Page 18 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    People play Argonian and Khajiit for the memes, not because they actually fit or look badass as the Dragonborn.

It's like Gnomes, Goblin, and Vulpera. People play these gremlins for the memes, not because they look like badass heroes.

Argonians are also presented as a separate race from dragons. They have no connection to dragons.

Imagine if in Elder Scrolls 6 we learned that we can play as a dragon, like Alduin, only to be presented with an Argonian-looking dude/girl. I don't think the TES fandom would be happy.

And finally, to be fair, you can customize your Argonian to not look anorexic.
    I know what Argonians are, but i think you're misrepresenting a lot of people there while simultanously making you look very shallow. I mean it's true that many people consider elves to be fairly pretty, but no fewer find them to be a bit nauseating akin to fairies.

Personally i find them sometimes apprppriate, but they do not stand out from between the memes for me, though one of my "main" alts is a void elf (accidentally typed "avoid elf", hehe).
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I know what Argonians are, but i think you're misrepresenting a lot of people there while simultanously making you look very shallow. I mean it's true that many people consider elves to be fairly pretty, but no fewer find them to be a bit nauseating akin to fairies.

Personally i find them sometimes apprppriate, but they do not stand out from between the memes for me, though one of my "main" alts is a void elf (accidentally typed "avoid elf", hehe).
    I mean, there's a reason why the Dracthyr can only turn into Humans and Elves.

Dracthyr can't turn into Mechagnomes or Trolls, it's not a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It's what some really believe. Today Blizz announced pre-orders without even one screenshot of Soythyr.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...agonflight-now

Curious.
    don't give me false hopes dude, I'm praying that we could get proper dragons I swear

Is it just me, or Dracthyr are fucking ugly? They look like roasted beta lizards. Literally the only redeeming quality about Dracthyr, and the reason why people will play them, is that at least you have the option to look like an elf/human, who are objectively the two best-looking and most beautiful races in the game.

I definitely would have preferred an actual dragon, not an anorexic lizard.
    The sheer irony, coming from a delusional fool who unironically thinks edgy elves are cool and definitely not race traitors

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    The sheer irony, coming from a delusional fool who unironically thinks edgy elves are cool and definitely not race traitors
    what the fuck are you talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    what the fuck are you talking about ?
    Varodoc is a fanboy of the least appealing race, playable or not, that exists in this game, the edgy elves, or "void elves", the entire premise of which is backstabbing their own people and wrongfully pretending that they're not mindslaves to old gods. A race that is so wrapped up in its own delusions to exist at all is morally appalling.

This would be tolerable if he wasn't on a crusade to espouse his tasteless opinions and views wherever he goes. See: him coming in here to claim that the only good thing about dracthyr is because they can look like an elf—that is, the worst part of the package.

10+ Year Old Account
    don't give me false hopes dude, I'm praying that we could get proper dragons I swear
    It’s a false hope. They’re prominently displayed on the pre-order page as one of the major expansion features.

I mean, there's a reason why the Dracthyr can only turn into Humans and Elves.

Dracthyr can't turn into Mechagnomes or Trolls, it's not a coincidence.
    I kinda want a dragon turning into a gnome-sized furry mechadraenei now.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It’s a false hope. They’re prominently displayed on the pre-order page as one of the major expansion features.
    eww/10 char

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    I kinda want a dragon turning into a gnome-sized furry mechadraenei now.
    Yeah, and everyone would play it only for the memes.

It's just a shame that playable Dragons are just a meme now instead of badass and savage, like Deathwing and Alexstrasza. Dragons deserve better than a meme race.

Is it just me, or Dracthyr are fucking ugly? They look like roasted beta lizards. Literally the only redeeming quality about Dracthyr, and the reason why people will play them, is that at least you have the option to look like an elf/human, who are objectively the two best-looking and most beautiful races in the game.

I definitely would have preferred an actual dragon, not an anorexic lizard.
    It's not only you. They are fucking ugly. They don't even look like WoW dragon people should look like. It's some shit with deflated balls.
    That's a positive reading. Alternatively they just don't want to scare people away.
    Only by name. There is not even one screen of them on the pre order page.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Only by name. There is not even one screen of them on the pre order page.
    Uh, it’s the first expansion feature mentioned, and yes there is a picture;

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...t-dragonflight

Thanks I was about to upload pictures asking this person if they're blind, I'm glad Blizz are going ahead with not changing Dracthyr I'm also more excited knowing they're coming this year!

People play Argonian and Khajiit for the memes, not because they actually fit or look badass as the Dragonborn.
    I fundamentally disagree with all of this.

That said, i'd have prefered Argonian over Dracthyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    And personally? I'd let players choose any race (or at least those native to Azeroth) to use as a "Visage" form. Even if they don't get the "Dracthyr customization options", I personally think they kind of look like shit anyways. The horns are kind of cool, but I'd happily sacrifice them to not be stuck as a human or blood elf (nothing against those two options, but I think a Dark Iron or a Nightborne might better suit the sort of "look" I would gravitate towards).
    I think most of the races could have worked for Visage forms (maybe not Undead or Races that didn't originate on Azeroth, sans Orcs)

I personally wrote a giant story multiple expansions ago to try to introduce a dragon class to the game where I had the player going on a quest with Chromie to re-empower the Dragon Aspects, and at the end the Black and Blue Aspects are replaced by Thrall and Jaina who then go on to train the Horde and Alliance as a connection to the dragons.

I personnally would have loved the idea of the dragons being connected through major lore characters to the Horde/Alliance whose stories have frankly run their course but are fan-favorites. And the way I described the transformation I think would have worked well for making a dragon class.

Reference the end of the story I wrote:

"

Amazed, Thrall gazes at the dragon scale Chromie holds out to him. He looks at the other dragons and sees approval and pride on their faces. He thinks of his family, his home, and his people. He would never let them be swallowed by the Void if he could protect them. He looks at Jaina, seeing her holding a blue scale that pulses with a power like his own. She nods at him, determination overcoming the fear and worry she still feels. "I accept. Let us fight this enemy together."

Grasping the scale, Thrall begins to shake, a roar coming from deep within his throat. His body grows larger, and great black horns grow from his brow. Shiny black wings sprout from his shoulder blades and he flexes them straight out. Standing back up, he is still a green orc, but with the dragon aspect in him, he can feel the power of a Titan flow through his veins. Alexstrasza says, "Brother, you will learn to control your powers soon, and walk amongst the mortals in your old guise, but now it is good to have you with us. We will need your strength in the coming days."

Jaina steps forward, and in a storm of Arcane and Frost magic, is blessed with the Aspect of Magic. Blue wings appear behind her, ephemeral, as though they were made of pure magic. Power swirls around her body and shines in her eyes. The new Aspects step forward, to be embraced by the dragons and join them.

Turning to Chromie, Itharius says, "As for you little bronze, your persistence and faith have brought us here, and I think it only fitting that those qualities be put to good use. I nominate Chronormu to be the new Bronze Aspect of Time. She has shown that she is truly dedicated to preserving both time and the fate of Azeroth. In a time when souls of strength and determination are needed, she will fight for us and our world. Chronormu, you have been chosen, will you be the Bronze Aspect?"

Chromie looks at the assembled dragons and finally loses her quick wit. "Thank you. I accept." The power of the scales infuse each of them as it had Thrall and Jaina, returning their immortality and powers to that of true Dragon Aspects. Transforming into their full forms, Alexstrasza and Itharius take off into the sky to proclaim to the dragon flights that a new day has come, and that the dragons of Azeroth will fly once again. The Bronze Aspect stands on the platform, feeling the power of time course through her veins, and looks at Jaina and Thrall.

"You two will need to be the link between the champions of Azeroth and the Dragon Aspects. Learn your powers so that you may teach other brave heroes to join the dragon flights. We are going to need every brave pair of wings we can find in the coming days."

The Aspects of Magic and Earth transform into their full forms, powerful dragons ready to protect Azeroth from the coming night. They will teach a new breed of heroes to become something greater, something powerful, something noble..... they will teach them to be Dragons.
    "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Thanks I was about to upload pictures asking this person if they're blind, I'm glad Blizz are going ahead with not changing Dracthyr I'm also more excited knowing they're coming this year!
    Anyone hoping that Blizzard was going to fundamentally change the Dracthyr before release were living in a fantasy world. Especially with all the transphobic garbage coming from some of the critiques.

Anyone hoping that Blizzard was going to fundamentally change the Dracthyr before release were living in a fantasy world. Especially with all the transphobic garbage coming from some of the critiques.
    Isn't WoW literally a fantasy world? Created by people who could change it tomorrow?

People hoping that Blizzard will course correct and make something worthwhile..... crazy I know..... but it should give Blizzard pause and maybe make them think to at least provide more options than they previously intended. (for example simply adding more visage races would make alot of people happy and show they are 'listening' without really costing them much work)

As far as your claim of tranphobia..... if I was really into Star Wars, and the work I produced looked like Darth Vader, and people pointed it out..... would they be StarWarsphobic? Or simply correct?

phobia indicates fear and/or hate of something..... that doesn't apply to people simply saying "I notice something and don't want it in the thing I like. Please change the thing you are adding so it doesn't look like X"...... unless you add "Cause I hate and/or fear that thing and it should be killed because of that".

Following your logic, one could say you are "Goodlookingdragonsphobic", but I guess it sounds rediculous when you point ou the irony.

All I wanted was to be able to play either as an actual dragon (even if I couldn't take on a huge dragon form), or as a drakonid, who look very cool (and have been a staple of WoW since day 1).

Instead, we get anorexic lizards that look way more like winged real-life salamanders than actual dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Isn't WoW literally a fantasy world? Created by people who could change it tomorrow?
    Yes, but it’s a fantasy dictated by them, not the whims of a cynical user-base. They ultimately decide what goes in the game, not any of us. Accept that, or move along.

It's not the same paged I linked tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kiriastrasza View Post
    Don't worry. They will change them if they know what's good for the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    All I wanted was to be able to play either as an actual dragon (even if I couldn't take on a huge dragon form), or as a drakonid, who look very cool (and have been a staple of WoW since day 1).

Instead, we get anorexic lizards that look way more like winged real-life salamanders than actual dragons.
    Nailed it. They look exactly like you described them.