Page 21 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    Is there a way to permanently filter people who use the term soyther out?
    You can always ignore them on their profile page. It's a quite underrated function which has reduce much of my frustration from being on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You might get the body type option, but them making the visage form the main form in combat isn't happening.
    I thought I remembered them saying at some point that they did want to make it possible at some point for Dracthyr to fight in their visage forms. I think it was a blue post or something, but I don't recall the exact source.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    I thought I remembered them saying at some point that they did want to make it possible at some point for Dracthyr to fight in their visage forms. I think it was a blue post or something, but I don't recall the exact source.
    Yes. It was mentioned in one of the first subsequent interviews when people were initially complaining about the racial lock and visage forms that devs were trying to look into making combat possible in visage form.

https://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcr...hen-1393543/3/
    buffed : The change between human and dragon form - is it purely cosmetic, as with the Worgen, or does the humanoid form have any gameplay influence?

Ion Hazzikostas: It's something we're actually working through right now internally. We understand there's definitely desire to be able to be in your humanoid form in combat in a way that you can't be as a worgen. But of course, if you're doing a deep breath or using your wings, you can't do that in humanoid form. We want to give players as much flexibility there as possible. The dragon form certainly isn't like a metamorphosis for demon hunters. It is the innate form that the Evoker takes, and all their abilities will be usable in it. But we're looking to find ways to work humanoid form into combat. But ultimately, we want to let players do what they prefer aesthetically, rather than forcing gameplay based on mechanics.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-06-22 at 10:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    He's talking about fighting in the visage instead of fighting in Dracthyr form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    No idea where Teriz got it from(or the original) but it's definitely around the internet as a D&D related picture it wouldn't be unreasonble for some one looking for pic's to come across it in a D&D context.

https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/297519119140171994/
    https://fantasyworldsofajt.wordpress...ag/dragonborn/
    https://shakal-arab.blogspot.com/201...er-female.html
    Regardless of where Teriz got the image originally, it's very dishonest from his part to heavily imply that the dragonborn race in D&D is used mainly by deviants who sexually fetishize the race into lean big-breasted lizards, which was his original argument in that post.

Not to mention he should have done his due diligence and track the origin/author of said image before going around making wild accusations, as pinterest and blog image dumps are not valid sources for pictures.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes. It was mentioned in one of the first subsequent interviews when people were initially complaining about the racial lock and visage forms that devs were trying to look into making combat possible in visage form.

https://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcr...hen-1393543/3/
    I do hope that they go through with this after all.
    Shouldn’t be too hard to implement, even if not right at launch.

Just have them shift into Dracthyr form for the ‘essential’ spells that would require the wings/tail just like DHs do for their abilities like Eye Beam.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Regardless of where Teriz got the image originally, it's very dishonest from his part to heavily imply that the dragonborn race in D&D is used mainly by deviants who sexually fetishize the race into lean big-breasted lizards, which was his original argument in that post.

Not to mention he should have done his due diligence and track the origin/author of said image before going around making wild accusations, as pinterest and blog image dumps are not valid sources for pictures.
    Yeah, I usually find him to be relatively reasonable, if not repetitive and insistent. But this particular false equivalency just torpedoes any credibility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    It's what some really believe. Today Blizz announced pre-orders without even one screenshot of Soythyr.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...agonflight-now

Curious.
    People would see this garbage and immediately refuse to pre-order, lmao

that or they are indeed, against all odds, reworking this crap

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    People would see this garbage and immediately refuse to pre-order, lmao

that or they are indeed, against all odds, reworking this crap
    Huh... that actually is EXTREMELY unusual. From a marketing perspective, this IS the centerpiece of the expansion; quite curious they wouldn't plaster it everywhere.

Maybe they actually ARE working on it...?

It would be hard to believe... but I suppose it was really the only "negative" I remember seeing from the community in the wake of Dragonflight's initial announcement. The community seemed very much "everything seems cool, if a bit safe, but the Dracthyr look kinda 'off'".

Not holding my breath or anything, but I suppose it's a shred of hope to cling to.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Huh... that actually is EXTREMELY unusual. From a marketing perspective, this IS the centerpiece of the expansion; quite curious they wouldn't plaster it everywhere.

Maybe they actually ARE working on it...?

It would be hard to believe... but I suppose it was really the only "negative" I remember seeing from the community in the wake of Dragonflight's initial announcement. The community seemed very much "everything seems cool, if a bit safe, but the Dracthyr look kinda 'off'".

Not holding my breath or anything, but I suppose it's a shred of hope to cling to.

Worth noting that in the WotLK alpha, this is what the Vrykul species looked like:

It had multiple hairstyles attached to it already before they went with the much better model that ended up in the released version of the expansion

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    He LOVES to argue.

Like, alot.

99% of the posters take one side, he will take the other. He loves arguing that much.

I'd say he was shooting to get employment off his support of the new class (since by his post frequency he can't have a job), but I think it just boils down to "everyone hates this, I LOVE IT, COME AT ME BRO"
    His face, after you uncovered whole truth about him:
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

I want dragons, not lizards :< it doesn't have to be like the aspect dragon models but something like that would be cool

I could see Dracthyr surpassing the Monk and meme races (Pandaren, gnomes, goblin, etc) in popularity IF THEY ALLOW US TO USE THE VISAGE FORM 24/7, COMBAT INCLUDED.

The Human and Void elf models will carry this race.

People are really coping hard...

Do people think that if we determine that we can "techincally" classify Dracthyr as non-dragons we would get another dragon race/class?
    Seems like a longshot... but dream on I guess.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I'm up for anything, can't get any worse then this "scalie" abomination we've been presented with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

Tbh the fact the dragonborn females got breasts when it became a main book race in 4E was very much maligned. Ofc you can argue that the response was exacerbated by the general hatred (yes, hatred) a large part of the fanbase had for 4E. Playable draconic humanoids did exist much earlier ofc but they were always obscure, they only became a mainstream player race in the past 15 years. Still the breasts stuck. The intent always was to find a way to let people play dragons (AD&D had an entire setting with that premise in Council of Wyrms, 3E had half-dragons and added numerous draconic options as time passes but certainly with two splatbooks late in the development cycle). Interestingly the consensus among D&D minmaxers long was that playing a straight up Dragon from the Monster Manual would actually be UNDERPOWERED.
    That said I don't really recall any overtly sexualized image of a female dragonborn in D&D canon. Ofc it exists in fan drawings but overtly sexualized ANYTHING exists in fan drawings.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-06-23 at 09:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    I could see Dracthyr surpassing the Monk and meme races (Pandaren, gnomes, goblin, etc) in popularity IF THEY ALLOW US TO USE THE VISAGE FORM 24/7, COMBAT INCLUDED.
    Again, I see it being top three alongside Druids and Hunters. The ability to be a playable version of Alexstraza or Wrathion is a huge selling point for this race/class.

And yeah, the visage form being up 24/7 is a pipe dream. Pretty much every ability shown thus far for the Dracthyr racials and the Evoker class requires the dragon form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    People are really coping hard...

Do people think that if we determine that we can "techincally" classify Dracthyr as non-dragons we would get another dragon race/class?
    Seems like a longshot... but dream on I guess.
    Yes, people really do think that. I wouldn't be surprised if we still get threads like these in 10.3.

Again, I see it being top three alongside Druids and Hunters. The ability to be a playable version of Alexstraza or Wrathion is a huge selling point for this race/class.

And yeah, the visage form being up 24/7 is a pipe dream. Pretty much every ability shown thus far for the Dracthyr racials and the Evoker class requires the dragon form.
    You really enjoy shutting down people's theories and hopes while ceaselessly defending your own, don't you?

Also, I love how you unironically compared those anorexic lizards to Wrathion and Alexstrasza. Yep, don't see anything different between them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post

Keep hoping;

https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/pro...light-masthead

They're the FIRST feature listed under the new expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    You really enjoy shutting down people's theories and hopes while ceaselessly defending your own, don't you?
    I just feel that if we're going to discuss, we should keep the discussion in the realms of reality. If you want an elf doing fire or arcane spells, roll a mage.

Also, I love how you unironically compared those anorexic lizards to Wrathion and Alexstrasza. Yep, don't see anything different between them.
    Anorexic?

There's pretty clear muscle mass present.

The char design is totally wrong imo.

Once you pick Dracthyr you should have been able to pick any sub-race (for the faction) in the char creation screen as your humanoid form, when you perform special/racial abilities you turn into different dragon forms. & All Dracthyr classes should have instant flight form into a dragon, just like druid.

Unlike Worgen, you can maintain your humanoid form in combat but only take on dragon form when doing racial abilities & Evoker does it more when performing its CDs/Specials.