Page 70 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Thats some nonsense, plenty of times where Jedi have killed when they should and this was one of those times. Ofc I know he couldn't have or there wouldn't be a Vader in ANH but it was bullshit and they shouldn't have written it that way imo.
    Also, it isn't really in the code.

They are allow to kill defeated opponents, they prefer not to as the rather allow other people to bring people to justice.

I don't know why they think this was more than Obi-wan not able to bring himself to kill Anakin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Well, we still have the Grand Inquisitor, that Green dude, don't think we EVER got his name lol. And then there is the Cathar chick, what was she 5th Sister or something.
    Grand Inquisitor and 5th Brother (the Green Dude) both die during Rebels.

And the other Inquisitor in the series is the 4th Sister and isn't a Cathar.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

I wish Padme was mentioned in some way. Maybe her last words. Considering he turned to the dark side just to save her.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    I wish Padme was mentioned in some way. Maybe her last words. Considering he turned to the dark side just to save her.
    She (and others from his Jedi years) should have been in the memory sequence when he was buried, not Leia (which he hardly knew before) or Luke.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    She (and others from his Jedi years) should have been in the memory sequence when he was buried, not Leia (which he hardly knew before) or Luke.
    I think that was more about the future than the past, though - he finds the strength to dig himself out because there's still something to fight for: the children.

If there's one thing Padme is known for it's giving up and being too sad to live on :P Not the kind of memory you want in that situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Thats some nonsense, plenty of times where Jedi have killed when they should and this was one of those times. Ofc I know he couldn't have or there wouldn't be a Vader in ANH but it was bullshit and they shouldn't have written it that way imo.
    Vader was beaten and couldn't fight anymore. Jedi don't execute their opponents. It would be different if done in self defense like at the end of ep3.

Really liked the last 2 episodes. There's talk of a season 2 and I hope we'll get it. I'd assume Vader won't be as prominent in it if we do get it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Also, it isn't really in the code.

They are allow to kill defeated opponents, they prefer not to as the rather allow other people to bring people to justice.

I don't know why they think this was more than Obi-wan not able to bring himself to kill Anakin.

- - - Updated - - -

Grand Inquisitor and 5th Brother (the Green Dude) both die during Rebels.

And the other Inquisitor in the series is the 4th Sister and isn't a Cathar.
    I see, so this series is before/during Rebels then?

If so, then I stand corrected about the Inqs. I was under the impression that this was after Rebels.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Vader was beaten and couldn't fight anymore. Jedi don't execute their opponents. It would be different if done in self defense like at the end of ep3.
    Except there is nothing in the code that forbid execution.
    Jedi just prefer not to be judge and jury. They prefer to leave that up to governments.
    Also, Yoda and Obi-wan literally spent the OT training Luke to kill Vader and the Emperor.

I think you are reading more into the scene than was intended. Why can it simply be that Obi-wan cannot bring himself to kill Anakin regardless of what Anakin has become?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    I see, so this series is before/during Rebels then?

If so, then I stand corrected about the Inqs. I was under the impression that this was after Rebels.
    This series takes place 9 years BBY, 10 years post RotS. Rebels starts 4 years ABY, about 5 years after this series.

A teenage Leia even appears in Rebels for an episode.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Except there is nothing in the code that forbid execution.
    Jedi just prefer not to be judge and jury. They prefer to leave that up to governments.
    Also, Yoda and Obi-wan literally spent the OT training Luke to kill Vader and the Emperor.

I think you are reading more into the scene than was intended. Why can it simply be that Obi-wan cannot bring himself to kill Anakin regardless of what Anakin has become?

- - - Updated - - -

This series takes place 9 years BBY, 10 years post RotS. Rebels starts 4 years ABY, about 5 years after this series.

A teenage Leia even appears in Rebels for an episode.
    It can be that too but Jedi don't really strike down their opponents. That was always more of a sith thing. That's why it was always treated like a big deal in ep 3.

Most thing that disappointed me was Reva. Such an annoying and boring Character. Next Disappointment are the final fight between Obiwan und Vader. The Setting was boring and generic boring music.
    Last edited by saixilein; 2022-06-22 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Most thing that disappointed me was Reva. Such an annoying and boring Character. Next Disappointment are the final fight between Obiwan und Vader. The Setting was boring and generic boring music.
    Honestly, if you take Reva out of the show I think we'd be left with a better show. I don't dislike the actress, or even the character really but her whole character just felt completely pointless in this and if she wasn't there, we would of had more time to focus on Obi Wan and Vader (which is what everyone was there for anyways). She might of made an interesting story by herself in a series where they wouldnt of had to hide her motivations for 4 episodes before speedrunning her redemption at the end

I did like the fight between Obi Wan and Vader though personally.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Next Disappointment are the final fight between Obiwan und Vader.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I did like the fight between Obi Wan and Vader though personally.
    I haven't watched that far, but it seems weird that they would fight. Kinda wrecks the Vader quote "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master." in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I haven't watched that far, but it seems weird that they would fight. Kinda wrecks the Vader quote "I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again, at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you I was but the learner. Now, *I* am the master." in my mind.
    I think the quote still works just because of how badly Vader gets beaten. He's still the "learner". Just tagging that just in case because you haven't watched it yet. I think the quote makes as much sense as it did before really.

This series is so disappointing if feels like a glorified fanfic.

I think the quote still works just because of how badly Vader gets beaten. He's still the "learner". Just tagging that just in case because you haven't watched it yet. I think the quote makes as much sense as it did before really.
    Ah, well that makes more sense, then. And thanks for tagging, but I've long accepted that due to my slowness at watching stuff I'll always be spoiled on everything so I might as well embrace it

Honestly, if you take Reva out of the show I think we'd be left with a better show. I don't dislike the actress, or even the character really but her whole character just felt completely pointless in this and if she wasn't there, we would of had more time to focus on Obi Wan and Vader (which is what everyone was there for anyways).
    Pretty much.

Her existence is entirely superfluous, and you cannot help but feel they added her purely for diversity reasons. Which is an INSULT to diversity, not a boon. Instead of creating an interesting, compelling character that stands on her own merit, they made her a hanger-on with nothing but ancillary relevance contingent entirely on the established main characters - and even there she utterly fails to be relevant.

That's a master class in how NOT to do it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Pretty much.

Her existence is entirely superfluous, and you cannot help but feel they added her purely for diversity reasons. Which is an INSULT to diversity, not a boon. Instead of creating an interesting, compelling character that stands on her own merit, they made her a hanger-on with nothing but ancillary relevance contingent entirely on the established main characters - and even there she utterly fails to be relevant.

Honestly, Reva isn't really the problem. It is how they handled her character. Her character works in the narrative so what. Removing her, there are a lot of things that would have to change. My issue is that the other inquisitors take time away from her and make it look like her goal is something different than it was. Like the "Haha! She opposes Vader!" It didn't come off a twist or anything like that.

Reva could have worked, but for some reason they chose to half ass her character.
    –The Sith Code

Honestly, Reva isn't really the problem. It is how they handled her character. Her character works in the narrative so what. Removing her, there are a lot of things that would have to change. My issue is that the other inquisitors take time away from her and make it look like her goal is something different than it was. Like the "Haha! She opposes Vader!" It didn't come off a twist or anything like that.

Reva could have worked, but for some reason they chose to half ass her character.
    big problem was plot armour. Darth Vader kept sparing people. Surely he shoulda killed her.

Watched the last episode. Can't deny Reva started off with some subpar acting, but I feel like she at least finished strong. Albeit, her character did seem pretty pointless. Not nearly as pointless as Kumail Nanjiani. Why was he even here?

Vader getting the high ground for once was a nice twist, the show couldn't make any snappy comments about the meme, but we were all thinking it. Though he still managed to lose with the high ground so that's just sad.

Can't fault the show for Obi-Wan leaving Vader alive, for obvious reasons.

Liam Neeson stole the show at the end, nice to see his existence acknowledge again.

Also felt like they did a great job emphasizing just how different Vader is from Anakin. Dropping the Vader voice just worked for that scene for a great emotional impact.
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2022-06-22 at 11:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Pretty much.

She's not even the primary villain. She's a lieutenant to the big bad. Why were people even expecting her to be the center focus?

And b!aming "diversity" is just complaining that she's not a white dude. Useless and prejudiced argument, without merit.