Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Way too early to tell. It was basically just released in a minor content patch with a lot of people on hiatus. I think you'll have to wait until you see the typical massive player return in Dragonflight before you can tell if its had an effect.

M+ and PvP communities will be the ones that benefit most from this change. Hardcore raiding scene is unlikely to change at all or stop being Horde dominated unless they do cross-faction or co-faction guilds in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Why would this increase numbers of the alliance? If anything, numbers decrease, because players are no longer forced to stay with the bad faction, just because they want to be able to play with friends.
    I'm confused as to why Alliance numbers would decrease because "players are no longer forced to stay with the bad faction".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    I'm confused as to why Alliance numbers would decrease because "players are no longer forced to stay with the bad faction".
    You can go horde while being able to play with your friends staying alliance.

Think it will depend on if your can progress mythic raids with horde or not. It's hard to tell since they launched it as cross realm was active.

If your locked out... well I think it will still be a benefit just less of one.

Quote Originally Posted by Luck4 View Post
    What created the imbalance was raiding, not Mythic + nor PVP, however, Blizzard added a feature that only solves the problem for Mythic + and PVP, which doesn't make any sense... So, unless they make cross-faction guilds don't expect to see a considerable change anytime soon.

I'm extremely upset by how Blizzard seems to be avoiding talking about cross-faction guilds because I want to go back to Alliance ASAP. However, without cross-faction guilds, I'm still stuck on the Horde, and I feel like the lack of cross-faction guilds is intentional.

I can see a scenario where everything on the game, but guilds, will be cross-faction.
    Of course it’s intentional. Cross faction guilds will be sold as a feature of DF. It has already been shown working, it’s just about flipping a switch now.

I know they said “we will see how the community responds to cross faction before enabling guilds” but that’s just a scapegoat for it to be sold as a basic expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephod View Post
    Horde since TBC. Went alliance to play dwarf in M+ this patch so I an play something that doesn't have a tail. Loving it. No guild, no social stuff. Just being able to be a dwarf and play high keys in pugs.
    I was horde then went alliance in tbc because most people/biggest guilds of the server were there. Then italian server happened, we went in a ghetto, now alliance server is dead and the horde one is somewhat stable on medium pop.

If i have to transfer, i'm going in one of the fullest servers. Horde or alliance doesn't really matter i play belf/velf XD
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Popikaify View Post
    As the title says,is there a way to see H/A ratio ? overall
    What faction merge? Both factions still exist

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Of course it’s intentional. Cross faction guilds will be sold as a feature of DF. It has already been shown working, it’s just about flipping a switch now.

I know they said “we will see how the community responds to cross faction before enabling guilds” but that’s just a scapegoat for it to be sold as a basic expansion.
    Link to Bllizzard's announcement that it will be a feature of DF?

If it was going to be a feature of DF, they would have announced it already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Wasn't the goblin racial pretty much mandatory for mythic raid at some point?
    the tournament is 3v3 arena or mythic dungeon, no raid or 2v2 or anything else
    Also the only 'broken' racial during that era horde had was troll racial for Jaina fight, all else alliance win by small margin
    And the 'snowball' started since wrath when blizz introduced payed character transfer with promise of 'keep eye on it', which of course was bullshit (it was start of activision era) and resulted in most servers became one sided, pve alliance pvp horde (and most servers are pvp)

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    You do realize you can just.. Transfer your character?
    u still will lose many things, transfer isn't 1=1 action, the list of things u lose is a lot, like a cap for money transfer, or alt support for ur main with professions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    it had already started to favour horde, hell it started heavily tilting towards horde back in MoP when trolls had +10% damage to beasts, and there was a raid that was half beasts
    every patch had a favor racial, since cata
    what 'tiped' the scale was no racial for one specific boss of a raid, but simply introduction in their uncontrolled greed of faction transfer as soon activision took control, and since horde were leading world first raids since classic, of course it meant more eyes on horde in general
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Because they can change to Horde now and still play with their friends on alliance side.
    There is no benefit in playing on Alliance side, just a lot for horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Absolutely but the other way around.
    I'd bet money that on the PvE high end more players went alliance due to having more aesthetically appealing races.
    If you want to play PVE high end, you will most likely never switch to alliance, because cross guilds are not a thing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Don't think so. First of all it is still not a full faction merge, secondly this feature was never really meant to increase Alliance population. It was meant to make Alliance PvE experience much better. Maybe balance will shift when we get a full merge in the future.
    Only a tiny minority of people want factions to go away completely. A full merge will never happen, not today, not in 10 years, period.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Only a tiny minority of people want factions to go away completely. A full merge will never happen, not today, not in 10 years, period.
    Years ago I've heard the same thing about any kind of cross-faction play. Fact is we don't know what Blizzard is planning, and once guilds and matchmaking content allow cross-faction (which I personally firmly believe they will, at some point), do factions really matter at all?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    And how do you know it's only a tiny minority? Because for years I heard the opposite from the players fed up with faction imbalance and needing to go Horde for better PvE.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-06-21 at 07:47 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Because they can change to Horde now and still play with their friends on alliance side.
    There is no benefit in playing on Alliance side, just a lot for horde.
    There's a moral benefit in that you're not throwing your lot in with monsters and murderers and generally evil dudes. Oh, and our cities aren't spikes and animal hides.

I've heard of a lot more people switching Alliance now they can play with their friends on Horde than vice versa---the only reason to go Horde is Orc stun reduction anyway, and hopefully that gets nerfed to the ground at some point.