Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Blizzard shill, lmfao.

Also your attempt at whataboutism is just borderline stupid, don't even try G.
    That's not whataboutism.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ok, this is just hilarious at this point. A new class that people play during end game is not content

And here is your problem you still do not get. There is no available content for DF. Game didn't even start Alpha. You do not know how it will look on launch and what will be added there and in later patch. Yet you are sooo confident about a complete shape of the game from the reveal snippets.
    I don't even consider it a full class at this point, it's a mini-class.
    Two spec classes are mini classes, just because they get unique customizations / race options, doesn't change the fact that these are still classes that could've easily had a third spec.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    ?????

Raids are still there, mythic + are still there, dungeons are still there. Mogs are still there. Mounts are still there (although in a new form I guess).

What other content ? Torgy ? People hated it.
    Island expe ? people hated it.
    Horrific vision ? I think people didn't really like it.
    Pet battle ? Still there and it's not the most popular thing.
    Scenarios ? It wasn't that popular either.

So what content are you talking about ?
    Ion already confirmed that Dragonriding mounts will not replace classic mount collecting. We will get as much if not more mounts with Dragonflight as we got with Shadowlands, plus the drake customizations. Atleast that's the plan.

Also - did they seriously release the wrong beta today xD? Who cares for classic testing arghhh ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't even consider it a full class at this point, it's a mini-class.
    Two spec classes are mini classes, just because they get unique customizations / race options, doesn't change the fact that these are still classes that could've easily had a third spec.
    Kay. Opinion noted.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Kay. Opinion noted.
    Not an opinion, a fact rather.

Even you can agree that DH and Evoker could've easily had third specs that would've made sense.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I gave you one quite simple idea last week how they easily could keep progression going: you can still earn talent points at max level. It will take way more time and effort to get one, but you still can get them. So you can unlock more and more talents over time. Or you can earn things that add stacks to existing talents, e.g. giving talent A an additional stack so you can put two points into said talent. Now you work towards getting stacks for some (basic) talents and getting more skill points to unlock them. There you have an easy way to keep progression going on max level instead of earning nothing at all (besides new gear and new cosmetics). Because you can be sure that people will instantly complain about the lack of progression the minute they reach max level in Dragonflight.
    What happen to this extra points when 11.0 will launch?

7+ Year Old Account

Even you can agree that DH and Evoker could've easily had third specs that would've made sense.
    Well, they could always add a range DH based upon Hearthstone and a tank Dracthyr down the line.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

7+ Year Old Account

No, it's not a fact. There is no such thing as a "mini class" in WoW. Classes are not defined by the number of specs they have.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    Also, from the wotlk classic design:

The third and final design pillar of the Classic WoW team is: The World is the Main Character. We want you to maintain the feeling of being immersed in a living world (of Warcraft). We love your exploration and your player-driven stories and want to make sure you have a reason to visit various locations in the world over and over again. Gathering and crafting professions are important to that sense of world, and of its economy, where you are interacting with thousands of other players in a vibrant player community. This pillar means we need to preserve the world we have created from excessive changes. You should be able to collect the lost pages of the Green Hills of Stranglethorn, to rescue the town of Darkshire from Stitches, or to return to Tempest Keep and face off against Prince Kael’thas one more time (and hope for rare mount drop). You should be able to tell your personally unique stories about your exploits, even as you follow along the epic stories of Azeroth’s most famous personalities.
    Didn't we find datamining strings for a living world feature for retail? Maybe they are gonna add classic EK and Kalimdor to retail during Dragonflight if they follow the same design pillar? With WotlK classic serving as the initial testbed for it - maybe with a toggle for classic and wotlk Naxx?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

easily? I'm expecting to hear some big ideas then

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    This is flat out reaching. I already said I would be happy to be proven wrong and for the game to be good. Why? Because that gives people a better experience and shows Blizzard can learn from their mistakes in and before Shadowlands. I have no reason to want it to be bad.
    If you have no reason to want it bad you wouldn't be predicting it to be bad. There is a disconnect with what you keep saying. There is nothing that indicate Dragonflight will be bad yet you keep giving reasons for why you think it will be bad. On some level you want it to be bad because that is what you keep saying it will be based on little to no Dragonflight details.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Ion already confirmed that Dragonriding mounts will not replace classic mount collecting. We will get as much if not more mounts with Dragonflight as we got with Shadowlands, plus the drake customizations. Atleast that's the plan.

Also - did they seriously release the wrong beta today xD? Who cares for classic testing arghhh ...
    How would they even release DF beta when DF alpha hasn't been updated yet?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    How would they even release DF beta when DF alpha hasn't been updated yet?
    Dude. You aren't stupid and you know the meaning behind my comment. They should have released DF testing instead of the WotLK classic snorefeast "testing".

#TEAMGIRAFFE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atriel View Post
    they can push out the .X content patches faster, and we could always see new systems in those too.
    Has that ever been the case though? Even when Blizzard mad a concious decision to increase employee number and release content faster they couldn't deliver. Could this time be different? Sure. Even when he had the "basic" patches in expansions prior to WoD things still took a while. I'm using WoD because garrisons saw expansion with the Shipyard and was a "core" featured of the expansion even if it wasn't borrowed power.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What happen to this extra points when 11.0 will launch?
    We keep them? They can give us as much talent points as we have talents to spend points on available. As they're going to keep the talent trees around, five points more or less do not matter when a new expansion hits.

By restricting "new" talents at the bottom you can even prevent players from filling out those bars instantly than slowly over time when you level up in the new expansion.

That's the entire point of the talent tree revamp, isn't it? Having one system they can build upon. And so we don't even lose progression we made, it transitions flawlessly into the next expansion. One of the main problems of borrowed power was that your character was reset to zero each time a new expansion hit while losing all the progress that was made and invalidating two years of "work" by just that. This shouldn't be the case in the future, should it?

Also, from the wotlk classic design:

Didn't we find datamining strings for a living world feature for retail? Maybe they are gonna add classic EK and Kalimdor to retail during Dragonflight if they follow the same design pillar? With WotlK classic serving as the initial testbed for it - maybe with a toggle for classic and wotlk Naxx?
    I really, really doubt it. What would even be the point? "No one" wants to level through wildly inefficient, poorly spaced out quests that take forever and for the people who are nostalgic and want to see those quests or un-cataclysm'd zones, there are three different classic server options they've been able to go do that on for years now.

This also ignores that the living world entries weren't just "living world" they referenced things that have nothing to do with classic continents (proximity, weather and time of day).

It is probably related to the stuff they've been a bit cryptic about regarding world content redesign. They've said a lot of stuff about how there's a bunch more to find and solve and stuff in the open world, they probably added a bunch of new functions related to that. Rares that only spawn in certain weather, doors or puzzles that only open at certain times of the day, etc.

Animation names are shared between all branches of WoW, Living World could just as well end up being a Classic thing (although I personally feel that's unlikely). On that note, there's also some new skinning specific animation names that showed up that haven't had a use either yet.

No, it's not a fact. There is no such thing as a "mini class" in WoW. Classes are not defined by the number of specs they have.
    While that is true (or would Druids be the only maxi (?) class), you can definitely see that there was put way less effort into DH and Evoker than in DK or Monk.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't count Garrisons because they're trivial, but if you're counting Dragonriding as "content", so can we count Garrisons.
    Garrisons were not trival to WoD. Majority of non-instanced content revolved around garrisons and Blizzard even tried to expand on it with Shipyards by giving us a "mini-garrison" with new resources and missions. Dragon Riding hasn't been shown to be anywhere near as expansive as Garrisons were.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Animation names are shared between all branches of WoW, Living World could just as well end up being a Classic thing (although I personally feel that's unlikely). On that note, there's also some new skinning specific animation names that showed up that haven't had a use either yet.
    Seems to me the basic assumption here would be that they go with the new profession items.

Supposedly you auto-switch (visually) into the gear when you are doing the profession, so skinning would probably involve switching to a skinning knife and so need a new animation that isn't just the dumb *rub hands together over body* thing.