Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Only with the classes. You ca learn all the classes, skill trees for them all, and swap any of the main 6 into anyone you want. Similar to X. As a story connection nope. X is it's own thing that has easter egg/fanservice nodd to previous xeno titles. It will be it's own universe seperate from Chronicles.

As a side note, it lookalike they are merging the not only the worlds of 1&2 but systems/combat of both, with tons if lore beats from gears and saga, which have been present in all the Blade games.
    XC1 was it's own thing before XC2 existed. It's a massive assumption to make thinking every xeno game ever isn't connected when signs point to them in fact all being connected. Mira could easily be the world Galea created when Klaus activated the conduit(the other half of her is still missing and unaccounted for unlike Klaus), which is in fact the zohar from xenosaga and xenogears. It's all connected dude... The trilogy may be more connected than the rest but assuming you won't see some shenanigans happen from X to further link the games is pretty silly at this point. The only thing holding back to full linking of the entire xeno series is BN owning saga and square enix owning gears.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 12:34 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    They aren't that connected because there's inconsistencies between them since they are obviously by different companies, but they are kinda close

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    They aren't that connected because there's inconsistencies between them since they are obviously by different companies, but they are kinda close
    They aren't that connected because they don't decide how to connect them until they release new games. XC2 was clearly not planned while they made 1 when Alvis had to be changed in the DE to have an aegis core crystal he never had originally for example.

Which is why making assumptions before a new game releases about what is or isn't connected is quite silly. There are a million different ways they can connect mira to XC3 if they want to since it's clearly not in the same dimension they left their version of earth from.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 12:47 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    They aren't that connected because they don't decide how to connect them until they release new games. XC2 was clearly not planned while they made 1 when Alvis had to be changed in the DE to have an aegis core crystal he never had originally for example.

Which is why making assumptions before a new game releases about what is or isn't connected is quite silly. There are a million different ways they can connect mira to XC3 if they want to since it's clearly not in the same dimension they left their version of earth from.
    They could, but i don't think he will. He finally gets to make perfect works and he's just going to stick to that for the next 3 games.

They could, but i don't think he will. He finally gets to make perfect works and he's just going to stick to that for the next 3 games.
    If you really think he is going to do his "perfect works" then I'd be surprised if Mira isn't in fact lost jerusalem and the world the aftermath of XC3 will leave behind. It would certainly explain all the weird ass shit from XC1 in the game like the monado, telethia and nopon. Well the nopon could be written off as mascot characters of the franchise but the telethia itself is sketchy as fuck as is the side quest where you find the monado. A place that looks like Alcamoth is also in the art book of mira, which was always weird as fuck.

It's either that or it's Galea's universe or both. At this point I highly doubt it's not connected to the greater narrative, especially with where the story is going in XC3.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 01:04 AM.

XC1 was it's own thing before XC2 existed. It's a massive assumption to make thinking every xeno game ever isn't connected when signs point to them in fact all being connected. Mira could easily be the world Galea created when Klaus activated the conduit(the other half of her is still missing and unaccounted for unlike Klaus), which is in fact the zohar from xenosaga and xenogears. It's all connected dude... The trilogy may be more connected than the rest but assuming you won't see some shenanigans happen from X to further link the games is pretty silly at this point. The only thing holding back to full linking of the entire xeno series is BN owning saga and square enix owning gears.
    Yeah I insinuate that. They all have similar themes. The basic outline for all there Blade games was basically there from the beginning.

Mira could but earth was destroyed before the time of Klaus. Plus Takahashi stated once that X was it's own thing. The stuff from X is just nods to those that played gears and saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefhammer View Post
    Yeah I insinuate that. They all have similar themes. The basic outline for all there Blade games was basically there from the beginning.

Mira could but earth was destroyed before the time of Klaus. Plus Takahashi stated once that X was it's own thing. The stuff from X is just nods to those that played gears and saga.
    Mira is clearly not in the same dimension as the earth that was destroyed at the start of X, that earth is kind of irrelevant to connecting it to the other games. Mira itself is the thing that will connect to them if it does.

There are more nods to saga in XC2 than there are in X btw lol. Gears is also sort of irrelevant since it's incomplete and not his actual vision.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 01:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you really think he is going to do his "perfect works" then I'd be surprised if Mira isn't in fact lost jerusalem and the world the aftermath of XC3 will leave behind. It would certainly explain all the weird ass shit from XC1 in the game like the monado, telethia and nopon. Well the nopon could be written off as mascot characters of the franchise but the telethia itself is sketchy as fuck as is the side quest where you find the monado. A place that looks like Alcamoth is also in the art book of mira, which was always weird as fuck.

It's either that or it's Galea's universe or both. At this point I highly doubt it's not connected to the greater narrative, especially with where the story is going in XC3.
    It's pretty clear he is. xb2 had a ton of lore not explained in game, specifically having to do with siren. But anyway, mira is a whole different planet so it doesn't make sense for it to be lost jerusalem. I don't think x is connected and was made to be something different than what he's used to making, but because of the fans wanting a proper story driven game, they pivoted to chronicles

It's pretty clear he is. xb2 had a ton of lore not explained in game, specifically having to do with siren. But anyway, mira is a whole different planet so it doesn't make sense for it to be lost jerusalem. I don't think x is connected and was made to be something different than what he's used to making, but because of the fans wanting a proper story driven game, they pivoted to chronicles
    Mira is a whole different planet that has alcamoth the monado and the last telethia? Sure jan.

Anyways, I could be wrong but more than likely what I see happening is what I said above. XCXDE being released in a few years and XCX2 a few years after that. "its all connected" as his own game even says.

They could ignore the blatant connections Mira has but it would be ignoring an easy pitch to Nintendo for the X2 sequel he still wants to make as of his last interview as well as an easy pitch for another remaster to fill out release schedules.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-06-23 at 02:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Mira is a whole different planet that has alcamoth the monado and the last telethia? Sure jan.

Anyways, I could be wrong but more than likely what I see happening is what I said above. XCXDE being released in a few years and XCX2 a few years after that. "its all connected" as his own game even says.

They could ignore the blatant connections Mira has but it would be ignoring an easy pitch to Nintendo for the X2 sequel he still wants to make as of his last interview as well as an easy pitch for another remaster to fill out release schedules.
    Yeah I think they were just easter eggs. Of course, if we get an xde with some connections that's fine.

Yeah I think they were just easter eggs. Of course, if we get an xde with some connections that's fine.
    I don't really think it's an easter egg when it shows up and saves the party during a main story cutscene.

And is also ofc the hardest boss in the game that has it's own unique boss music. Everything about it was portrayed as "this thing is a big fucking deal".

Rune Factory 5 is officially coming to PC.

Will be nice to play it with more than 20fps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Rune Factory 5 is officially coming to PC.

Will be nice to play it with more than 20fps.
    Better loading times, too.

That game is a mess in how it runs on Switch.

There are way more problems with RF5 than its performance. RF4S is the better game in almost every way outside of the more retro look and not having same sex romance options.

Here is an example of a non-introspective opinion on gaming, imo:

https://www.jumpdashroll.com/article...getting-boring

IMO, this is a poor quality opinion because it is obtuse, unintentionally as it may be. Opinions like this are a sign of an aging gaming demo, but not of a decline in gaming quality.

First, the author writes that because the vast majority of the top 100 on metacritic were released before 2017, ladadadada. That of course is an opinion that is completely ignorant of the changes in the review industry along with the increased incentivication of clickbait creating an environment where it is more difficult to score very highly on metacritic than it was in the past. Also, the weighted averages of metacritic as we have discussed is not necessarily indicative of the quality of a game. Finally, the patching efforts in modern games tend to increase their quality longer after release than before. This is just not a valid metric.

Then he says Forbidden West is boring, imo most likely the crux of the opinion. Forbidden West is boring, it isn't the effort I wanted, and I do tend to agree. However, Forbidden West is NOT the tentpole title for the gaming industry. Elden Ring came out just about the same time and it is a goat. He complains about CAll of Duty and Far Cry, and I just want to say:

Stop playing crappy games.

Tell me you only play AAA games without telling me you only play AAA games the article.

Good titles are not few and far between. New, awesome, weird titles come out everyday.

Just recently:

Shredder's Revenge
    Neon White
    The Quarry

Imo, this is the mindset of a many gamers. They only play AAA games, and they don't enjoy them. Play different games. Play Triangle Strategy or Valheim or Tunic or Lego Star Wars or Kirby or Inscryption or any number of of the vast and varied games that come out so fast I can't buy them all.

If you can't find something to play, it's you. Let's face it, we got old, try to differentiate between your own boredom with the hobby in general and the actual product. Usually opinions like this come from people who like the idea of gaming but not the actual act. Spend all day in discord, dreading actually having to play. Complain that call of duty got bad trying to paint the whole industry, play good games and gaming will become good again. Re-evaluate what games you think are good, because Call of Duty and Far Cry ain't ever it. Find someone who can give you recommendations and don't trust your own tastes if you find your own tastes boring they probably are. Imagine being more hyped about the next call of duty or far cry or madden, than silksong.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-06-23 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    First, the author writes that because the vast majority of the top 100 on metacritic were released before 2017, ladadadada.
    You should of stopped reading there.

It's a hell of a lot easier for OoT to have a 99 based off only 22 critic reviews than it is for BoTW to have a 97 based off 109 critic reviews.

THPS2 is a great game, anyone that thinks it would score a 98 on metacritic if it released tomorrow is so full of shit they must be typing their article from the toilet. Using a source that would call THPS2 the 2nd best game of all time is unironically hilarious and probably the dumbest person to ever waste time reading from.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sjw who plays nothing but garbage western games because everything is problematic thinks theyre boring. Wow. Anyway my next 2 months of cold steel 4, xb3 and soul hackers 2 gonna be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    There are way more problems with RF5 than its performance. RF4S is the better game in almost every way outside of the more retro look and not having same sex romance options.
    Sure, but RF4 is also practically the absolute peak of the whole genre.

5 isn't as good as 4, no one's claiming that, but there's a half decent game with some jank beneath all of the performance issues there still.

Ah, the good olé "i only play specific western AAA IPs and they bore me, so the entire gaming industry is in a decline and bad!" bs.
    I feel really sorry for people that stubbornly refuse to play anything that isn't the yearly CoD, the next Ubisoft open world #542 or whatever. If i'd only play that stuff, i'd also think everything is bad, rather than thinking gaming is better than ever. When RF5 announced the PC date i was just "goddammn, not MORE games this summer! It's already packed!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Sjw who plays nothing but garbage western games because everything is problematic thinks theyre boring. Wow. Anyway my next 2 months of cold steel 4, xb3 and soul hackers 2 gonna be awesome
    The person in the article never said anything eastern games being problematic. You're projecting and being super cringe rn.