Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bring back MoP and WoD Legendary quests

With Dragonflight focusing on both Wrathion and Khadgar, I would be really interested in having the legendary questlines back in the game.
    Wrathion is the kind of character that you don't cross path with that often. We got to know him a bit more during BfA but I feel like a lot of people missed out on this narrative with Anduin and the MoP Alliance-Horde war.

The quest is mostly farming materials in this and that raid, but the little interactions that you get as a reward were pretty interesting. And same can be said about Khadgar legendary ring quests.

If it happens to just be a switch to trigger then Blizzard should definitely bring them back.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I definitely think the WoD ring quests were superior to the MoP cloak ones. also liked how the WoD ring steadily grew more powerful, I remember there was an effect on the iteration before it became legendary. I don't think the MoP cloak had a similar effect before it became legendary, I could be wrong though as I have zero memory of it.

but yes, it was definitely a better system than the random lottery of Legion. BfA's was good, SL's have been good but should've been 100% drops from the start and DEFINITELY shouldn't have cost so damn much to level up and craft
    Last edited by MrLachyG; 2022-06-21 at 03:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries with their own adventure are indeed what is needed. Not some crafted, or raid drop, or currency purchase. A long questline that is available to all, the speed of how to complete it, is down to the player.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yes please, if you really want to keep the "value" of the item, just remove it from the reward of the quest, but please add the quest itself.

Sure, I don't see why not. Just keep the respective titles you got separate.

I think Wrath and Cata did it best with Legendries obtained though raiding with a long quest chain that the raid group works towards was fun and how it should be. If you are not doing the hardest content in the game no reason to need the best gear.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Legendaries with their own adventure are indeed what is needed. Not some crafted, or raid drop, or currency purchase. A long questline that is available to all, the speed of how to complete it, is down to the player.
    I agree with this except they should do it in steps and time gate it over the course of 6 months and you can only do a very small portion of the quest each week. They shouldn't come up with a catch up mechanic either until about 9 months into the expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought it was the best iteration of Legendaries so i'm fine with it.

I agree. Loved the MoP quest chain, the back and forth between Anduin and Wrathion.

Before they character assassinated Anduin and turned him into a one-dimensional, whiny, entitled, sobbing teenager.

just not a cloak (or belt) with an on-use ability this time! really annoying having a legendary cloak that couldn't have a glider tinker on it

Yes - a greatly agree... but make them requirement that need to be done on HC raids (or harder) so not every bad player and casual would have them during relevant content.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I think Wrath and Cata did it best with Legendries obtained though raiding with a long quest chain that the raid group works towards was fun and how it should be. If you are not doing the hardest content in the game no reason to need the best gear.
    Yes - this is even better version of what i meant.

They made for very good casual content, giving an actual reason for casual players to bother doing, like, LFR more than once, instead of the hellscape now where you run out of queueable things to do in like 2 days at best.

Maybe tier their quality or something so that hardcore whiners don't get upset that the dirty casuals get stuff to do. (Which I don't think is necessary, but you gotta quiet those people up. They never let you hear the end of it.)

Long questlines with stuff you work toward where you feel meaningful progress as you work toward are the absolute best casual content, and they've been entirely gutted from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would much rather see the system of Wrath and Cataclysm, legendary weapon for ONE person, with a questline, like Shadowmourne or Dragonwrath. Easily the best system we had!

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    With Dragonflight focusing on both Wrathion and Khadgar, I would be really interested in having the legendary questlines back in the game.
    Wrathion is the kind of character that you don't cross path with that often. We got to know him a bit more during BfA but I feel like a lot of people missed out on this narrative with Anduin and the MoP Alliance-Horde war.

The quest is mostly farming materials in this and that raid, but the little interactions that you get as a reward were pretty interesting. And same can be said about Khadgar legendary ring quests.

If it happens to just be a switch to trigger then Blizzard should definitely bring them back.
    ABSOLUTELY FUCKING AGREE

I have done both, so I don't care about the legendaries or whatever, because I have both and idc if they re-release the legendaries (would be good though tho), but they absolutely should bring back the quests, because much of the MAIN lore of both expansions basically got removed from the game.

People who want to catch up on the lore on older expansions by doing the old quests are currently completely missing out on the MAJOR plot points of MoP and WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Otimus View Post
    They made for very good casual content, giving an actual reason for casual players to bother doing, like, LFR more than once, instead of the hellscape now where you run out of queueable things to do in like 2 days at best.

Maybe tier their quality or something so that hardcore whiners don't get upset that the dirty casuals get stuff to do. (Which I don't think is necessary, but you gotta quiet those people up. They never let you hear the end of it.)

Long questlines with stuff you work toward where you feel meaningful progress as you work toward are the absolute best casual content, and they've been entirely gutted from the game.
    They are not. Becouse suxh legendary becomes mandatory item where if you sont have one you are comlletly excluded from wow conte t until you get one.

Also there ia nothing meaningfull about themm thanks to game seasonalit and catch ups what completly invalidates player effort. There ia nothing worse then seeing how is my months of grinding to get legendary item being throw into garbage becouse Blizzard implemented new currency what allowed players skip majority of that grind.

No long term progression will ever be fullfiling and meaningfull in game what resets player progression every 6 months.

Remove the crappy timegating too.

I think this is the only right way to implement legendaries. While i like the old school weapons, they skewed balance a lot so i really like more the generic ring/trinket/cloak that everyone can do at its own pace. An expansion-long effort that rewards you the legendary at the end.

Just remove timegating and keep the quest long but doable by everyone. And by that i mean setting it in the open world and the occasional dungeon or even better solo scenarios/events. If they really want to include raids, make so even LFR gives you the same reward. We all know an item like that is gonna become baseline/mandatory so remove any barrier from getting it and it won't be a problem.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

As long as it's account wide and I don't have to do it 15 times... whatever

I just want to say though that I'm not making a case for this type of legendary acquisition to make a come back because I'm not sure it really fitted players agenda. Joining the expansion midway or playing alt characters becomes a pain with such systems.

I like the story aspect and I think that what they did with Kalecgos in Legion was the right way of doing this.

They should have never removed those questlines. I really liked them, especially WoD one. The legendaries becoming unobtainable is also nonsensical since nearly every other one is available before those, and since those. Same with Mage Tower quests and rewards. Basically enough of the FOMO shit. Blizzard needs to stop removing content from the damn game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.