View Poll Results: Will you pre-order Dragonflight?

Voters
470. This poll is closed
  • Yes, I will pre-order

167 35.53%
  • I don't know

93 19.79%
  • No, I will never pre-order

210 44.68%
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yes. Played every expansion, and this won't be the exception.

First months of an expansion are the best time to play WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Delekii View Post
    1. If you have the $80 now, you can choose to have the $80 then without preordering. Unless you're addicted to drugs or gambling or something?
    2. Throwing away money on things I might not ever use is a good life decision, especially when you'll still be able to do it up to the day of launch.
    3. You know you're able to buy Dragonflight literally at any time so why?

Of course I'm one of those people that's against the "free" mounts for having a 6Month sub. Why the fuck aren't you?
    1. YOu missed his point entirely. You may not have the 80 dollars later because there may be unforseen expenses that crop up.
    2. See point one. There is no guarantee one will have 80 dollars to spend at launch
    3. See point one again.

Why do people have to be like you? People like to have a reward for being subscribed for a significant period of time. Why do you have to look down your nose at those people and shame them? Why do you care how other people spend their money? it's not yours
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-06-22 at 04:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. If you have the $80 now, you can choose to have the $80 then without preordering. Unless you're addicted to drugs or gambling or something?
    2. Throwing away money on things I might not ever use is a good life decision, especially when you'll still be able to do it up to the day of launch.
    3. You know you're able to buy Dragonflight literally at any time so why?

Of course I'm one of those people that's against the "free" mounts for having a 6Month sub. Why the fuck aren't you?
    Because its Free.

Actually... in a way Blizzard is paying me to get the mount. You see, a six month sub is $15 x 6 which is 90 dollars. a Six month sub comes to 77.94 up front, which comes to 13/month. If you wanna get the mount if you're not on a 6 month plan its 25 in the store.

So you're out 115 bucks (6 months at 15 and 25 for mount) while I'm only out 78.

and response to #1: its called being an adult. Things come up, emergency housework, etc. You should try it sometime, its fun!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Number of preorders absolutely has a bearing on how good the game will be. Companies that have no motivation to deliver quality products deliver shit products. More often than not this comes in the form of lack of competition, but it also applies to companies with invested userbase who buy products sight unseen, just like WoW players.

It always amuses me when people tell me that I'm not allowed to tell people what to do. I'll tell people whatever the fuck I want to tell people, who are you to tell me not to?
    You have every right to tell them, they have every right to tell you to stfu and not listen

No one is in the wrong or right, you or him throwing a fit on the other hand because of the disagreement is pepega

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    There's three reasons why I pre-ordered:

1) I know i have the 80 bucks right now. I might not when the game comes out.
    2) A Freebie pet that I might not ever use but still think its cute.
    3) I know I'm going to play the fuck out of Dragonflight so Wynaut?

You sound like one of those people that's against the free mounts for having a 6Month sub.
    Number one is probably one of the best reasons NOT to pre-order. But as another poster pointed out, if you have the money now you can very easily just stash it away to use later. Wynaut? Because if you pay them right now you're not getting what you paid for. It's always better to wait until you're getting that one to one transaction (pay for the product, receive the product). At least if you wait till the day before release in order to get the pre-order pet you are acting as a more informed consumer who knows exactly what they're buying and when they're receiving it (even if you already know right now that either way you're going to play the fuck out of it).

I don't know what you mean by "against". I recognize that those promotional mounts are not "free", they're a marketing tactic for increasing revenue by enticing people who otherwise wouldn't get a 6 month sub to do so. It costs resources for the company to create the mounts, and you should at least understand that the reason they do it is because they know it will generate a profit. The fact that some people receive one bundled into something they already would normally buy doesn't change the fact that it's a money maker for the company, not some free giveaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shink View Post
    You have every right to tell them, they have every right to tell you to stfu and not listen

No one is in the wrong or right, you or him throwing a fit on the other hand because of the disagreement is pepega
    Of course they do, I never said otherwise. I just laugh at the hypocrasy and lack of insight people have when they tell you not to tell others to do something

and response to #1: its called being an adult. Things come up, emergency housework, etc. You should try it sometime, its fun!
    Let me just be clear to everyone in here. Being an adult does not mean spend $80 now because you might not have $80 in the future because you might have housework to pay for.

That’s called being a man child and irresponsible. If you are in a situation where you could realistically be down to your last $80 in six months and you spend it on the most expensive version of a video game then you aren’t being a responsible adult. You are being very reckless. Because if something DID come up and now you don’t have that $80 you spent 6 months ago on a game now you’re fucked.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, of course not.

Why would i?
    The game isn't going anywhere between now and release, and its not like you are missing out on anything - the goodies are not going away, the game editions are gonna stick around all expansion long and we'll eventually be able to buy each item individually anyway.

Pre-ordering the game is very much pointless.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    What? Question: "Will you pre-order Dragonflight?", your answer: "I do sometimes preorder Dragonflight, but the answer is no". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    True true true.

Because its Free.

Actually... in a way Blizzard is paying me to get the mount. You see, a six month sub is $15 x 6 which is 90 dollars. a Six month sub comes to 77.94 up front, which comes to 13/month. If you wanna get the mount if you're not on a 6 month plan its 25 in the store.

So you're out 115 bucks (6 months at 15 and 25 for mount) while I'm only out 78.
    You're painting this as "value" when Blizzard could simply do this as standard and put the mount in the game, thus improving the game for everyone. This is like people who jump at the chance to get "800% value" from the Diablo Immortal shop, when the value is entirely derived from Blizzard in the first place.

Being an adult means that if your access to $80 between now and 6 months from now is likely to change, you shouldn't be spending $80 fucking dollars on a video game expansion - and you certainly shouldn't be spending it now when you can have it available to you for the next 6 months with no detrimental effect.

What kind of crack arse mental gymnastics is that, to spend $80 now that you can not spend now and instead keep available to you and spend later when you need to spend it is the "responsible" option to you?

Of course they do, I never said otherwise. I just laugh at the hypocrasy and lack of insight people have when they tell you not to tell others to do something
    Sasys the guy who got mad when someone did to him what he did to someone else. Talk about hypocrisy.

You're painting this as "value" when Blizzard could simply do this as standard and put the mount in the game, thus improving the game for everyone. This is like people who jump at the chance to get "800% value" from the Diablo Immortal shop, when the value is entirely derived from Blizzard in the first place.

Being an adult means that if your access to $80 between now and 6 months from now is likely to change, you shouldn't be spending $80 fucking dollars on a video game expansion - and you certainly shouldn't be spending it now when you can have it available to you for the next 6 months with no detrimental effect.

What kind of crack arse mental gymnastics is that, to spend $80 now that you can not spend now and instead keep available to you and spend later when you need to spend it is the "responsible" option to you?
    It’s because 90% of people literally don’t know how to spend money. I swear. People see money as a very temporary “spend it now while you have it” mentality. And they actually think that’s being responsible like exhibit A above. I don’t think putting $80 in a savings account even crosses this guys mind at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    No, of course not.

Why would i?
    The game isn't going anywhere between now and release, and its not like you are missing out on anything - the goodies are not going away, the game editions are gonna stick around all expansion long and we'll eventually be able to buy each item individually anyway.

Pre-ordering the game is very much pointless.
    Prfe-ordering now means I bget to use the goodies now and get to use them for 6 months before release. I lose out on 6 months by wait. Not pointless when I already boosted a toon I wasn't looking forward to leveling since I have done it many times already and am now playing it. Also the mount i am now flying on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    You need an option for "Not yet: They need to release more information to see if its worth it."
    Voting for this.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Sasys the guy who got mad when someone did to him what he did to someone else. Talk about hypocrisy.
    When did I get mad? I was making fun of him getting mad at me. You might have missed it if you can't see the irony in him telling me not to tell people what to do.

1. YOu missed his point entirely. You may not have the 80 dollars later because there may be unforseen expenses that crop up.
    2. See point one. There is no guarantee one will have 80 dollars to spend at launch
    3. See point one again.

Why do people have to be like you? People like to have a reward for being subscribed for a significant period of time. Why do you have to look down your nose at those people and shame them? Why do you care how other people spend their money? it's not yours
    You have two options available:
    1. Spend money now. Not have money available later.
    2. Not spend money now. Have money available later.

Which of these two options is financially responsible? Hint: It's not 1.

The option you are describing as financially responsible is:
    3. Know that I might need money later. Spend money now so that later I can say "fuck, I don't have the $80 that I need. Guess little Timmy is going without that Kidney surgery... but HEY I GET TO FLY DRAGONS WEEEEEE".

I care how people spend their money because it informs how companies develop products. There are extremely few product types in the world where people willingly part with their money 6 months to a year in advance, or even longer, without evidence that the product is going to actually be good. The fact that gaming is now one of them is fucking terrible for the industry. It used to be the standard that companies released games, and then people bought them. If they were shit, people didn't buy them. As a result, companies had incentive not to release shit products. When people buy products based on the hype that they might be good in a year's time, the company already has your money before they develop the product.
    Last edited by Delekii; 2022-06-22 at 04:56 PM.

I've typically pre-ordered the physical CE every expansion since Wrath (heavily debated the SLs one), but it seems like they bumped the price up by $10, and did away with the soundtrack, and I've seen a few folks mention that it's only through the gear store and not other retailers, so I don't really know right now.

Prfe-ordering now means I bget to use the goodies now and get to use them for 6 months before release. I lose out on 6 months by wait. Not pointless when I already boosted a toon I wasn't looking forward to leveling since I have done it many times already and am now playing it. Also the mount i am now flying on.
    That's fine, but that wasn't the argument being made. If you bought it for the in game goodies and you actually get use out of them now.. it's my subjective opinion that you're stupid but I can hardly stop you, can I?

That's very different to preordering now because "hey why not, I'm going to get it anyway!" That is objectively stupid.

When did I get mad? I was making fun of him getting mad at me. You might have missed it if you can't see the irony in him telling me not to tell people what to do.

You have two options available:
    1. Spend money now. Not have money available later.
    2. Not spend money now. Have money available later.

Which of these two options is financially responsible? Hint: It's not 1.

The option you are describing as financially responsible is:
    3. Know that I might need money later. Spend money now so that later I can say "fuck, I don't have the $80 that I need. Guess little Timmy is going without that Kidney surgery... but HEY I GET TO FLY DRAGONS WEEEEEE".

I care how people spend their money because it informs how companies develop products. There are extremely few product types in the world where people willingly part with their money 6 months to a year in advance, or even longer, without evidence that the product is going to actually be good. The fact that gaming is now one of them is fucking terrible for the industry. It used to be the standard that companies released games, and then people bought them. If they were shit, people didn't buy them. As a result, companies had incentive not to release shit products. When people buy products based on the hype that they might be good in a year's time, the company already has your money before they develop the product.
    The fact that these guys are painting this as a “responsible” investment with their money considering they might not have $80 in six months is absolutely fucking hilarious to me.

Yes. I've enjoyed the leveling experience in every single expansion and have gotten a fair amount of replay value and enjoyment in leveling alts. In some expansions more than others. It looks interesting enough to play through at least once and that's worth the box price for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    The fact that Cartman is saying it means you should preorder lmao.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.