Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    "Many" is anecdotal regardless of what you want to claim and isn't always as many as you think and reporting something as spam isn't the same as it being reportable. I can report you for saying poop but that doesn't make it reportable in the sense that the word is used.
    Multiple posting of an automated message is spam, whether you paint it differently or not. We're not talking about someone saying "poop", or "dude" but an automated addon announcing the actions of the player in public. The fact that the addon automatically is sending the text without the player prompting it to do so, is an issue in the ToS. Now, see the player continues to send out automated messages, then we're at the peak of, "That is definitely spam". There is a reason for my statement of, "I would report it if it was in the open, unlike in raids, where I couldn't be bothered".
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a week ban for that addon that says on chat when idiots get hit by a frontal in M+.
    Guess the idiots got offended by the shitton of "player X got hit by Y for Z damage".

btw in case you don't know, every frontal is avoidable, hence why the addon exists, if you're pushing keys you can't have people that can't even avoid a frontal. At high keys it's insta kill.

What is truly baffling here is that in order for it to get to this point the OP would have been silenced multiple times and banned at least twice before.

OP, your add on is spam. Nobody likes it. Stop using it because the next step after a three week ban is account closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Hi, I have been suspended for 3 weeks (9 days left on the suspension) since in the past I got into fights in BGs. Never insulting, just discussing about topics like "don't go stables. don't go docks, run with orbs in mid" etc.

When I got suspended I didn't even appeal. Then I saw the preoder today and wanted to buy it, but you cannot on an account. So I looked at the chat log.

Here is the chat log:

--- snip ---

That is the kill counter addon which I have been using since classic .. I think.
    "Sapped" is from the addons"SaySapped", and "Use your toy" referd to the teleport-to-base in Alterac Valley.

This is a suspension now?

I hope I get a reasonable GM to overturn the suspension, I wanted to buy the epic Df preorder since I am a tmog and mount collector.
    Ill give you a clue, that addon is obnoxious. It is the reason you got banned.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-06-21 at 08:00 PM.

Not defending the add on because it is in fact unnecessary, but I'm pretty sure it's in /say so you missing the incoming would be on you for somehow not spotting orange vs white text(colorblind mode now exists and most colorblindness can tell the difference). So let's not blame an add on for that as there is next to no way he's killing people that quickly in the number that you would. The log in question was from AV also and the streaks showing aren't that high thus there would be maybe a few on the screen at a time. Try again. It's annoying, yes. Preventing you from playing? No.
    its kinda of hard to spot orange test in a sea of ever increasing white text, spam is still spam regardless and its ruing peoples ability to communicate

Okay, so next time somebody lands a killing blow on me, I report them for harassment since it diminishes my gameplay experience?
    Stop being obtuse. This has nothing to do with you killing people, but your addons spamming chat which can make communication difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    its kinda of hard to spot orange test in a sea of ever increasing white text, spam is still spam regardless and its ruing peoples ability to communicate
    It really isn't. It stands out and it wouldn't be a sea as I literally explained, but apparently you didn't even look at the OP or you have your chat box small enough to only allow 2 lines. That wouldn't be a sea of text though would it. So once again, annoying, yes. Ruining your ability to communicate? No that's a you issue not the add on. I mean at that rate I'd suggest you'd have a problem with people having a conversation in the bg chat which honestly WOULD make it harder due to the same color text, but I doubt you'd demand they get banned for talking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Ill give you a clue, that addon is obnoxious. It is the reason you got banned.
    If the add on is the problem the add on should be banned not the player. At the very least they should have emailed him saying to remove it. Thus it wasn't the add on OR it was a ban simply done by machine which they've been known to do and it could be appealed. I'm leaning towards he did something else that he's leaving out. They can easily include in a ban if done by a human "delete the add on" if that was a problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you spammed the chat

good riddance
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    What is truly baffling here is that in order for it to get to this point the OP would have been silenced multiple times and banned at least twice before.

OP, your add on is spam. Nobody likes it. Stop using it because the next step after a three week ban is account closure.
    That most certainly will not happen from an add on that is simply chat based. Should we also ban people who have the eating add ons? I don't like seeing 50 of those pop up....

Chat restrict him if anything, but a ban from that is ludicrous. There are so many other ways to deal with the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the add on is the problem the add on should be banned not the player. At the very least they should have emailed him saying to remove it. Thus it wasn't the add on OR it was a ban simply done by machine which they've been known to do and it could be appealed. I'm leaning towards he did something else that he's leaving out. They can easily include in a ban if done by a human "delete the add on" if that was a problem.
    Well, you normally don't get cuddled when you use automated addons in general. As well, the player has to have had prior strikes on the account to reach 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

That most certainly will not happen from an add on that is simply chat based. Should we also ban people who have the eating add ons? I don't like seeing 50 of those pop up....

Chat restrict him if anything, but a ban from that is ludicrous. There are so many other ways to deal with the problem.
    The person has had previous account strikes to reach 3 weeks. You don't get to 3 weeks just for a first offense spam strike - unless you're a gold seller or something shady.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It really isn't. It stands out and it wouldn't be a sea as I literally explained, but apparently you didn't even look at the OP or you have your chat box small enough to only allow 2 lines. That wouldn't be a sea of text though would it. So once again, annoying, yes. Ruining your ability to communicate? No that's a you issue not the add on. I mean at that rate I'd suggest you'd have a problem with people having a conversation in the bg chat which honestly WOULD make it harder due to the same color text, but I doubt you'd demand they get banned for talking.
    i dono if there's a proximity thing for it triggering it may not be that bad in paces like ab but imagine taking that addon into av and if you mange to get a head and you trap the opposing faction then that addon could be going off every second its impossible to keep an eye on chat at that point. im not going to sit here and advocate a spamming addon. it ruins player experience otherwise he wouldn't have gotten a ban. imo there's nothing else to discuss here, we as his team don't need to know his kill streak in a bg of we want to know how active he is we got a score board for that we don't need nor want a narration of it.

seems like spamming is ruining player experience and those addon seem to have found a way to by pass the rules that were put in pace

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Multiple posting of an automated message is spam, whether you paint it differently or not. We're not talking about someone saying "poop", or "dude" but an automated addon announcing the actions of the player in public. The fact that the addon automatically is sending the text without the player prompting it to do so, is an issue in the ToS. Now, see the player continues to send out automated messages, then we're at the peak of, "That is definitely spam". There is a reason for my statement of, "I would report it if it was in the open, unlike in raids, where I couldn't be bothered".
    And yet you didn't address either of my points. 1: Subjective, anecdotal definition of "many" reporting and 2: Just because you report it doesn't mean that they agree

I guess BG timers are spam right? I guess the food add ons are spam right? They happen on a set trigger just like the one the OP had. If the guy below you is telling the truth that he got a ban from failure damage announcement in m+ it's literally insane, but I wonder if you think that's spam as it is just as unneeded as the OP's. You'll agree it is just to save face though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i dono if there's a proximity thing for it triggering it may not be that bad in paces like ab but imagine taking that addon into av and if you mange to get a head and you trap the opposing faction then that addon could be going off every second its impossible to keep an eye on chat at that point. im not going to sit here and advocate a spamming addon. it ruins player experience otherwise he wouldn't have gotten a ban. imo there's nothing else to discuss here, we as his team don't need to know his kill streak in a bg of we want to know how active he is we got a score board for that we don't need nor want a narration of it.

seems like spamming is ruing player experience and those addon seem to have found a way to by pass the rules that were put in pace
    You haven't played AV in ages if you think that matters. Much less it is in fact as I said usually in /say which is like a 40 yard radius or so and massive kill spams would only happen in places where a massive fight is going on thus you wouldn't be able to or really should be able to go do something that matters in terms of saving an objective because you're probably slowed and most definitely in combat thus can't get there anyway.

And your final statement is just hilarious. The add on isn't bypassing anything. You can literally type as fast as it says things. You literally are just showing me you didn't look at the OP and you have maybe seen 1 person ever with the add on. I mean this whole post is just you showing that you are arguing against both a situation you're unfamiliar with and an add on you're vaguely familiar with.

No, never.

I am pretty sure somebody who I killed ingame got angry, maybe lost a 1vs1. With the new contract it is best not to chat at all, not even "LM inc 3", some may consider this spam. Technically a "Hello" in a M+ doesn't convey any useful information and may be considered spam.
    No. Its because its spam. Now Blizzard finally have a system that takes care of the reports. Its annoying having that in chat when doing BGs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, you normally don't get cuddled when you use automated addons in general. As well, the player has to have had prior strikes on the account to reach 3 weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

The person has had previous account strikes to reach 3 weeks. You don't get to 3 weeks just for a first offense spam strike - unless you're a gold seller or something shady.
    You don't get 3 weeks for an add on unless it was done by a machine. You wouldn't even get a ban for that in normal circumstances so I'm still leaning towards he left something out or is flat out lying. The way it worked the last I recall them talking about it was that if enough people report you for spam you literally cannot type in public channels (say, trade, general etc) for a set amount of time and it is in fact completely monitored by machine. There isn't a GM taking in spam reports. Hell there isn't even a GM looking at report advertisement in LFG I'd wager(that I'm not sure of but fairly certain) and it is also run by X reports results in action(action there may drastically differ as boosting is illegal in game now and probably considered way more heinous).

OP either left something out like a slur or something or is flat out lying about why they got the ban.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    No. Its because its spam. Now Blizzard finally have a system that takes care of the reports. Its annoying having that in chat when doing BGs.
    Ok so I guess any automated message from an add on you don't have is spam because that's all it is. They literally fit the exact same definition. So let's ban people from failure reporting add ons, "I'm eating" add ons and macros, and DBM target announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    there is HUGE difference between one msg and TWENTY EIGHT!!!
    in random bg polluting chat like this, which might result in some important msg getting lost in the see of pointless bullshit is definitely spam and you well deserved the ban...

and sorry, there is a tab for kills and deaths and other things, people who want to know will check that, this addon isnt so others know, its to stroke YOUR EGO, so keep that to yourself, nobody cares... or dont, and get banned again, your choice
    I mean... you understand that is probably a chat log from the whole BG over like 10-20 minutes and the guy didn't do 28 kills in a minute flooding chat right?

I think some context is missing, like timestamps or if this was in /s, /p, /i, or /y. I don't really see an issue with this, I've seen much worse spam, and if this is in a BG then the other team can't see what's being said anyway right? That kills any harassment argument, and if it's 1-3 messages a minute that's a pretty hard sell for spam depending on which chat it's going in. I would rather just /ignore than /report but people would rather have big brother handle it than manage their own life.

TBH, if you play PvP in any game and expect no toxicity at all you're doing it wrong. PvP is the most anger inducing thing you can do in any game that has PvP.

edit: if you want to use this same argument for addon spam, how long until people start getting bans for DBM or BigWigs spamming chat?
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2022-06-21 at 07:57 PM.

Ok so I guess any automated message from an add on you don't have is spam because that's all it is. They literally fit the exact same definition. So let's ban people from failure reporting add ons, "I'm eating" add ons and macros, and DBM target announcement.
    If someone has an addon that says;
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"
    "Im eating"

while taking up the whole chatbox, then yes, its spam.

10+ Year Old Account
    And yet you didn't address either of my points. 1: Subjective, anecdotal definition of "many" reporting and 2: Just because you report it doesn't mean that they agree
    Right, so, you're missing a few points. Blizzard's system runs on the number of reports, you aren't struck just for 1 person clicking "Report spam", nor two. There needs more reaction, and the punishment just gets worse the more account actions there are.

I guess BG timers are spam right?
    Does it repeatedly spam within a window of time?
    Is it fully automated?
    Or are we talking about the BG timers that addons like DBM have, which demand a player to prompt for it to be displayed? A message displayed by the player's prompt to do so is not caught at automation.

I guess the food add ons are spam right?
    Does it repeatedly spam within a window of time?
    Is it fully automated?

They happen on a set trigger just like the one the OP had.
    I do not know what a "Food add on" is, but I am guessing it is to make a message when you place food? As in, does it need your interaction to get permission to display the message?

If the guy below you is telling the truth that he got a ban from failure damage announcement in m+ it's literally insane, but I wonder if you think that's spam as it is just as unneeded as the OP's. You'll agree it is just to save face though.
    There is a difference between people's reactions within a small group (Dungeons) and larger groups (Battlegrounds). The smaller group only has 4 others, and people don't always seem to care when posted there, the larger ones have a minimum of 19 other people who is going to see this repeating message in the BG, whether chat translates it or not, they are going to have it spammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    I mean... you understand that is probably a chat log from the whole BG over like 10-20 minutes and the guy didn't do 28 kills in a minute flooding chat right?

I think some context is missing, like timestamps or if this was in /s, /p, /i, or /y. I don't really see an issue with this, I've seen much worse spam, and if this is in a BG then the other team can't see what's being said anyway right? That kills any harassment argument, and if it's 1-3 messages a minute that's a pretty hard sell for spam depending on which chat it's going in. I would rather just /ignore than /report but people would rather have big brother handle it than manage their own life.

TBH, if you play PvP in any game and expect no toxicity at all you're doing it wrong. PvP is the most anger inducing thing you can do in any game that has PvP.
    Meh, thats what I do. I just /ignore those that have it and move on. Personally, I dont really find it report worthy anyway. Annoying yes, so I just /ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This is not the place to discuss official Blizzard bans or other account actions, as nothing about your story can be verified and no remedies are available here. If you have further issues, please contact Blizzard's official support apparatus. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead