7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Stop defending companies, it's cringe. People have every right to be upset and you should be smart enough to realize that.
    It is acceptable to notoriously hate, but not to defend. Ok.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Worldshaper View Post
    I'm on parental leave in November and December, so for the first time in years I will be able to play the early part of an expansion without having to consider work. :-)
    First Congratulations! Hoping for a safe an effortless delivery!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    People that hate on Blizzard are previous fans, so no, they're not problematic unless you work for Blizzard. It is completely acceptable to hate on a company that have fallen off as hard as they have. Stop defending companies, it's cringe. People have every right to be upset and you should be smart enough to realize that.
    What is cringe is coming up with any excuse to justify hate. There is no need for it. If you no longer enjoy a product then move on. If it hasn't been what you loved for a while then move on. There is no excuse to hate on something that other people enjoy just because you no longer do. You have every right to be upset about it but you should also move on and stop hating on people that still enjoy the product.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

5+ Year Old Account
    This is the power of Optimist Prime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, the weird thing about this is the fact that there's no actual public testing yet, but then again, there's no systems to test. There's not a lot to test. There's the talent trees and Evokers, but that's it. Dragonflight probably requires some testing as well.

Raids and dungeons wont take long.
    Talents will need testing for sure but it's mostly rapid iteration; implement, test, iterate, repeat can happen practically on a weekly basis once alpha starts. Everything else seems reasonably far along; we got a glimpse of every zone and I'd say only Thaldraszus looks like it's somewhat still in-progress. Dracthyr have their customization and Evokers have their abilites. Dragonriding seemed pretty polished to me.

The only thing I'd be concerned about potentially needing more time is the profession rework. It'll likely need rapid iteration like the talents but unlike the talents will also have content tied to it as well.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    Honestly this just confirms to me that they're simply not bothering with systems. Any of them. Current base specs with current mechanics converted to new talent trees is all it will be.
    Which might be a good thing, but I'm worried that even if they don't bother with any of that, Dragonflight won't have enough launch content with only 6 months of dev time left.
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    I am sure there will totally be enough time to test and discuss pvp/dungeons/raids and this point about talents. All DKs will totally not be forced to drop output for AMZ and guardian/feral druids totally will waste a point in interrupt over output.
    Feel like Klaps sums up my worry very well there.

We've seen it time and again that where Class Balance is concerned in new features, they almost always drop the ball because they don't leave enough time to iterate at the end of Beta.

And Talent Trees I'm worried now are going to be the next Conduits, next Azerite Traits, next Artifacts.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We've seen it time and again that where Class Balance is concerned in new features, they almost always drop the ball because they don't leave enough time to iterate at the end of Beta.
    How much time is needed though? Everyone keeps saying how they never leave enough time or things are rushed with out actually defining it. It feels more like people are looking for an excuse then actual concerns of class balance. What if they've done internal "professional" testing instead of relying more on "free" public testing? There also isn't much to iterate here because the talents will either work or they won't and it they are more illusion of choice. It would also be fairly easy to "pull the ripcord" and keep the current talent system since it just requires 3 new talents for each spec.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eeram View Post
    First Congratulations! Hoping for a safe an effortless delivery!
    Oh, the little one is already here. 7 months soon. Wife has been home with him thus far.

Thanks though, appreciate it!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    How much time is needed though? Everyone keeps saying how they never leave enough time or things are rushed with out actually defining it. It feels more like people are looking for an excuse then actual concerns of class balance. What if they've done internal "professional" testing instead of relying more on "free" public testing? There also isn't much to iterate here because the talents will either work or they won't and it they are more illusion of choice. It would also be fairly easy to "pull the ripcord" and keep the current talent system since it just requires 3 new talents for each spec.
    Realistically? If they said "we can get everything tested in 6 months" then give it an extra 2 months. So there's a buffer at the end in case when raid testing starts at the very end numbers crunchers do their thing and discover some talent builds are rediculously broken and things turn absolutely cookie cutter only once raid bosses became available.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of toxic people on this thread is astounding. First you moan and whine because 2 days after Dracthry you didn't have any info about pre-orders or release. A month later you bitched about no pre-order or release date or any blogs. Two months later you bitch about no info, no pre-order, no release, no blogs. Ta-da! Today you get pre-orders and release guesstimate and what happens......you BITCH!!! and bitch and bitch. What is it exactly that you want? They say they're releasing it, you say it's going to be a shit show...because of no alpha (wrong...internal) and no beta...which of course you NEED to be in it...to shit on it some more. A lot of you people are just pitiful...grow up. There are a few of you that are level headed and have been nothing but positive and that's a breath of fresh air. I'll pre-order next week after pay day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Realistically? If they said "we can get everything tested in 6 months" then give it an extra 2 months. So there's a buffer at the end in case when raid testing starts at the very end numbers crunchers do their thing and discover some talent builds are rediculously broken and things turn absolutely cookie cutter only once raid bosses became available.
    The goal of the talent system isn't to stop things from becoming cookie cutter though and it doesn't take long to balance numbers or find outliers.

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    The amount of toxic people on this thread is astounding.
    That's all this site is.

Man I do not care for those wings. Disappointed.

What could have been.

I just came here to laugh at all the delusionals who thought the xpac will come out March+ 2023.

So, LOL. ROFL. LMAO. Better luck next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Told you expac is coming out this year
    Called it.

Also, bought 5 epic preorder :3

the wings are ugly, the mount is bae

Homophobia is so gay.

The wings would be way better if they were bigger and longer.

It's not about time, but about them listening to feedback. Most concern are usually raised early on during testing, blizzard usually just doesn't listen to them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    The wings would be way better if they were bigger and longer.
    I wonder if enough criticism could lead them to scale them up a bit. It seemingly worked on the death elemental for season 4, so who knows (and unlike Dracthyr QQ, it's actually warranted this time lol).

#TEAMGIRAFFE

It's interesting how despite the new race/class being a big part of the expansion, they're not featured in any of the promotional screenshots for the pre-order, and we've still yet to get a blog post about their customization.

I'm really starting to wonder if something is up with them, maybe they're getting reworked?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    It's interesting how despite the new race/class being a big part of the expansion, they're not featured in any of the promotional screenshots for the pre-order, and we've still yet to get a blog post about their customization.

I'm really starting to wonder if something is up with them, maybe they're getting reworked?

That's a fair observation. It could be that... or it could be that Blizzard is aware that a large and vocal group of WoW players dislike what Dracthyr at this current time, and they want to keep them away from promotional stuff until maybe closer to release. I'd assume an aesthetic rework is in the works.