Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Not even in official alpha, but going for a release in the next six months. Oof. Big no on the pre order

10+ Year Old Account
    Be sure you really know which version you do want to eventually buy. Just like with Shadowlands, they will not offer an actual refund should you decide to change your mind on which package. Just feel that should be emphasized.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Please note, if you originally bought a lower-priced edition and then upgraded to a higher-priced edition, you will be credited based on the original purchase only.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2022-06-21 at 07:27 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have to say that dragon mount looks pretty sweet. The branch like horns and leaves on the wings is a nice touch.

A bit worried about the early release however.

There isn't even a F&F alpha out yet, and no words on a beta. I would extremely surprised if they actually release it this year.

If they do, it'll 100% be a rushed expansion.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Ah, damn... here I was thinking this was going to be different but they just decided to rush it for money.... of course.

They really want to ruin themselves as much as possible before they get fully bought by Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    The expansion has next to nothing in it, it's not rushed lol. This is the smallest expansion they've done in a while
    It has everything in it a massive expansion is going to have tho? Brand new overhaul of the profession system? Brand new class and race combo? Of which they are introducing an entirely new type of attack that has never been in wow? Obv new zones/raids/etc. A massive overhaul of talents that need to be balanced out? A brand new feature like dragon riding? What on earth is possessing you guys to say that this expansion barely has anything in it?

Was kinda hoping it would be like Legion and we'd get early access to the new class a week or two early, but that wouldn't make sense lore-wise.

7+ Year Old Account
    They don't even have the alpha up but you can already throw them money

Pre Orders are a mistake
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

So, pre-launch event starts next Tuesday (exaggerated, but not by much)? Either that or they are scrapping the pre-launch transition between SL and DF.

That’s not unrealistic considering you’re not getting all the content at the start anyways. They’re gating dungeons that should be there on release. You’re only getting 4 new dungeons out of the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    That’s not unrealistic considering you’re not getting all the content at the start anyways. They’re gating dungeons that should be there on release. You’re only getting 4 new dungeons out of the gate.
    That's just for M+. Unless something changes all 8 new dungeons should be available on N and H at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    What do you mean you'll still be surprised? They legally HAVE to release it on 2022 now so be surprised now instead.
    That’s not how that works, why do people always say this everytime something gets announced?

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    They scrapped at least one patch for SL so it's likelly they've been working on this a lot longer than we thought.
    Maybe they will just be revamping the talent trees, add "how to train your dragon" features and just develop new story+zones+raids+dungeons and it's all done.
    Are we talking about the same Blizzard here? Ya know the one that has ruined everything for a few years now?

I mean there is very little new or creative/complex features in DF but if they put this out in the next 5 months its simply a money grab before Microsoft acquires them. Its gonna be sooo bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    People acting like they're not going to buy Dragonflight.

Meanwhile, they're reaching for their credit cards or WoW Tokens so they can get the new shinies from pre-ordering

Quote Originally Posted by flan1337 View Post
    Seriously $15 shipping from the gear store? Anyone know if this will come out on amazon?
    It always did so far, so I don't think it will be any different this time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

Meanwhile, they're reaching for their credit cards or WoW Tokens so they can get the new shinies from pre-ordering
    Yeah, most people in this forum are either lying that they won't preorder or if they aren't lying, it just shows even more just how small the "WoW Community" actually really is. Pretty much an echo chamber compared to the actual WoW playerbase.

Pretty shocked to read this, was expecting a Spring 2023 release, like April / May time frame next year. But I suppose if it's just mainly the class talent trees being redone, which is a great thing, but that's about all that's coming at release, and of course the new zones and new capital city, but that's standard new expansion stuff, that they always have ready for every new expansion.

If it does release in Nov / Dec, I bet a lot of content is delayed and not there at launch, like the new Raids, half the new dungeons, and a ton of time gating stuff for things not yet ready at release. So yeah technically they can release Dragonflight before the end of the year easy this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    That’s not how that works, why do people always say this everytime something gets announced?
    Correct, they have to ship within 12 months from today because of a law in Europe, I think Germany has it, not sure about other countries.

Edit: Companies cannot sell pre-orders without firm release date set prior to the announcement.
    Last edited by Raxacorico; 2022-06-21 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

I mean, the only thing you technically get from pre-ordering is that fugly pet.

Everything else you can buy or upgrade to get at any time. Not everyone is impulsive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    and of course the new zones and new capital city, but that's standard new expansion stuff, that they always have ready for every new expansion.
    Except WoD. Anyone else remember Bladespire Citadel? Big sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems to be rushed to have something in the 4th quarter. True enough though that no one here has any idea whatsoever about how far along they are.

I won't tell anyone what to do but I never pre-order with digital downloads. I've never regretted that. You likely won't either.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."