Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I'm sorry, but who wrote this? It's a really weird mixture of sociology paper and PR Buzzwords. Is this from the "remember the fel reaver?!?" lady?
    It's poorly structured in the sense that Blizzard explains for multiple paragraphs their design philosophy of Classic Wotlk (and design philosophies tend to be more abstract) and then sprinkle in some actual infos into.

They're not helping either by articulating points that are simply beyond the scope of Classic, "World is the main character", okay, makes sense as philosophy when you design a new game, not so much as a guiding principle for a relaunch.
    I don't think anyone would've expected that Npc's suddenly call us Commander, Champion of Azeroth or Maw walker and kiss our feet as they do in the modern expansions.

This entire thing should've been split into two, like:
    - This is our design philosophy behind Classic Wotlk
    - This is what we plan on changing

This along with the removal of LFD has officially killed WotLK Classic. Which sucks because I was really really looking forward to it. But they decided to listen to the incredibly small but loud majority and have ruined it for the rest of us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    They said they wanted to add extra challenges to heroic dungeons.

We can now argue whether the addition of something can be considered a change or not, but i think it certainly counts in this context.
    Yes, but they said they would not do it. "To further this, we've been exploring a lot of ideas that we've decided not to implement at this time, such as 10-player and 25-player raids dropping the same items, Heroic dungeons getting improved drops, or increasing the starting difficulty of Heroic dungeons"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    Yes, but they said they would not do it. "To further this, we've been exploring a lot of ideas that we've decided not to implement at this time, such as 10-player and 25-player raids dropping the same items, Heroic dungeons getting improved drops, or increasing the starting difficulty of Heroic dungeons"
    starting difficulty.

I'm sure they're planning on ramping up mob HP and Damage in heroics as the patches progress so we don't just faceroll heroics all day for good gear like we did #SomeChanges
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    So you have this meme, right? The dude with the Butterfly asking "Is this (whatever the original is)?"

Now, you take that Meme, and slap Ion's face on it as the dude.

You put Trade Chat Spam "LF2M TANK AND HEALER FOR DAILIES" "PALADIN BOOSTS BEST ON REALM PST FOR PRICES" "LFM ICC 10 6000 GEARSCORE PUMPERS ONLY" as the Butterfly.

You put "IS THIS COMMUNITY???" at the bottom.
    Funnily enough, it kinda is.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    This along with the removal of LFD has officially killed WotLK Classic. Which sucks because I was really really looking forward to it. But they decided to listen to the incredibly small but loud majority and have ruined it for the rest of us.
    Nobody who was goin to play up to the ICC patch in the first place is going to sit out because there won't be LFD for the last three months of Wrath.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Nobody who was goin to play up to the ICC patch in the first place is going to sit out because there won't be LFD for the last three months of Wrath.
    lmfao Except from what I've seen, the overwhelming majority of people aren't bothering with WotLK Classic because it will never have LFD. Just because YOU won't sit out doesn't mean everyone else also won't. Sure some people will still play but it's going to be a much smaller population.

Good stuff for the most part. The Heroic Dungeon changes feels like M+ and it's not what I enjoy about the game. When I raid ICC I don't want to do Heroics.

lmfao Except from what I've seen, the overwhelming majority of people aren't bothering with WotLK Classic because it will never have LFD. Just because YOU won't sit out doesn't mean everyone else also won't. Sure some people will still play but it's going to be a much smaller population.
    Like I said, zero people are actually going to say "Oh boy I really want to play Wrath but IN A YEAR THERE WON'T BE LFD FOR THREE MONTHS WHEN THE FINAL PHASE COMES!" That's not a real person. It's laughable.
    -ynnady

I hope this doesn't mean only 5day/week 6h per day HC guilds are able to clear Naxx before Ulduar releases.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiken3 View Post
    Extra challenge is not equal to starting difficulty.

15+ Year Old Account
    What a bunch of endless marketing bullshit just to say itemization will be a bit different and Naxx will be less than completely trivial.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    LMFAO overwhelming majority

Like I said, zero people are actually going to say "Oh boy I really want to play Wrath but IN A YEAR THERE WON'T BE LFD FOR THREE MONTHS WHEN THE FINAL PHASE COMES!" That's not a real person. It's laughable.
    You're right. They simply won't play the game. Is your gatekeeping worth less people in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dustdevil View Post
    LMFAO overwhelming majority
    LMFAO that you think it's not.

I'd like to see a 10-20% reduction in xp gains from all sources. Makes the leveling phase longer and ensures you're still 58 by the time you arrive at Storm Peaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beta's out. Surprised there isnt a giant news post for it

You're right. They simply won't play the game. Is your gatekeeping worth less people in the game?
    These people do not exist. Nobody is playing wrath for a year straight with no LFD just because LFD is coming in the last phase. Stop being a clown.

LMFAO that you think it's not.
    People also said nobody would ever play classic unless they added LFD in the beginning. Oops.
    -ynnady

Enjoy getting your alts into heroics 6 months in when we hit the same dearth of dungeon groups as we had in both Classic and TBC except this time when you do find a group after an hour of spam you get "Nah we want to do the challenges, you're not geared enough". Blizzard too busy circle jerking the community nostalgia to actually consider the long term ramifications of their stupid decisions.

These people do not exist. Nobody is playing wrath for a year straight with no LFD just because LFD is coming in the last phase. Stop being a clown.

People also said nobody would ever play classic unless they added LFD in the beginning. Oops.
    Is reading comprehension just...really difficult for you or something? I said, you're right. They simply will NEVER play it since Blizzard said they're never adding LFD. Also, Classic had bursts of players at the start and have quickly become ghosttowns. They're now going to release a fan favorite expansion as Classic servers but removing things that only loud elitists asked for. I ask again, is your gatekeeping really worth WotLK having far fewer players?

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Enjoy getting your alts into heroics 6 months in when we hit the same dearth of dungeon groups as we had in both Classic and TBC except this time when you do find a group after an hour of spam you get "Nah we want to do the challenges, you're not geared enough". Blizzard too busy circle jerking the community nostalgia to actually consider the long term ramifications of their stupid decisions.
    1. Won't have to spam with the new tool.
    2. They are increasing rewards to make dungeons more desirable throughout the expansion.

This very post talks about the solutions to the problems you are presenting. Did you read it?
    -ynnady