View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    That's a fine reason to buy it when it's released. Not a good reason to pre-order it 6 months early.

It's not a kickstarter. Blizzard doesn't need an influx of funds to complete the game. Opening pre-orders this far in advance is just a marketing ploy to sucker fanboys with no self control. This way they can see nice little earnings boosts for Q2 and Q3 instead of banking on it all coming in during a Q4 release following two lackluster quarters. There's no scarcity for the digital version. Everyone who buys it the day of release will enjoy it for just as long as all the lemmings that are pre-ordering it now.
    But what about the other lemmings that just follow the Hate Bandwagon of "ERMERGERD ITS RUSHED"

there's literally no downside to pre-ordering if you know you're going to be playing the fuck out of it.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I can save you some time, you will not be able to play Evoker in S4.... I mean in what world do you even have that expectation lol.
    Where did i say I expected it? I was making a point.
    If I pre order now, or the day before launch, I get exactly the same thing. So why spend money 6 months advance for a game that’s not even in Alpha yet.

If Evoker was playable in S4, it’s an incentive for customers to pre-order. Similar to how some other game give founders packs or other benefits to those who pre order.

Reality of course, is that Evoker will likely launch in the pre-patch so perhaps I’ll pre-order then.

It’s not like the old days where pre-ordering was all but required to secure a collectors edition box. These are digital copies, you could pre order today, the day before launch, or 2 years after launch. Same game, same benefits, same price.
    So why pay early?
    Just my 2c
    Last edited by Dakara; 2022-06-22 at 05:32 AM.

Will wait to play beta. I've gotten in the second or third wave most times. I need to actually see a plan shadow lands with its incomplete raids and horrible design burnt through my trust.

That said I don't really know of an mmo I would want to head to... might just go back to survival sand boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    But what about the other lemmings that just follow the Hate Bandwagon of "ERMERGERD ITS RUSHED"

there's literally no downside to pre-ordering if you know you're going to be playing the fuck out of it.
    What about them? I don't care about anyone's opinions as to whether the expansion looks great, looks like shit, is rushed, is perfect, or whatever. I'm strictly talking about pre-ordering as a marketing tactic.

And yes, there is a downside. You're paying money for a product without receiving said product. There are times when pre-ordering can have a legitimate purpose, such as allowing a company to gauge and plan out their production needs based on demand, but that is completely irrelevant in cases like this of pre-ordering a digital product. This is a transaction that should be (and will be upon release) immediate. By pre-ordering you are benefiting the company at no real benefit to yourself as a consumer.

Honestly, it's a bizarre mentality. That people are SO into just the idea of the product that they can't help themselves and are willing to pay money for something that doesn't even exist yet rather than just wait till they can pay and immediately receive what they want.

Unless the expansion's beta turns to be extraordinarily underwhelming, I am sure that 99% of all people who picked NO will still buy the expansion regardless. It doesn't matter in the end if you preorder it now or on launch day, but they'll buy it and Blizzard knows.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    In a post WC3 reforged environment... this post is kind of hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about them? I don't care about anyone's opinions as to whether the expansion looks great, looks like shit, is rushed, is perfect, or whatever. I'm strictly talking about pre-ordering as a marketing tactic.

And yes, there is a downside. You're paying money for a product without receiving said product. There are times when pre-ordering can have a legitimate purpose, such as allowing a company to gauge and plan out their production needs based on demand, but that is completely irrelevant in cases like this of pre-ordering a digital product. This is a transaction that should be (and will be upon release) immediate. By pre-ordering you are benefiting the company at no real benefit to yourself as a consumer.

Honestly, it's a bizarre mentality. That people are SO into just the idea of the product that they can't help themselves and are willing to pay money for something that doesn't even exist yet rather than just wait till they can pay and immediately receive what they want.
    Uh, what if you want to play with the pre-order perks, like the new mount, the pet, or the transmogs?

15+ Year Old Account
    Yep, ill pre order, but not now.
    I dont like to park my money @ others.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Already bought the epic bundle. The wings aren't really my taste but I love the mount and murlocdragon pet and boosted a warlock to funnel mission tables for gold.

Cant wait to see more talent trees/info on Evoker.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    In a post WC3 reforged environment... this post is kind of hilarious.

I have literally never played a WoW expansion launch that was not fun for at least a few months. Your mileage may vary but I have zero doubts the launch will be fun for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Uh, what if you want to play with the pre-order perks, like the new mount, the pet, or the transmogs?
    Then Blizzard successfully tempted you into helping them pad out their more immediate quarterly results.

It's a bit silly to say you want to "play" with those things since none of them actually affect game play in anyway. They're just another set of cosmetics to add to the pile. And they're not really "pre-order perks" since everyone who buys the expansion at the same level after release will receive them as well. The only "perk" is an extra few months of access to them, but that seems like pretty small peanuts when you're paying money that should presumably get you an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then Blizzard successfully tempted you into helping them pad out their more immediate quarterly results.

It's a bit silly to say you want to "play" with those things since none of them actually affect game play in anyway.
    Why is that silly? Some people simply want to ride into a new area in a new dragon mount or want to look cool in their new transmog. Yeah, it may not affect the gameplay, but it can affect someone's enjoyment of the game. FYI, that's also important within the realm of gaming.

They're just another set of cosmetics to add to the pile.
    Some folks like cosmetics. Just because you don't care about them doesn't mean that they don't matter to other players.

And they're not really "pre-order perks" since everyone who buys the expansion at the same level after release will receive them as well.
    And some folks rather get the perks now than later. Again, nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-06-22 at 06:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preordered. Even though SL was pretty mediocre, I still had fun since I play with friends. My friends will play in DF, thus so will I. Plus the bonuses are nice. Really fucking cheap as well if one considers how many hours I get out of this game.

Those of you saying you'll pre-order until the "last hour before launch"; doesn't matter. You'll be part of the same statistics as those of us preordering now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Unless the expansion's beta turns to be extraordinarily underwhelming, I am sure that 99% of all people who picked NO will still buy the expansion regardless. It doesn't matter in the end if you preorder it now or on launch day, but they'll buy it and Blizzard knows.
    I mean the fact that people who strongly dislike the game are still on these forums talking about it constantly shows that addiction is real - and we'll see them ingame in DF 100%.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I mean the fact that people who strongly dislike the game are still on these forums talking about it constantly shows that addiction is real - and we'll see them ingame in DF 100%.
    It's real funny watching certain posters trying to attack players who have decided to pre-order, and are actually looking forward to the expansion.

Misery loves company I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Some folks like cosmetics. Just because you don't care about them doesn't mean that they don't matter to other players.

And some folks rather get the perks now than later. Again, nothing wrong with that.
    On the contrary, transmogs and mounts are some of the biggest reasons I kept playing the game from Legion onward. Again, it comes down to self control and not getting duped by a marketing scheme just because of FOMO. Blizzard could just as easily offer these cosmetics at a fraction of the price of the expansion with the remainder due when the product is complete, but they know they can get the FULL amount out of you NOW because your impatience overrides your consumer sensibilities. You seem to have convinced yourself that you're getting your money's worth when it's clear as day that you're not getting the full product for the price you paid.

No idea, yet, if I even want to buy it.

But for everyone who is still raiding, I'd say there is a 100% chance that it will have a decent amount of raids in it. Which should be enough to make it worth your while, no matter how shit all the player retention bullshit mechanics around the actual game are (world quests, azerite power, time gates and so on and so on).

So preordering it feels less like betting on some company not being shit (which you should never do) and more like paying your raid tax. Doesn't really matter if you pay it now or in a year.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    DF releases later this year and preorders are up with several options available. After two unpopular expansions, many are reconsidering to pre-order early and wait until the game is released for deluxe edition bonuses or will wait until the very last week or day to 'pre-order' if they like what they see from the alpha/beta. For me personally? I won't be preordering at the moment. BFA and SL were some of the worst expansions the game has with BFA being the worst expansion to date for me. How about you?
    Of course, I will pre-order.... in a month or two..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well considering I play WoW more than any other MMO I have combined then I'll eventually pre-order. I just can't afford it right now. Wonder if we can buy it with currency like buying the token and then putting the money into the b.net account instead of as 30days game time. I for one like Shadowlands, I honestly wish they had done more with the covenants and the renown system. They had 2 different quest lines at different points in the renown which was cool, I just think they can go even further with it. All that being said, I'm starting to count the days til Shadowlands ends.

Already preordered (Heroic version) - no other games even remotely as good as WoW, so I'll be staying subbed and playing 100%.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

i'm not a permanent player so it would be stupid for me to do. especially this far in advance.
    by the time i get to itch to play it it may be on sale.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

I mean yeah, of course. The only other option is quitting WoW entirely which considering the game is fun I don't know why I'd do that.

If I'm going to buy it either way I might as well preorder it, there's really no reason not to.