Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    so ... it seems they are giving up on S4 then ? or they already know it will completly utterly fail ?

shame - it will be another rushed failed expansion . there is no way in hell possible to make expansion goodif its end of june and there is no open beta out.
    Not really. S3 is likely to end in August. That would still be ~3 months of S4 if Scaleface is correct about the Nov release (very likely he is at this point)

Quote Originally Posted by mmocfd1b0ab5a3 View Post
    Please explain how is it rushed? Am I missing something because just looking at Legion:

They announced Legion on April 18th 2016, beta was on May 15th 2016 and release date was August 30th 2016. Thats about 4 months between date announcement and release date and previous expac was less than 2 years.

Dragonflight date announced June 21th 2022 and release is on or before December 31th 2022. Thats up to 6 months between date announcement and release date and previous expac lasted up to 2 years 1 month.

Thats just one example.
    Legion was announced way before that. It was announced a year before it was released. And we don’t even know if they have opened up an alpha yet at this point with no beta in sight.

If it ‘followed’ exactly like legion then it would be released in April on 2023
    Last edited by Cayde69; 2022-06-21 at 05:57 PM.

Will there be a CE?

guess they have to make up for the delayed immortal release in china
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

They announced Legion on April 18th 2016, beta was on May 15th 2016 and release date was August 30th 2016. Thats about 4 months between date announcement and release date and previous expac was less than 2 years.
    It was announced 6 august 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    Um, did you just forget about them reworking the entire talent system or ...? Rushing that out without extensive testing is going to not be great for a core system of the game.
    Sure it will be bad for the game but it will be good for the next earnings call. All that pre-order cash on top off that Diablo Immortal $$$? Gonna look pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    Legion was announced way before that. It was announced a year before it was released. And we don’t even know if they have opened up an alpha yet at this point with no beta in sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    typo, I mean the release date announcement was on April 18th 2016

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Will there be a CE?
    More than likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Not really. S3 is likely to end in August. That would still be ~3 months of S4 if Scaleface is correct about the Nov release (very likely he is at this point)
    Well, the dates can be changed at any time (at least for 31 of Dec ;p), but in this case they have not been touched since April - and the DF is still in November (2nd week and last week for now) and wotlk for Sept.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadite View Post
    Sure it will be bad for the game but it will be good for the next earnings call. All that pre-order cash on top off that Diablo Immortal $$$? Gonna look pretty sweet.
    true - definetly neat move for microsoft buyout.

but terrible move for game and players.

wow cannot survive another SL level of failure. and instead take their time and polish it till summer 2023 they will rush bugged beta live in december. making live players beta testers for free aggain .

honestly people woudl preorder even if they written there december 2023.

Quote Originally Posted by Mhyroth View Post
    Haven't seen anyone complain that an Expansion release is taking too long.
    I suggest you read through this thread for starters

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

To fast, to little shown. I might have pre-purchased had it come with a thing we can unlock now like new allied races, but nothing of that in there so doing to take a nice long wait.

Allied Races ??

typo, I mean the release date announcement was on April 18th 2016
    What you are referring to then is when they had the release date set in stone, a specific date, this comes way after preorder open up.

For example, legion opened their preorders and their “will release on or before” release announcement was in November of 2015.

https://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/05...ter-class/amp/

So if we were to follow that cycle exactly it would release March of 2023.

World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight will be available on or before December 31, 2022.
    Wait what?
    They either hired a massive dev and test team or we'll finally get to play beta flagged as prod lol.

Unless people want their boxed CE, it makes no sense to pre-order ... it's not like the expansion will sell out lol.

Ahaha, I see people crying over an early release. If it released late, more crying as well.

This community is truly something.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Blizzard does not deserve your money.
    thats not yours decision to make, you can decide they dont deserve YOUR money, everyone else decides for themself...
    i had more than enough fun to "justify" the price in every expansion, WOD (which i still consider worst) included, so i dont see any reason why it would be different in DF

Quote Originally Posted by ImpalerEU View Post
    Ahaha, I see people crying over an early release. If it released late, more crying as well.

This community is truly something.
    It’s as if there are different people with different opinions. Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    Will there be a CE?
    yes physicals edition is on the gear store already

https://gear.blizzard.com/products/w...collectors-set
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    If he’s right about the beta date though then yeah DF could very well be ready by year’s end. Legion had lots of new stuff whereas DF doesn’t have as much