Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    Then you will have another great opportunity to bitch about. After all thats why you are here. And since WotLK every expansion is the worst one already so everything is ok.
    That’s not how I look at it at all? If it’s terrible I’m not going to bitch about it because I’m just not going to play it or buy it. I stopped buying expansions on release after legion. Legion was a decent expansion, but the issues it had at the very start that didn’t get fixed until later was my final straw and I waited for the next two and they both turned out to be shit so I didn’t play it.

I’m just here hoping that they actually make a decent expansion this time around, and from part expansions releases, this one is looking to be rushed if it’s going to be announced and released in less than a year apart. HOPEFULLY this is because the expansion has been an outlier and they put a ton of time into it throughout the years and it’s going to be a banger. But I can’t even remember the last time blizzard came out with something like this.

Last time when people complained so much before new expansion was MoP and it turned to be one of the best WoW expansion. But people on this forum are so jaded that it doesn't really matter what Blizzard do because people only wait here for new news to have a reason for bitching.
    Tbf, the Blizzard that worked on MoP and the Blizzard working on Dragonflight are very different creatures.

Sadly, I think they're squandering an opportunity to really polish this expansion and make it something exceptional. But unfortunately, that mentality has left Blizzard. Perhaps I am wrong and the beta is really well internally tested already but given their track record since Reforged, I am really doubting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormxraven View Post
    Wasnt shadowlands delayed too? I'm going to assume this will be too. Unless they are much further ahead than everyone thinks...
    I doubt it. They've been too busy piggybacking off old allegations by staging walk outs and demands when they just got reinvestigated and it pretty much confirmed that there wasn't widespread misconduct and neglect by the upper management in recent history(those not covered by the original investigation). But hey that Dragonflight panel was just full of bro culture guys right and not people who look like they work for Twitter....oh w8

Long story short, they aren't further ahead because the staff has been refusing to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Help me out here, has blizzard ever walked back a release date AFTER setting the release limit?

Well... Lets see the alpha, but it is like, 6 months from now. And we have seen SO little so far.

This is worrying
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

i've been wanting to play as a dragon for good know how long to bad its not player sized dragons like the sandstone drake but eh im happy bought the hc 1 as i don't play any other games and im not paying a extra £20 for only 1 month free game time

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, as my optimistic guess was, end of Q4 2022, my realistic guess was somewhere in Q1 2023.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Help me out here, has blizzard ever walked back a release date AFTER setting the release limit?

Well... Lets see the alpha, but it is like, 6 months from now. And we have seen SO little so far.

This is worrying
    Warcraft 3 Reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post

This is worrying
    Yes they have

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Feels rushed
    The expansion has next to nothing in it, it's not rushed lol. This is the smallest expansion they've done in a while

Why would anyone preorder now, like seriously? Even if you are 100% sure you're going to buy it, what's the point of sending that message?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Warcraft 3 Reforged.
    But just with reforged?

I know they delayed shadowlands, but IIRC the release limit was december 31st right?
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

People are panicking for no reason. All I got from this is beta will be soon. Beta usually only lasts 2 or 3 months.

And the truth is that you (and everyone on this forum) have no idea at what stage the developmnet is and how much its tested inside Blizzard and for how long.
    The alpha access build was added to the loader a bit over a week ago.
    So we know the development is at least alpha and the testing stage is enough to be alpha.

The internet is a terrible place.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The expansion has next to nothing in it, it's not rushed lol. This is the smallest expansion they've done in a while
    Its actually a massive expansion. They are completely overhauling major ingame systems. People whi say its small are honestly really stupid.

A lot of people on here seem to think that when they make an expansion announcement to the public it is the same time they are announcing it internally to start working on it. Dev cycle has nothing to do with announcement. If you want to compare to previous expansions then compare alpha or beta to release date, and as of this moment they are within that time frame. If we get to late July or August without any sort of testing announcement then I could understand the fear of a rushed release.
    Last edited by Squeezus; 2022-06-21 at 07:18 PM.

You people have no idea how far they are in development and testing so stop being so overdramatic about it.

For all we know they could be very deep into testing already, just kept it very secret.

If the expension ends up being a mess, you can complain then. But right now what does it matter. They don't care about our feedback anyway and will do what they want to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was joking with someone the other day that they'd make every dungeon boss a variation on Hogger because of the gnolls and to get the expansion out faster, I hope this sudden rush job isn't my joke coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Why would anyone preorder now, like seriously? Even if you are 100% sure you're going to buy it, what's the point of sending that message?
    Because even the crappy expansions have still provided enough entertainment to be more than worth the expansion price. Staying sub'd is a whole other beast though.

Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Seriously $15 shipping from the gear store? Anyone know if this will come out on amazon?
    Weird, only $6 for me, but ya, I'm waiting for BestBuy to get it. I do not trust Amazon, they made me wait until 930pm for my copy once...never again.

7+ Year Old Account
    got the epic edition with only ingame gold when tokens where still affordable
    excellent investion