10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexjimithing View Post
    https://t.co/KCpKII90Fn

Physical collector's up.
    Damn that looks nice! Really digging the dragon pins featuring the five major dragons.

Might have to snatch this up instead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezits View Post
    The upcoming six-month mount is a hulked out Murloc.
    I hope that drops before my subscription is supposed to end. Because it is so goofy I'd want it lol. I've been planning on canceling my 6-month purchases until pre-patch or launch and I have to renew early July. I do have a token I haven't redeemed so I could delay a month for free but would rather save it for when there is a ton of new content.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

7+ Year Old Account
    The red dragonflight wings do go EXTREMELY well with the BElf transmog from 9.2.5 tho.

https://imgur.com/EuEU6P2
    Yeah, but why are they sooo tiny. Weird design choice tbh.

Love the drake mount and the chonky murloc though! Will pre-order next week.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I like that the pin for the Green is Ysera, meaning its incredibly likely Merithra WONT succeed her and they are going to handwave Shadowlands away.

I got the Epic Edition.

Quick personal review of the rewards:

• Wings look a bit silly on most characters because they're small, and I never really liked wings on WoW characters anyhow. I think they could fit something like a Gnome pretending to be a dragon in disguise.
    • Mount is great! Perfect for Druids, Night Elves and so on. The tail pinecone thing is a bit chunky and sometimes catches the eye too much. But it's a fantastic looking mount.
    • Hearthstone effect is simple, elegant and cool. Right up my alley.
    • Helmet will look great on some characters, like an elven mage pretending to be of the Blue Flight or something.
    • Pets are OK. Obviously high quality but not too innovative.
    • Character boost and game time are obviously welcome perks.

There's also a big Midsummer sale going on, with discounted character services and mounts etc. There's also a new Midsummer bundle featuring a ton of stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    This just killed any hype I have for the expansion tbh..
    This is the weirdest take I've ever seen, I think.

Game coming along nicely with a release date which is on-time for their usual development cycle, and pre-orders are up with some nice perks. "Man this sucks!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Someone expected that? Pretty obvious it will launch with Uldaman event 2 weeks before expac.
    I've been out of the loop; didn't even know Uldaman was going to be part of the event.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Physical collector's up.
    It looks f*cking beautiful!

The red dragonflight wings do go EXTREMELY well with the BElf transmog from 9.2.5 tho.

https://imgur.com/EuEU6P2
    Yea, no. Hard pass on this. They look awful.
    Man, am I glad I hate big mounts. Base edition it will be then.
    And regarding a 2022 release: perhaps not absolutely impossible but I don't believe it. There will be a delay, 99% sure.

Physical collector's up.
    No soundtrack CD? Well fuck that shit.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprised to see Dragonflight launching this year, figured that was the case as soon as I saw there was no major revamp coming.

Surprised we got pre-orders with no talk of the alpha starting up yet. Even if it launches in December, it's looking at 6 months of testing at most. And given how prior Betas have gone, expansions need more testing right now not less. Very worried we're gonna end up seeing some majorly broken system pushed live because "we just don't have enough time to completely fix this, we'll get to it in 10.2."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    So it looks like no early Evoker.
    There is literally no fucking way they could release Evoker before 10.0 launches.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No soundtrack CD? Well fuck that shit.
    For what? You can get the soundtrack on spotify anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Any news about Allied races ??

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Damn that looks nice! Really digging the dragon pins featuring the five major dragons.

Might have to snatch this up instead.
    I personally ordered the physical collectors edition for the art book as I enjoy collecting art books of games, should have some good dragon stuff in it which I’m also a fan of.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I don't think we're ever going to get another new combat-oriented gamemode ever again. None have caught on since BFA and they are mostly a waste of effort: the things people want aren't even gameplay oriented (transmog, housing, etc)
    Last edited by Cheezits; 2022-06-21 at 06:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LalaGamer View Post
    There will be no ARs.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Not surprised to see Dragonflight launching this year, figured that was the case as soon as I saw there was no major revamp coming.

Surprised we got pre-orders with no talk of the alpha starting up yet. Even if it launches in December, it's looking at 6 months of testing at most. And given how prior Betas have gone, expansions need more testing right now not less. Very worried we're gonna end up seeing some majorly broken system pushed live because "we just don't have enough time to completely fix this, we'll get to it in 10.2."
    Honestly this just confirms to me that they're simply not bothering with systems. Any of them. Current base specs with current mechanics converted to new talent trees is all it will be.
    Which might be a good thing, but I'm worried that even if they don't bother with any of that, Dragonflight won't have enough launch content with only 6 months of dev time left.

Quote Originally Posted by LalaGamer View Post
    I think if the Darkfallen implementation is a sign of anything it's that we'll be getting customizations from now on instead of ARs.

Frankly I'm ok with that though- I don't like alts. More customization options for my main the better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I personally ordered the physical collectors edition for the art book as I enjoy collecting art books of games, should have some good dragon stuff in it which I’m also a fan of.
    That's mainly what I get them for as well. The Hearthstone art books have all been excellent, and the MoP and Legion artbooks I have are also well done. I'm a sucker for dragons and dragon art, so the art book is a must-get for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Bad move, Shadowlands had more of a gap and more to show at announcement and was still unfinished and needed a multi-week delay. They're rushing it and will either have to delay or come out with a shambles.
    True, but considering Dragonflight doesn't have an equivalent to torghast or class-unique covenant abilities, testing won't take as long as it did in Shadowlands. Which is what I was saying & you all called me delusional.