Page 69 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Honestly, the hate and insanity from the Fandom Menace if it was announced as such would be worth the money thrown at the series for me.
    That lot are hilarious. Same with Elim Gary, the Waffle dude and all the rest of the folk on here.

I really disliked the sequel trilogy, but I don't really care about them. Youtube wants me to care, but I don't give a shit.

Ultimately if something's not enjoyable...don't follow it?

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    In the end, when you think about it, the Obi-Wan series was her Origin Story lol. Obi-Wan was there merely for fan service while introducing the next series of SW. While I find the rumors of her getting her own series doubtful, I can see her being added to the Other series, Book of Boba Fett, Mandalorian, and Ashoka.

This is purely my own headcanon but, she will be chasing down the Inquisitors, and happen to run into side quests in the other series. Reva as a stand-alone character, thus far, does not seem to be able to hold up a series, but as an inclusion into the other ones I can see that as a possibility.
    We kind of expect things to be used for other things. Some of it works, some of it doesn't. I like a lot of the things they did with Darth Maul post-Menace but ultimately he had to be finished by Rogue One. I like the idea of a Cassian Andor series but, again, we know what happened to him.

Reva will not end off any better. Can she redeem herself and turn into this Inquisition hunting bad ass? Sure. Any excuse for a cool light sabre fight. The Inquisition was gone by Rogue One. And not by her hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Qui-Gon ghost: Come on. We have a ways to go.
    5 minutes later: Btw, how did Reva survive that? I literally died.
    Vader didn't want her dead. He said as much.
    Maul wanted Qui-Gon dead. And he was.

5+ Year Old Account
    Heelsvsbabyface: "Thank God for these six episodes, now we can conclude how Owen got his limp!"

Jokes aside, didn't expect to like his character, which was improved from just being a grumpy old fart in ep.4

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Jokes aside, didn't expect to like his character, which was improved from just being a grumpy old fart in ep.4
    Careful. If you look on the bright side of things once, you'll be expected to do it all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I kept thinking after that last duel was.. and he he let him live AGAIN.. why?!
    Also small detail perhaps but seeing the sabers just make sparks on the rocks irked me a little.

All in all this was probably the best episode of the show but overall the show is still a 5/10 from me with most points coming from nostalgia. Incredibly disappointing.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Vader didn't want her dead. He said as much.
    That explains why he created a huge crispy hole in Luke's chest instead of cutting his hand off.

Maul wanted Qui-Gon dead. And he was.
    Maul was genuinely surprised. Since it's very easy to survive with such a wound.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    All I kept thinking after that last duel was.. and he he let him live AGAIN.. why?!
    As revenge against Yoda for making Kenobi watch over that brat Luke. Kenobi needed a vacation with lots of sun, sand, well, he didn't get the rest, but those first two...so now Luke will suffer!

That explains why he created a huge crispy hole in Luke's chest instead of cutting his hand off.

Maul was genuinely surprised. Since it's very easy to survive with such a wound.
    What does Luke have to do with this? Vader deliberately did not give her a fatal wound. He did exactly what he said. Its very, very specific. You should re-watch the scene again but take off the snowflake goggles first.

Phantom Menace is a poor movie but Maul killing Qui-Gon is very unambiguous.

10+ Year Old Account
    He did exactly what he said. Its very, very specific.
    He said: "You are of no further use"
    GI said: "Goodbye, Grand Inquisitor"

It's like they wanted her to live, after totally putting her in the gutter. It's not like she's tiresome or something.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

He said: "You are of no further use"
    GI said: "Goodbye, Grand Inquisitor"

It's like they wanted her to live, after totally putting her in the gutter. It's not like she's tiresome or something.
    If they wanted her dead, she would've been dead. Its almost like they could've just cut her head off JangoFettStyle. Their motivations could be that they wanted her to suffer a slow death but you do need to live for a time for that to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they wanted her dead, she would've been dead..
    Circular reasoning. Come on.
    Writers wanted her alive, so she's magically alive, and now you magically rationalize that into "Vader wanted her alive". Without any reason. That's headcanon caused by cognitive dissonance.

She did her part. She was found alive thru rage, they focused that rage to hate Kenobi, so she would find him, she did, and was disposed of, she betrayed Vader (which he knew would happen).

There's absolutely no sense in not killing her.
    Mortally wounding to say their pieces and leave her to die on a planet with no civilization in range and a broken ship. YES. That makes sense.

Also small detail perhaps but seeing the sabers just make sparks on the rocks irked me a little.

All in all this was probably the best episode of the show but overall the show is still a 5/10 from me with most points coming from nostalgia. Incredibly disappointing.
    Jedi don't execute opponents who are already beaten. If Obi executed Vader that would mean breaking the jedi code.

Careful. If you look on the bright side of things once, you'll be expected to do it all the time.
    Nah, it's just called being intellectually honest. I'm able to look at a TV show point out all the things that are terrible about it, while still being able to appreciate things in it that I believe are good. Sometimes two things can be true at once. Seems like most folks either excuse everything to say everything is great, or complain about everything. Like we have to pick a side and fight to the death about it.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

7+ Year Old Account
    Qui-Gon ghost: Come on. We have a ways to go.
    5 minutes later: Btw, how did Reva survive that? I literally died.
    Obi-Wan: "You know, the Sith who killed you. I literally cut him in half and even he managed to survive. But atleast you got that shiny ghost form, I guess?"

#TEAMGIRAFFE

I liked the show. It wasn't perfect but over all I didn't feel like I was wasting my time. Fairly big these days for steaming shows. I think its weakest point was Leia being captured and rescued twice taking up about half the running time of the 6 episodes. Snip that down to one capture and spare the 20-30 minutes else where. Let the show between episodes 3-6 get another 20-30 minutes to breathe. This could have also been accomplished by giving the episodes an hour each but.. Disney seems fairly against this so far outside of premier and finale type environments in their shows. The best parts were obviously the obi with anakin/vader stuff. Probably not surprising there. I am not to worked up about the Reva stuff. Ultimately I saw it coming from a mile away that she was going to make it.. probably to end up in some other shows. That is how things seem to work these days in these cinema universe type environments these days. I would probably out it around a middle 7 out of 10 with some big time 10 out of 10 moments but a few really softy 3 or 4 out of 10 moments too.

5+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Jedi don't execute opponents who are already beaten. If Obi executed Vader that would mean breaking the jedi code.
    Thats some nonsense, plenty of times where Jedi have killed when they should and this was one of those times. Ofc I know he couldn't have or there wouldn't be a Vader in ANH but it was bullshit and they shouldn't have written it that way imo.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Circular reasoning. Come on.
    Writers wanted her alive, so she's magically alive, and now you magically rationalize that into "Vader wanted her alive". Without any reason. That's headcanon caused by cognitive dissonance.

She did her part. She was found alive thru rage, they focused that rage to hate Kenobi, so she would find him, she did, and was disposed of, she betrayed Vader (which he knew would happen).

There's absolutely no sense in not killing her.
    Mortally wounding to say their pieces and leave her to die on a planet with no civilization in range and a broken ship. YES. That makes sense.
    Was she unambiguously dead? No? Then shut the fuck up. She was left alive and furthermore they stated they were doing so. If she manages to survive they can kill her later. If she kills them, that’s the Sith way. Is that sensible behaviour? Not really but the Sith aren’t sensible. Never have been.

The writers of Clone Wars decided to ass-pull Darth Maul’s survival. They wanted him alive, so they did it. And then proceeded to make some pretty good TV with it. No guarantee they’ll be able to do with Reva but there’s little point in complaining about it

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Thats some nonsense, plenty of times where Jedi have killed when they should and this was one of those times. Ofc I know he couldn't have or there wouldn't be a Vader in ANH but it was bullshit and they shouldn't have written it that way imo.
    I haven’t watched the episode yet but if Vader was disarmed/unable to fight to fight then That’s not really the same as a Jedi landing a killing blow in the middle of combat. The prequels made this pretty clear with count Dooku and Windu’s deaths “not being the Jedi way”.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    1. Reva was weakest force user, she would just get pwnd
    2. Inqs die in sw show Rebels
    Well, we still have the Grand Inquisitor, that Green dude, don't think we EVER got his name lol. And then there is the Cathar chick, what was she 5th Sister or something.