Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    However, I certainly want them to make these Dracthyr look better, if I'm going to have to see a bunch of them in game. I won't be shocked if they aren't that popular, given the one spec and limited race, and that is setting aside how they look. Hopefully they can make them have enough options to satisfy a wider range of what people want in a dragon class.
    Well they’re going to be the only race attached to a new dragon class. In addition, they can turn into half elves, or dragons. Not mention being a hero class that houses a new ranged and healing spec.

I simply don’t see how they would be unpopular. I wouldn’t consider this;

Ugly. I would say that creature has an elegance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Well they’re going to be the only race attached to a new dragon class. In addition, they can turn into half elves, or dragons. Not mention being a hero class that houses a new ranged and healing spec.

I simply don’t see how they would be unpopular. I wouldn’t consider this;

Ugly. I would say that creature has an elegance to it.
    Elegance of a winged she lizard laying eggs in heat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    Elegance of a winged she lizard laying eggs in heat.
    That creature is taller than a Tauren, with massive wings and draconic powers. You honestly think players aren’t going to be impressed when they see one in person?

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Can I ask you something? Why do you defend the Drakthyrs so vehemently? I mean, they're not what you wanted. You wanted a sexy humanoid warrior ala Wrathion who can also turn into a full dragon, not anorexic lizards. At least based on those threads in your signature.

Regardless, it's not hard to foresee that the most exclusive race/class in the game will also be the least played.
    He becomes obsessed with something and does what ever mental gymnastics it takes to appeal to what ever fantasy he has about it playing in his head. He doesn't actually care about the class/race other than the basic idea/name which is why the dude spent the last 15 years saying Tinkers are coming and changing them into alchemy and titan tech wielding Ghostbusters in order to fit the various expansions he thought they were coming in. I bet if Blizzard just kept the name and maybe one skill like wing buffet then like turned them into mutated fairies made of slime he would still be fanatically devoted to them.

I think the amount of players will be tied to how easy its to play and how op it is. If Evokers are one shotting dks in arena you can bet fuckloads of people will be rolling them.

That creature is taller than a Tauren, with massive wings and draconic powers. You honestly think players aren’t going to be impressed when they see one in person?
    In a world where people already have magic powers, real dragons, and massive humanoids like Tauren who can rip an orc in half with their strength and look like the can a skinny ass deformed reptile wearing a goofy golden bathing suit that can kinda do some magic isn't going to be that impressive.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2022-06-22 at 07:52 PM.

Like I said, I still very much love the IDEA behind the Dracthyr. But I just think they LOOK kind of dumb and certainly underwhelming. I'd love to see them look way more draconic, and perhaps even walking on all fours. Or at the very least, look like dragons on their hind looks. Not just "scaley humans".

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yeah, and everyone would play it only for the memes.

It's just a shame that playable Dragons are just a meme now instead of badass and savage, like Deathwing and Alexstrasza. Dragons deserve better than a meme race.
    On that we agree.
    I've heard things about bulkier bodies and extensive customisation options, but i'm not holding my breath given what they use as promotional material.
    And otherwise it'll still be fun to kill them.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Like I said, I still very much love the IDEA behind the Dracthyr. But I just think they LOOK kind of dumb and certainly underwhelming. I'd love to see them look way more draconic, and perhaps even walking on all fours. Or at the very least, look like dragons on their hind looks. Not just "scaley humans".
    Yeah especially when they gave the humanoid version that goofy fucking diaper thing. Not sure why they can't wear actual armor. Just say they create the illusion of armor on their dragonoid form for modesty reasons around humans or some bullshit if you wanna explain how they can put a coat on with wings.

Yeah, absolutely. They look goofy as fuck with those narrow shoulders and round hips and overall skinny soft build.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Worst part is: that isn't even a picture of a D&D dragonborn character. Just an OC of a japanese (I think) artist from the Pixiv website.
    No idea where Teriz got it from(or the original) but it's definitely around the internet as a D&D related picture it wouldn't be unreasonble for some one looking for pic's to come across it in a D&D context.

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/297519119140171994/
    https://fantasyworldsofajt.wordpress...ag/dragonborn/
    https://shakal-arab.blogspot.com/201...er-female.html
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Yes.
    Players including myself are not going to be impressed with the Dracthyr if we’re stuck with what they showed us.
    They could make them as tall as Ogres, they’re still super skinny soythyr.

If they got other options to make them bulkier / more fitting to Warcraft dragons like Thunderbrush’s edits then sure.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Yes.
    Players including myself are not going to be impressed with the Dracthyr if we’re stuck with what they showed us.
    Well you're going to be "stuck" with it.

With that said, I disagree. I believe that players are going to be quite impressed with the race, and we're going to see a lot of dracthyrs going forward.

They could make them as tall as Ogres, they’re still super skinny soythyr.
    A prime example of why Blizzard shouldn't consider anything you or your ilk request in regards to this new race/class.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Yeah especially when they gave the humanoid version that goofy fucking diaper thing. Not sure why they can't wear actual armor. Just say they create the illusion of armor on their dragonoid form for modesty reasons around humans or some bullshit if you wanna explain how they can put a coat on with wings.
    Honestly, it's another reason I think a LOT of people would be happier with them just embracing the "Dragon" side of things.

You don't even have to label them as "Male/Female" body-types. Since they're DRAGONS, when in their "True Form" they truly do not need clothes or armor or anything (maybe some armlets/jewelry would make nice Barbershop options). Just offer an option that's a little bit skinny and more lithe, and then a bulkier option with more muscular arms/legs and a deep, powerful-looking chest.

As long as they look like DRAGONS, I don't think anyone would have an issue with the lack of armor, or their "class" being race-locked, because again, it's a "playable dragon".

But when you have these spindly looking "lizard-people" running around, it makes for a pretty weak argument on both counts.

Is there a way to permanently filter people who use the term soyther out?

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Well you're going to be "stuck" with it.
    Blizzard did already say that there are going to be adding other body types to include a bulkier option.
    So depending on how much they were over selling it, I doubt it

With that said, I disagree. I believe that players are going to be quite impressed with the race, and we're going to see a lot of dracthyrs going forward.
    If they’re gonna be impressed then they already would’ve been impressed.
    Only way to save them is to bulk them up a bit via a body type option or let combat be possible in visage form to hide the ugly lizard form for most of combat.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Anyone hoping that Blizzard was going to fundamentally change the Dracthyr before release were living in a fantasy world. Especially with all the transphobic garbage coming from some of the critiques.
    you can be trans and dislike how shitty they look my dude, not every trans person here want to look like an androgynous furry.

t. trans person

Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    you can be trans and dislike how shitty they look my dude, not every trans person here want to look like an androgynous furry.

t. trans person
    Pretty flimsy strawman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Blizzard did already say that there are going to be adding other body types to include a bulkier option.
    So depending on how much they were over selling it, I doubt it
    Cool! Hopefully the bulkier options satisfies your issues.

If they’re gonna be impressed then they already would’ve been impressed.
    Only way to save them is to bulk them up a bit via a body type option or let combat be possible in visage form to hide the ugly lizard form for most of combat.
    You might get the body type option, but them making the visage form the main form in combat isn't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Pretty flimsy strawman.
    why would I bring a strawman for something that obvious, we aren't an hivemind, ty

10+ Year Old Account

t. trans person
    No one said you had to like them if your trans. *I* said the obvious transphobia coming from some of the critiques of the new race was potentially off-putting for Blizzard, and could have caused them to circle the wagons on Dracthyr design and ignore the critiques en masse.

why would I bring a strawman for something that obvious, we aren't an hivemind, ty
    As above, no one made the claim that trans people all like them or should all like them. Hence your post being a shitty strawman.