Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    thats spam. I would report it as well

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    None of this is true. You got absolutely rightfully reported and banned, enjoy your time off. And maybe learn from it.
    You are extremely toxic and condescending. A fellow gamer would say "Okay, that is a little bit too extreme when you read rl therats in BGs without any consequences at all".

But ofc I will uninstall it. Takes the fun out of BGs for me. And yes, in in the game I play I AM the mian character .. but enough arguing on the internet, just wanted to let others know that they have to be extremely cautious under the new social contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    You are extremely toxic and condescending.
    says the person suspended for 3 weeks for a really dumb addon that spams people to death.

- - - Updated - - -

Takes the fun out of BGs for me.
    Took you out of BGs for three weeks, too.

And yes, in in the game I play I AM the mian character.
    And the main character just got taken out for three weeks. Lolz.

I don't consider it spam since the only posts when landing a KB and thgere never ever was an official Blizz statement. Anyway, I am out.

If you have a addon that announce interrupts its one thing since it can be helpful, a addon spamming your kills is just filling up chat so people might miss important things.

Hi, I have been suspended for 3 weeks (9 days left on the suspension) since in the past I got into fights in BGs. Never insulting, just discussing about topics like "don't go stables. don't go docks, run with orbs in mid" etc.

When I got suspended I didn't even appeal. Then I saw the preoder today and wanted to buy it, but you cannot on an account. So I looked at the chat log.

Here is the chat log:

--- snip ---

That is the kill counter addon which I have been using since classic .. I think.
    "Sapped" is from the addons"SaySapped", and "Use your toy" referd to the teleport-to-base in Alterac Valley.

This is a suspension now?

I hope I get a reasonable GM to overturn the suspension, I wanted to buy the epic Df preorder since I am a tmog and mount collector.
    BULLSHIT.

I actually had the honor of getting "banned" because of chat and they actually don't ban you. Instead, they mute you for X time. You also don't actually know why you were banned. You must've done or said something you don't want to mention and possibly not just once.

The only funny part about your story is that it's fake af.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-21 at 08:00 PM.

Anyway, I am out.
    For three weeks anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't consider it spam
    No one cares what the main character thinks? For shame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    BULLSHIT.

I actually had the honor of getting "banned" because of chat and they actually don't ban you. Instead, they mute you for X time. You also don't actually know why you were banned. You must've done or said something you don't want to mention and possibly not just once.

The only funny part about your story is that it's fake af.
    Well, unless the person has prior issues, else you don't get to 3 weeks by a spam report.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    thats spam. I would report it as well
    This.
    No need to tolerate bullshit.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't consider it spam since the only posts when landing a KB and thgere never ever was an official Blizz statement. Anyway, I am out.
    But there is statements about spamming and why not to do it?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

in before this boils down to ""the ops not the main character because i am" anyway if i was in a bg wiht u id report that addon for spamming the chat and making important infor coming in like "inc 3 to stables 1 healer"

if i was in the bg with you and i missed that because of the kill streak spam i wouldn't only report you for it id be calling for you to be remove from the battle ground for ruining the experience of the battle ground

If I saw you calling me "dude" in a BG I would also report you. Is that how you want WoW to be played? When I see people with 10+ killstreaks I think "glad that he or she is on my team" ....
    there is HUGE difference between one msg and TWENTY EIGHT!!!
    in random bg polluting chat like this, which might result in some important msg getting lost in the see of pointless bullshit is definitely spam and you well deserved the ban...

and sorry, there is a tab for kills and deaths and other things, people who want to know will check that, this addon isnt so others know, its to stroke YOUR EGO, so keep that to yourself, nobody cares... or dont, and get banned again, your choice
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-06-21 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    in before this boils down to ""the ops not the main character because i am" anyway if i was in a bg wiht u id report that addon for spamming the chat and making important infor coming in like "inc 3 to stables 1 healer"

if i was in the bg with you and i missed that because of the kill streak spam i wouldn't only report you for it id be calling for you to be remove from the battle ground for ruining the experience of the battle ground

Which would result in a ban for you since calling to "remove others" actually is a against the ToS. Yes, mods please delete this thread, I was stupidly hoping for comradery amongst gamers.

You most likely left something out, regardless I haven't been suspended once in 18 years, probably because I don't try to push their limits, spam people etc. Hopefully you learn this time so the next time won't be a perma ban of your veteran account

10+ Year Old Account
    Which would result in a ban for you since calling to "remove others" actually is a against the ToS. Yes, mods please delete this thread, I was stupidly hoping for comradery amongst gamers.
    No. Calling for someone to be removed, is not against ToS, it is how you do it. If someone says for you to be removed due to spamming, there would be nothing wrong.

erm i didn't think so unless i missed that part of the social contract, tho in most cases it would cause you to be mass ignored

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    You most likely left something out, regardless I haven't been suspended once in 18 years, probably because I don't try to push their limits, spam people etc. Hopefully you learn this time so the next time won't be a perma ban of your veteran account
    Well, yeah, you don't get three weeks for a first offense, unless it is bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yes, many report it as spam and have done for years. I report announcement addons as spam outside of raids as well, because some post a lot.
    "Many" is anecdotal regardless of what you want to claim and isn't always as many as you think and reporting something as spam isn't the same as it being reportable. I can report you for saying poop but that doesn't make it reportable in the sense that the word is used.

I was stupidly hoping for comradery amongst gamers.
    and we have it, we just stand on the side of those gamers you pointlesly spammed, rather than on yours...

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post

Not defending the add on because it is in fact unnecessary, but I'm pretty sure it's in /say so you missing the incoming would be on you for somehow not spotting orange vs white text(colorblind mode now exists and most colorblindness can tell the difference). So let's not blame an add on for that as there is next to no way he's killing people that quickly in the number that you would. The log in question was from AV also and the streaks showing aren't that high thus there would be maybe a few on the screen at a time. Try again. It's annoying, yes. Preventing you from playing? No.