Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post

While i would gladly see them nuke GDKP's, the reason why removing boosting matters is because leveling is designed around engaging with other players.

If you sit on every dungeon / elite quest until they're grey because too many people engage in boosting, that's not exactly a great experience.

So why are they not targeting arena boosting? Its funny that they nuke the one type of boosting thats affecting their monetary gains. Its a MMO, you are supposed to make friends to play with, not do everything solo. Make some friends, ask them to come help you with your elite quest.

Sure… but the people who agressively gearscore and gatekeep are not the people I want to play with, so it works out for me.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just add RDF from day one and bypass using a shitty group finding system.

Also Dungeon EXP nerfs seems less like them tackling "boosting" and moreso them trying to extend People's time in game or encourage paying Blizzard for their Boosts. Let People boost if they want. This hurts People that help their friends as much as it hurts actual "boosters"

Trash company continues to fester.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2022-06-22 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferstwin View Post
    So why are they not targeting arena boosting? Its funny that they nuke the one type of boosting thats affecting their monetary gains. Its a MMO, you are supposed to make friends to play with, not do everything solo. Make some friends, ask them to come help you with your elite quest.
    By nerfing boosting, there will be more potential "friends" out in the world levelling.

As for arena boosting, as long as its not account sharing what is the problem? Its still a team. Either you are better than the 1-2 good players and their carry, or you are not. Its team vs team. If you think you shld be higher rated, either get good, or take your own advice and just make "friends" with ppl much better than you lol

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Fuck me...

Nothing says the frozen winds of Northrend quite like 'Joyous Journeys'
    Happy happy joy joy fun fun god of darkness ate your bum. :3
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    By nerfing boosting, there will be more potential "friends" out in the world levelling.

As for arena boosting, as long as its not account sharing what is the problem? Its still a team. Either you are better than the 1-2 good players and their carry, or you are not. Its team vs team. If you think you shld be higher rated, either get good, or take your own advice and just make "friends" with ppl much better than you lol
    I dont pvp so your little attempt at an insult failed. Boosting rating is litterally the same exact thing. People who are much higher skilled carry you to a higher score than you would be able to obtain. Whats the difference between that and dungeon boosting?

So why are they not targeting arena boosting? Its funny that they nuke the one type of boosting thats affecting their monetary gains.
    Because paying other players for a service is allowed by the ToS and considering they're not even doing anything about PvP boosting on Retail, i don't think Classic will do anything.

Should they do something?
    Yeah, but that's another debate.
    Its a MMO, you are supposed to make friends to play with, not do everything solo. Make some friends, ask them to come help you with your elite quest.
    Well, first off, while boosting exists, a lot of these people you could potentially group up with sit in dungeons.

Second, i don't want to bother friends to help me constantly, i'd rather do it you know, the old fashioned way by finding people who are on the same quest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Also Dungeon EXP nerfs seems less like them tackling "boosting" and moreso them trying to extend People's time in game or encourage paying Blizzard for their Boosts. Let People boost if they want. This hurts People that help their friends as much as it hurts actual "boosters"
    I'm fairly certain there are more people out there selling boosts than friends doing it pro bono, because even with boosting it still takes quite some time to do it.
    I'm willing to play with friends, but not so much willing to play the game for them for 10-20h, i doubt i'm alone in this regard.

Disregarding that the theory of yours is also pretty shortsighted, Blizzard literally sells a character boost, they're already profiting off in some way.
    By killing dungeon boosting, they just make players play the game as it was actually intended.

Nevermind that they're also adding a 50% flat XP buff for compensation, which is a massive decrease of the leveling time.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-06-22 at 11:24 AM.

I dont pvp so your little attempt at an insult failed. Boosting rating is litterally the same exact thing. People who are much higher skilled carry you to a higher score than you would be able to obtain. Whats the difference between that and dungeon boosting?
    There was no insult. Arena is a team. Its you and 1 or 2 others, vs 2 or 3 of them. A scrub getting boosted is no different than a scrub playing with his 2 skilled friends. They eventually climb to a rating where 3 skilled players beat them.

No where in arena does it state you must be exactly as skilled as your teammates. To be clear, I think ppl paying to get boosted is pathetic, but its fundamentally no different than what happens on many teams with unequal teammates.

Dungeon boosting removes players from world.

Quote Originally Posted by Neotart View Post
    U didnt see the event vids? they did away with #Nochanges right around the time SOM came out, and pretty much threw the book out.
    It's fucking about time they stopped following the #NoChanges People. They were a very tiny minority to begin with but as always they ruined what they wanted the most.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    3) Dungeon finder compromise: Shite. I want original system that was in the game, the one that actually helped make Wrath as good as it was. Still, I have no choice but to use it, so we'll see how it goes.
    we know how it goes. we see it in retail .

its be meta or gtfo and be 21838127389 geascore or gfto

trying again and again and again and expecting different resoult is literaly deffinition of madness.

i will play wolk as pala/dk tanks. i will make my own group . and i will too invite only overgeared meta classes. because why wouldnt i.

but i feel genuinly sorry for people who just like in retail will be 99,99% declined and will have horrible experience in wolk classic because of ridicuolous Ion decisions of removal of best addition to the game aka lfd which allowed milions of players to see inside of the dungeons.

So we are getting +50% EXP from all content on the fresh servers as well? To me, that sounds stupid, but I'm not really keen on doing the whole level 1-70 yet again so I'm somewhat happy with it. I did 1-60 on Season of Mastery when it was +40%, and did another one once it got bumped to +100%. As Season of Mastery is Vanilla, and this will be based on 3.4.0 (which is basically a modified 3.3.5a) I suppose it will feel about as fast as +100% EXP on Season of Mastery as we get all the added efficiency that got implemented in Burning Crusade + 50% EXP boost on top of that.

One thing they had to do on Season of Mastery was to lower the cost of riding skills and class abilities. When you only boost EXP gains but don't boost item drops, quest drops or money drops you end up levelling up way too fast compared to your overall income making things like affording mounts, riding skills and all your abilities rather rough. Hopefully, they will keep this in mind this time around? Especially for the fresh servers where players won't have any max level character than can provide your new level 1 character with gold and bags, and where the economy will be fresh so all items on the AH will be in high demand and expensive at the start it would feel strange to not lower the cost for skills etc to balance out the +50% EXP gains.

I suppose this +50% EXP will be a permanent thing? Why remove it after the pre-patch? Would feel even worse for new players, especially on the fresh servers that might not have time to play a lot during pre-patch to be both behind on their levelling, and not have the +50% EXP when pre-patch is over. Makes more sense for it to be permanent like on Season of Mastery. Just make it so it won't work for levels 70-80.

If pre-patch is indeed going to be 6-8 weeks as they stipulate here, shouldn't we have some more information regarding the expected release date? Unless it's going to coexist with Dragonflight, and pre-patch is going to be 6-8 weeks we start to run out of time until WotLK Classic release will be within the same timeframe as Dragonflight which seems stupid. It would be nice to get some details early so we can plan for the release, not have the release announcement drop like 14 days before release like it did with Season of Mastery.

so much of this friendmaking in last 3 years of classic where 99%of groups are boosting groups

im sure this time it will be different.

hint - this time around it will be boosting for badges and nothing will change. want to farm badges because its the only way you can decently gear ? gotta pay ton of gold for boost runs

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

trying again and again and again and expecting different resoult is literaly deffinition of madness.

i will play wolk as pala/dk tanks. i will make my own group . and i will too invite only overgeared meta classes. because why wouldnt i.

but i feel genuinly sorry for people who just like in retail will be 99,99% declined and will have horrible experience in wolk classic because of ridicuolous Ion decisions of removal of best addition to the game aka lfd which allowed milions of players to see inside of the dungeons.
    So there's going to be millions of players getting denied from groups and somehow they won't be able to locate eachother and form a group and do the dungeon?

Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    I suppose this +50% EXP will be a permanent thing?
    No. it will last 6-8 weeks and starting before pre patch, which will last between 2-6 weeks.
    beginning a few weeks before the 3.4.0 Pre-Patch and persisting right up until the day that Wrath of the Lich King Classic launches.
    My gues of a timeline will be
    Week -2: Buff comes out
    Week 0: Pre Patch comes out
    Week 4: Wotlk Classic launches

Meaning the pre patch will last for about 4 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGuy View Post
    If pre-patch is indeed going to be 6-8 weeks as they stipulate here, shouldn't we have some more information regarding the expected release date? Unless it's going to coexist with Dragonflight, and pre-patch is going to be 6-8 weeks we start to run out of time until WotLK Classic release will be within the same timeframe as Dragonflight which seems stupid.
    At this point, Blizzard really seems to have put the pedal to the metal and tries to get out Wrath Classic before the end of Q3, meaning that it will launch near the end of september.

Pre patch will possibly hit early august, so the buff will likely come out in 3-4 weeks.

A little hyperbolic, but I mostly agree with the sentiment, except that excluding the bad geared/meme spec people just makes you part of the problem. Maybe you could be that one good guy on your server who runs noob friendly groups, although if optimal runs are your goal then I understand why you wouldn't do that.

farm badges because its the only way you can decently gear ?
    Terrokar tower and Hellfire Fortifications says hi.

They are putting in a whole lot of work just to not add dungeon finder oh my Lord, barely anyone didn't want dungeon finder like seriously the one percent.

Well now that they've done the work they could add this and the group finder UI and add dungeon finder so everyone* got something.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    They are putting in a whole lot of work just to not add dungeon finder oh my Lord, barely anyone didn't want dungeon finder like seriously the one percent.

Well now that they've done the work they could add this and the group finder UI and add dungeon finder so everyone* got something.
    its the same stupid mistakes they do in retail because its the same people managing it

creating content that only top 1 % wants while spiting in face of 99 %.

literaly nobody ever asked for removal of lfd from wolk classic. but Ion and his stupid obsession about making wow as unplayable as posisble in its every single possible iteration .

untill that man is gone from blizzard nothing in any kind of wow will ever change.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    So there's going to be millions of players getting denied from groups and somehow they won't be able to locate eachother and form a group and do the dungeon?
    last 15 years in retail shown that people rather quit then make groups themselves.

thats why classic and tbc servers are dead - because nobody wants that kind of gameplay in 2022.

and thats why wolk classic is dead on arrival . because lfd is the feature that people wanted to come back to play classic with . because majority assosiate classic wow with wolk and post wolk era. because thats when majority started to play on max level and have alts.

Ion is singlehandedly destroying players wish so that he can create more dead classic realms.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2022-06-22 at 02:52 PM.

its the same stupid mistakes they do in retail because its the same people managing it

creating content that only top 1 % wants while spiting in face of 99 %.

literaly nobody ever asked for removal of lfd from wolk classic. but Ion and his stupid obsession about making wow as unplayable as posisble in its every single possible iteration .

untill that man is gone from blizzard nothing in any kind of wow will ever change.

- - - Updated - - -

last 15 years in retail shown that people rather quit then make groups themselves.

thats why classic and tbc servers are dead - because nobody wants that kind of gameplay in 2022.

and thats why wolk classic is dead on arrival . because lfd is the feature that people wanted to come back to play classic with . because majority assosiate classic wow with wolk and post wolk era. because thats when majority started to play on max level and have alts.

Ion is singlehandedly destroying players wish so that he can create more dead classic realms.
    I'm not arguing against lfd but im a perfect example of someone that makes his own group. I love playing off meta specs in retail. No one really cares abt the meta until +10. At +15 if you're rating is good enough you still get invites if you're off meta. Before you get the rating, you just make your own group, no one cares if the group leader is not the meta. You act like listing a group and inviting ppl is impossible. But I, and every other pug, forms groups that way. Thered be 0 groups in the group finder if that wasn't true.

Is it the same awful group finder from retail? The one where you can't both try to fill a group and search for one at the same time? The one where you can't do any queued content while searching for a group/filling up a group? The one where you can't have multiple group "offerings" up at the same time?

That will almost kill the PvP scene. No cross-faction, no cross-realm and not even a functioning "world" chat (i.e. LFG). We'll be back to Trade chat spamming. Amazing.