Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Price of WoW token on EU

I checked the WoW token on the auction house today and it was 330K??? The hell??? Is it that expensive on US-servers too?? This price is just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    Is it that expensive on US-servers too?? This price is just ridiculous.
    No, it is not. And yes, it is, but for a good reason. And you know why.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    No, it is not. And yes, it is, but for a good reason. And you know why.
    Please do enlighten me, because I don't know.

Expansion preorder and sales drive up token via gold therefore demand for the token is higher thus price heightens. Itll go back down here soon as the demand for the high gold will be bought with real money thus supply will be higher driving down the price. Its not hard to figure it out really.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

10+ Year Old Account
    Low supply. High demand likely due to WoW preorders.

Prices worldwide can be found here: https://wowanalytica.com/wowtokenprices

It's been on a steady climb the last 24 hours. Time of day matters, sometimes a lot.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Low supply. High demand likely due to WoW preorders.

Prices worldwide can be found here: https://wowanalytica.com/wowtokenprices

It's been on a steady climb the last 24 hours. Time of day matters, sometimes a lot.
    Last week it was also over 300K gold, before the release date of DF was announced. How much are they on US servers?

Edit: sorry didn't see the link you wrote.

I checked the WoW token on the auction house today and it was 330K??? The hell??? Is it that expensive on US-servers too?? This price is just ridiculous.
    because you need what 7 tokens to buy epic edition for gold ? thats why

7+ Year Old Account
    in immortal you can buy stuff via bnet balance as well i believe so yeh that contributed as well

i bought 10 tokens back when 9.2 launched for for ~255k each.
    the price usually drops when theres a new expac or major patch, because thats when players need gold in game.
    the price goes up when theres no content and few need gold.
    the price spikes up whenever theres something we can buy with bnet balance (gold), like this pre-purchase or some other new game release.

im guessing that the price will drop back down to 300+ within a week.
    Last edited by mojusk; 2022-06-22 at 12:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Supply is not following demand, so, the price is going up, up, up!

Wish the token was just an NPC-generated item permitting the player to exchange 250-300k gold for a token that can be redeemed for game time or battle.net currency.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Wish the token was just an NPC-generated item permitting the player to exchange 250-300k gold for a token that can be redeemed for game time or battle.net currency.
    That would cause RMT to skyrocket and bring back gold sellers. Probably not something Blizzard is interested in inviting back to the game.

Nice to hear that prices go up. Guess its time to stockpile my gold in preparation of DF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    That would cause RMT to skyrocket and bring back gold sellers. Probably not something Blizzard is interested in inviting back to the game.
    RMT is already steady, even with tokens, and we're at a point where players are abusing the existence of tokens with boosting (as we know), and GDKP runs, so one would just wonder. The RMT didn't disappear, it dipped and leveled out. Just, as a user of the token myself (for use when making roleplay events mostly), we start to see that people just shrug and expect that a higher price is a solution for the token.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    RMT is already steady, even with tokens, and we're at a point where players are abusing the existence of tokens with boosting (as we know), and GDKP runs, so one would just wonder. The RMT didn't disappear, it dipped and leveled out. Just, as a user of the token myself (for use when making roleplay events mostly), we start to see that people just shrug and expect that a higher price is a solution for the token.
    I understand the motive behind your suggestion but it kind of undermines the whole purpose of the token. The token is intended to be a free market avenue for Blizzard to allow players to trade the already-existing gold in the economy for something RMT-adjacent without risk. Your suggestion would make the token essentially a gold sink, which, while I would support it from that angle, would leave a lot of people who use the token for something non-boosting related up shit's creek unless they bought it through a gold seller. This may cause the short-term visibility of boosting to diminish initially but I doubt it'd have a huge impact long-term as people would still find ways to get boosted. (Much like how boosting communities were "banned" but are, for whatever reason, still extremely popular on Discord.)

330k? Psh... bought battle.net €250 worth of Tokens back when they were 360k'ish... hindsight is a bitch when price dropped by 100+k. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    330k? Psh... bought battle.net €250 worth of Tokens back when they were 360k'ish... hindsight is a bitch when price dropped by 100+k. XD
    Bought 10 when they were 100k each back when they were released. Now I miss those prices, haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I understand the motive behind your suggestion but it kind of undermines the whole purpose of the token. The token is intended to be a free market avenue for Blizzard to allow players to trade the already-existing gold in the economy for something RMT-adjacent without risk. Your suggestion would make the token essentially a gold sink, which, while I would support it from that angle, would leave a lot of people who use the token for something non-boosting related up shit's creek unless they bought it through a gold seller. This may cause the short-term visibility of boosting to diminish initially but I doubt it'd have a huge impact long-term as people would still find ways to get boosted. (Much like how boosting communities were "banned" but are, for whatever reason, still extremely popular on Discord.)
    I know, the token as I keep calling it, was a necessary evil, and now we feel what it has made in the attempt of preventing what was happening. Just puts one to think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Americans pay to win a lot more than Europeans in all games.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

People are holding back with time investments until expansion release. I'm also in this group due to not game related things.

If I was active - I would spend money and stock up few millions, before the usual 150K.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-06-22 at 09:34 AM.

Content drought, Diablo Immortal and the latest - DF pre-order available. Many people are like monkeys ... they hear the pre-order is out and must have it right away ... just in case Blizzard runs out of "keys" and it won't be available anymore when it releases until a restock happens.

Price will most likely go down again when a new tier/expansion is close and the top guilds need A TON of gold to buy items/consumables.

The difference between EU and US is caused by the fact that EU has poorer countries and less people willing to just pay their way through the game.