeah,think of it as a big patch?with the promise of pve later

other games charge you for those things

7+ Year Old Account
    Or you can just play Team Fortress 2 which already has the team based shooter covered with the PVE component available for free as well
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowisp View Post
    Now that it is free2play and they are not trying to sell us a full price version of this game... WHY? Are they still calling it Overwatch 2.
    There is no reason to call it Overwatch 2, its no longer a stand-alone sequel, its now a free2play conversion.
    It was never a standalone sequel. People who only bought OW1 were still going to be able to playing everything OW2 PvP with out extra cost. The PvE aspect was always the part that required payment. I believe at the time of initial announcement they stated that there was no good way to call what they envisioned for OW as it was more then a dlc but not a true sequel/expansion. In the end they settled on Overwatch 2.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

not a huge fan of losing lootoxes to be honest

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    ah yes the only half interesting thing comes sometime in 2023 what joy
    enjoy overwatch 1,1 yall
    Well, you are right with cost and inflation but to be honest games now have much bigger audience and therefore sells much more copies than before. Problem is that they needs to appease investors so they have to find ways how to milk customers.

Wait hold on, how is this any good for the players? Doesn't this change mean you actually have to pay a lot more in order to get everything out of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Wait hold on, how is this any good for the players? Doesn't this change mean you actually have to pay a lot more in order to get everything out of the game?
    That's the plan. So far you had to pay 40 bucks for everything...soon you gonna have to buy a seasonal pass every 9 weeks. So I guess we will end up with around 100 bucks per year. Nice, isn't it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacster View Post
    That's the plan. So far you had to pay 40 bucks for everything...soon you gonna have to buy a seasonal pass every 9 weeks. So I guess we will end up with around 100 bucks per year. Nice, isn't it?
    Is it even possible to get everything without buying loot boxes? Wouldn't the time limited events be hard to grind everything out for free? So in order to get everything you had to gamble with a loot box? Which means the cost would vary based on luck. A battle pass could be cheaper for those that gambled a lot and is more expensive then those that never spent anything.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Oh look, another ultra-masculine female character in an AAA-developed game.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Is it even possible to get everything without buying loot boxes? Wouldn't the time limited events be hard to grind everything out for free? So in order to get everything you had to gamble with a loot box? Which means the cost would vary based on luck. A battle pass could be cheaper for those that gambled a lot and is more expensive then those that never spent anything.
    Definitely. 1 match a day for the daily lootbox and during events you take the 3 weekly lootboxes on top. Only buy skins when they are down to 1000 gold(and don't buy epics etc. unless you really dig something. You will get all of it sooner or later in boxes anyway loooong before you got all legendaries). Then you should have all but maybe 15-20 event skins(those 20 you don't like anyway) by now. Why do I know? Well, I did that. For people that seriously play this game(more than 1 match a day) and get the 3 weekly arcade boxes all the time getting all skins should not be a problem.
    With like 500-600 lootboxes a year(so several 1000 over time) luck should not matter that much.
    Last edited by Pacster; 2022-06-22 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Oh look, another ultra-masculine female character in an AAA-developed game.
    Just next to Mercy, D.Va, Pharah, Mei, Moira, Brigitte, Ana, Ashe, Tracer, Widowmaker, Sombra and Symmetra. How can the game or even industry deal with 2 "ultra-masculine" vs 12 "normal" built females.
    It'd feel weird if a tank would have a physique like D.Va or Ashe next to giants like Reinhardt, Roadhog or Doomfist and surviving just as much dmg. Either needs some sort of gimmick like D.Vas mech or actually looking to be able to take a beating.