View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I normally always preorder but I'm not sure this time around. I haven't played in a few months now so maybe closer to release I'll be able to get back into it I guess and place the order for it then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    You at least should be able to admit that Blizzard doesn't do pre-ordering out of the goodness of their heart, right? You understand that they do it because it benefits them to do so.
    Literally no one said this. Wth are you even talking about? Of course Blizzard is a company trying to make money (I should know, I own stock in said company), and of course people are going to buy what they want with their own money WHEN they want to buy it.

What is your point?

Day 1 epic edition (digital) pre-order, as always.
    Can't stay away from the game for longer than 1 content patch (if I am even away at all), while still keeping my 6month sub running. Mythic raiding is just too good.

Also bought 2mil gold via token selling in preparation. Had to take advantage of rising prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    Oh you copium filled ape, give me a fucking break.

- - - Updated - - -

Its sad because I now realize people are even dumber than I thought.

thanks for the food

i know this will make me enjoy dragonflight even more

Not giving Blizzard another penny when there are better, community-managed and free alternatives to WoW

Nope. Lost Ark is a shitty game and even it managed to be a better mmorpg.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Preordered the 90$ pack. Kinda angry about the wings not having physic/idle animations, being off center(at least on troll), and a bit too small. I like everything else about the pack.
    DRAGONFLIGHT BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by Rad1um View Post
    The only options are

Yes
    IDK
    And No, I never pre order.

Why isn't there a NO option? I do sometimes pre-order but the answer is still no ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    What? Question: "Will you pre-order Dragonflight?", your answer: "I do sometimes preorder Dragonflight, but the answer is no". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You need an option for "Not yet: They need to release more information to see if its worth it."
    I agree with this, but as that isn't an option for the poll, for the time being I'm not sure if I will pre-order DF or not.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Need an poll option for "Already ordered".
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

You'd have to be a fucking nonger or sycophant to preorder anything Blizzard-made at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    What about them? I don't care about anyone's opinions as to whether the expansion looks great, looks like shit, is rushed, is perfect, or whatever. I'm strictly talking about pre-ordering as a marketing tactic.

And yes, there is a downside. You're paying money for a product without receiving said product. There are times when pre-ordering can have a legitimate purpose, such as allowing a company to gauge and plan out their production needs based on demand, but that is completely irrelevant in cases like this of pre-ordering a digital product. This is a transaction that should be (and will be upon release) immediate. By pre-ordering you are benefiting the company at no real benefit to yourself as a consumer.

Honestly, it's a bizarre mentality. That people are SO into just the idea of the product that they can't help themselves and are willing to pay money for something that doesn't even exist yet rather than just wait till they can pay and immediately receive what they want.
    There's three reasons why I pre-ordered:

1) I know i have the 80 bucks right now. I might not when the game comes out.
    2) A Freebie pet that I might not ever use but still think its cute.
    3) I know I'm going to play the fuck out of Dragonflight so Wynaut?

You sound like one of those people that's against the free mounts for having a 6Month sub.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    This.

I'd only pre-order this far out if I can play Evoker in S4. As that hasn't been confirmed in the announcement then there's no benefit to pre-ordering.

There needs to be a benefit to the customer for pre-ordering, opposed to waiting for release, and unless I missed it, I can't see any benefit to anyone other than Blizzard. Are they asking to crowd fund DF?
    Evokers come out in pre-patch. They aren't coming in Season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    There's three reasons why I pre-ordered:

1) I know i have the 80 bucks right now. I might not when the game comes out.
    2) A Freebie pet that I might not ever use but still think its cute.
    3) I know I'm going to play the fuck out of Dragonflight so Wynaut?

You sound like one of those people that's against the free mounts for having a 6Month sub.
    1. If you have the $80 now, you can choose to have the $80 then without preordering. Unless you're addicted to drugs or gambling or something?
    2. Throwing away money on things I might not ever use is a good life decision, especially when you'll still be able to do it up to the day of launch.
    3. You know you're able to buy Dragonflight literally at any time so why?

Of course I'm one of those people that's against the "free" mounts for having a 6Month sub. Why the fuck aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Literally no one said this. Wth are you even talking about? Of course Blizzard is a company trying to make money (I should know, I own stock in said company), and of course people are going to buy what they want with their own money WHEN they want to buy it.

What is your point?
    You. You said that.

No one is better or worse for buying the expansion now versus buying it in December.
    Blizzard is better off getting your money now, long before they have to deliver on the product. You made it pretty apparent that you DON'T understand that.

You seem to be under the impression that a company asking to be paid full price for a product that hasn't been completed is just perfectly normal from a consumer/producer standpoint. It's not. The only companies that are able to do things like this are ones with fans who have little financial sense and are more enamored with ideas rather than actual products. Imagine if individual consumers paid authors full price for books they hadn't written yet, or movie studios for films that were in the middle of production. It's idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    Remember. Don't pre-order until the game looks good...we don't want a repeat of Shadowlands.
    Whoa re you to tell people what to do? You not lliking Shadowlands does not mean everyone hated or that was bad. Let people decide for themselves and stop trying to live their life for them. Number of pre-orders has no bearing on how good the game will be.

no preorder from me but without doubt there are hundreds of thousands of additcs that already preordered epic .

LOL first day of announcement and I'm already seeing dense whales proudly displaying their expansion mount everywhere. This is why Blizzard are gleefully pushing out half-fucked and rushed expansions again and again. Because they know that there will be mindless fanboys lapping up whatever BS that they churn out every time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    1. If you have the $80 now, you can choose to have the $80 then without preordering. Unless you're addicted to drugs or gambling or something?
    2. Throwing away money on things I might not ever use is a good life decision, especially when you'll still be able to do it up to the day of launch.
    3. You know you're able to buy Dragonflight literally at any time so why?

Of course I'm one of those people that's against the "free" mounts for having a 6Month sub. Why the fuck aren't you?
    Tbh read his first bullet point, imagine yourself in a situation where you might not have an extra $80 to your name in 6 months, and now imagine using that money to not just buy a video game but the most expensive version of the video game for virtual goods.

The guy clearly isn’t making great decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Whoa re you to tell people what to do? You not lliking Shadowlands does not mean everyone hated or that was bad. Let people decide for themselves and stop trying to live their life for them. Number of pre-orders has no bearing on how good the game will be.
    Number of preorders absolutely has a bearing on how good the game will be. Companies that have no motivation to deliver quality products deliver shit products. More often than not this comes in the form of lack of competition, but it also applies to companies with invested userbase who buy products sight unseen, just like WoW players.

It always amuses me when people tell me that I'm not allowed to tell people what to do. I'll tell people whatever the fuck I want to tell people, who are you to tell me not to?