Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    If there's any error here, it's in your failure to communicate. After all, hard to claim I'm the one "misunderstanding" you when you stay stuff like:

There isn't anyway to interpret this other than you talking about the game as if the game has been gone live already, when it hasn't even gone into alpha yet.
    The standard is that pay2win games are free2play. But the standard doesnt apply to Blizzard. They still think they are some kind of premium developer when in reality they are pretty much the worst AAA developer today. But the competition is hard, Bethesda, EA and Ubisoft are fighting hard for the title. WoW is buy2play, has a subscription AND microtransasctions. Blizzard in 2022 is greed, greed, greed and no substance.
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    p2w is not inherently unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by MrFawlty View Post
    The standard is that pay2win games are free2play. But the standard doesnt apply to Blizzard.
    Okay, and? What does have to do with your complaints about the microtransactions that somehow exist in a non-existent game?

They still think they are some kind of premium developer when in reality they are pretty much the worst AAA developer today.
    If you believe that, I got a bridge to sell you.

WoW is buy2play, has a subscription AND microtransasctions. Blizzard in 2022 is greed, greed, greed and no substance.
    So is Final Fantasy XIV, last I checked?

Okay, and? What does have to do with your complaints about the microtransactions that somehow exist in a non-existent game?

Nah nice try. Spending 0 dollars to click the mmochamp bookmark and comment on a random thread in the recent list is not comparable to the idiots who pay every month to be miserable in this appalling game. I'm glad Elden Ring is going to be ruining the discourse of game difficulty for the next few years.
    At no point have I claimed people weren't getting gold from the token or that gold can not be used to acquire power.

Nah nice try. Spending 0 dollars to click the mmochamp bookmark and comment on a random thread in the recent list is not comparable to the idiots who pay every month to be miserable in this appalling game.
    ... What are you even talking about? You make less sense than a person high on LSD, heroin and morphine, all at the same time! What does the MMO-Champion forum has anything to do with your faulty complain about microtransactions that exist in a non-existent game?

I'm glad Elden Ring is going to be ruining the discourse of game difficulty for the next few years.
    Great! Then go play that, and stop spewing incoherent insanity into these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Really don't understand why anyone cares about char custimization in an ARPG.

First of all, as soon as you put on armor, you can't see any of it.

On top of that like most modern ARPGs, combat will be so visually bloated and stimulating that even if you weren't wearing armor you're never going to see your custimization in the middle of all that visual clutter anyway.
    I guess it's just more psychological for me. The thought and idea of it existing--just knowing that I was able to put together my own avatar--is good enough for a player such as myself.

... What are you even talking about? You make less sense than a person high on LSD, heroin and morphine, all at the same time! What does the MMO-Champion forum has anything to do with your faulty complain about microtransactions that exist in a non-existent game?

Great! Then go play that, and stop spewing incoherent insanity into these forums.

How about no.

PoE doesn't force you into combat zones with other players (Only towns) where it sounds like D4 will. Open World PvP zones, sounds like we're pushing into MMO territory even further, especially with open world Raid bosses. I can already see people partying up to form a roving death ball through these areas for anyone unfortunate enough to venture into them alone. Also forced group content doesn't work well in an ARPG unless you're severely restricting the kind of upgrades a character can get.

How about no.
    How about "yes"? The more you complain, the more you talk about PoE, the more it seems that is the game you want to play, not Diablo IV.

PoE doesn't force you into combat zones with other players (Only towns) where it sounds like D4 will.
    So you don't know any of that, you only think it will, a statement that seems quite suspect considering your apparent bias against the D4 game.

How about "yes"? The more you complain, the more you talk about PoE, the more it seems that is the game you want to play, not Diablo IV.

So you don't know any of that, you only think it will, a statement that seems quite suspect considering your apparent bias against the D4 game.
    Asking full price for a game then chokeload it with MTX is not fine. When they sell 30M copies of the game, the price of development AND keeping the servers up should be calculated in that selling price (also servers are penny cheap nowadays).
    Blizzard has completed the transition from a successful game development company to a successful profiteering company that makes games. The transition has been a long time in the making, starting before even Activision's involvement, but DI is the culmination.

Asking full price for a game then chokeload it with MTX is not fine. When they sell 30M copies of the game, the price of development AND keeping the servers up should be calculated in that selling price (also servers are penny cheap nowadays).
    Are the salaries of those working to maintain and troubleshoot the servers, as well as customer service, also 'penny cheap'?

Are the salaries of those working to maintain and troubleshoot the servers, as well as customer service, also 'penny cheap'?
    How about no.
    Poe microtransactions don't include gear/power ups. Basing on Diablo: Immortal we can safely assume that D4 will have power ups available in shop.
    So we're assuming blizzard is now going to do the *right* thing? Lot of updates to diablo 3 are there? 1 expansion and then rifts for how many years now?
    Witcher 3 says Hi! Gave away how many dlc's for free again?

How about no.
    Then don't claim "servers are pretty cheap" since manpower is required to keep them up and running.

Poe microtransactions don't include gear/power ups.
    Path of Exile also isn't a mobile game port.

Basing on Diablo: Immortal
    Stop right there. You're comparing a mobile game port to a PC game. D:I is immaterial to how Diablo IV will work regarding microtransactions.

So we're assuming blizzard is now going to do the *right* thing?
    Never said that. That's misrepresentation.

Witcher 3 says Hi! Gave away how many dlc's for free again?
    Witcher 3. From a different company. CD ProjektRed. Tell me again how well made Cyperpunk 2077 is? Did it have any issues?

Then don't claim "servers are pretty cheap" since manpower is required to keep them up and running.

Path of Exile also isn't a mobile game port.

Stop right there. You're comparing a mobile game port to a PC game. D:I is immaterial to how Diablo IV will work regarding microtransactions.

Never said that. That's misrepresentation.

Witcher 3. From a different company. CD ProjektRed. Tell me again how well made Cyperpunk 2077 is? Did it have any issues?

But that's not an answer to that.
    I'm fine with the location changes, because that's more reflective of what those locations should look like. It makes sense.
    "Locations should look like what they actually do, but characters should not lul"

Blizzard's recent history in PC games user score - 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, and 3.1. Is there a worse AAA developer than that?

So?
    Last edited by Det; 2022-06-29 at 08:47 PM.