Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    while this feels rushed, its the team that does filler expansions (WoD/BFA). so its not a huge expansion like MoP/legion or what SL was supposed to be before they abandoned ship and started dragonflight.

i would say its way rushed, but they dropped all progress on an entire tier in SL to start dragonflight sooner, its apparent.
    also, what they showed of DF, its looks much further along than most of their mid tier expansion work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    How crazy would it be if they did like FFXIV and have literally no beta?

They would never ofc. They don't have the QA people to do that.
    But they do, its called NA Players
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell are back cloak xmogs?

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    It's six months from release without a beta in sight. That release date is batshit.
    You do not need a beta test if there is nothing to test

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Surprised to see people whining about a rushed expansion, as if we havent been whining about them taking too long for the past whoever knows how long
    Different people. Some people want things as fast as possible. Others prefer they take their time and polish it.

Just like when Shadowlands was delayed some people freaked out and others said Blizzard should take as long as the game needs to be ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayde69 View Post
    It’s as if there are different people with different opinions. Crazy
    Oh please, this is beyond opinion at this point. The community has been toxic regarding anything in-game related for more than half a decade now. What surprises me the most is why they're still here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    How crazy would it be if they did like FFXIV and have literally no beta?

They would never ofc. They don't have the QA people to do that.
    It would be nice tbh.

Destiny 2 does this and they actually tried sometbing new with their new season that just came out. They gave us NO information about it at all. The extent of information would be like if wow was releasing a new expansion and they wrote on Twitter “their will be a new raid and a new class”.

The hype was actually a lot of fun the day of logging in and knowing absolutely nothing and going in completely fresh.

Updated UI as a bulleted new feature is just hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    "yes milk dumbfucks till cow is dead" - Blizzard
    Milking myself presently.
    I saved up for a week, this'll likely be a big one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    People acting like they're not going to buy Dragonflight.

Meanwhile, they're reaching for their credit cards or WoW Tokens so they can get the new shinies from pre-ordering
    This is going to be the first xpac i dont buy. Ill continue to play classic because its better

10+ Year Old Account
    I would imagine that, despite years of cynicism built up by the community, if Blizzard had more to show and share in regards to Dragonflight apart from the initial reveal (which was bare bones in comparison to previous expansion reveals) and the very little information that has come out since... people would be more receptive to this announcement.

Somebody on the previous (or couple) page(s) ago said it best for me: "too little revealed, too little shown, too soon announced" and that cynicism is in full swing right now.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Where does it say this year? I don't see it anywhere in their official release.

EDIT: Looks like another two major patch expansion in the works at this rate. I guess this is their new cycle from Shadowlands going forward...

EDIT2: I found it.
    World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight™ will be available on or before December 31, 2022. To learn more, visit the expansion’s official website at https://dragonflight.blizzard.com.
    Last edited by The Stormbringer; 2022-06-21 at 08:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if Blizzard made it so you had to have most recent expansion to play Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I would imagine that, despite years of cynicism built up by the community, if Blizzard had more to show and share in regards to Dragonflight apart from the initial reveal (which was bare bones in comparison to previous expansion reveals) and the very little information that has come out since... people would be more receptive to this announcement.

Somebody on the previous (or couple) page(s) ago said it best for me: "too little revealed, too little shown, too soon announced" and that cynicism is in full swing right now.
    Honestly, that’s not even the issue. There are companies who literally don’t announce anything, don’t reveal anything, and don’t show anything at all when it comes to major updates and expansions and the communities do get crazy hyped but they are alright with it because they trust those companies to release great products. (Bungi for example)

The issue is blizzard can’t be trusted. And this isn’t just random cynicism for no reason. Even when they have betas going on for a long time they release terrible systems and even during the betas when players are doing nothing but complaining and telling blizzard they need to fix XYZ they never do. They release it anyway. It doesn’t get fixed until the last patch of the expansion. And people get upset. That’s why when it comes to rushing a product, blizzard holds a reputation that they earned that it’s going to be a bad thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The mount doesn't match the disney like dragons in the expansion. Art direction is so fucking weird with this game.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, Shadowlands base edition was dropped down to $39.99, but they're kicking it back up to $49.99 for Dragonflight?

Why are so many people focusing on when they announced the expansions, when all that really matters is how long it conceivably could have been in development before the announcement. Every single expansion blizzard has released has always been out approximately 2 years after the previous one.

TBC released January 2007
    WotLK released November 2008
    Cataclysm released December 2010
    MoP released September 2012
    WoD released November 2014
    Legion released August 2016
    BFA released August 2018
    Shadowlands released November 2020

With Dragonfllight having this release window it will, surprise surprise, be right around 2 years since Shadowlands came out too. These are all the expansions, the ones people both consider terrible and great, and they all had near identical release windows. Claiming that Dragonflight will be rushed based on these tendecies, completely regardless of when it was announced or not, is being willfully ignorant of when expansions released in the past.
    Last edited by Draenox; 2022-06-21 at 09:09 PM.

I'm being told by the site that I'm not eligible for the epic version because I already own the heroic Shadowlands copy. Did I miss where it said I'll still get the additional items/game time since I have those already?

It is a very logical business decision. If they only release 10.0 in 2023 and leave another recycled season 4 for over 6 months, they are suiciding.

No matter if 10.0 is rushed, Blizzard has to release them this year.

*World of Warcraft®: Dragonflight will be available on or before December 31, 2022.
    Wasn't BFA or warcraft refunded suppose to release on or before December but delayed and it turned out to be complete shit?

https://blizzardwatch.com/2019/12/17...-release-date/

Some said it feels rushed