Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Why? We have enough tank classes. Besides, most of them plays the same anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    It's not head canon lol? They literally took on the name blood elf to honor their fallen. If you were somehow transported to wow and called a blood elf a high elf they would beat the crap out of you.
    Name.

It doesn't change what they are, only how they see themself.

No they haven't. It's fairly commonly understood that a void elf using the base skin colors ie not void isn't actually meant to be void from an rp perspective.
    RP doesn't mean crap. Horde has playable High Elves and has had them for almost fourteen and a half years now. In fact, by stating Void Elves are High Elves, you're admitting to this fact.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Name.

It doesn't change what they are, only how they see themself.
    No taking in the fel that altered them genetically is what changed that

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    RP doesn't mean crap. Horde has playable High Elves and has had them for almost fourteen and a half years now. In fact, by stating Void Elves are High Elves, you're admitting to this fact.
    I didn't state void elves were high elves I stated they had the appearance option to look like high elves. I also said the only high elves left are in the silver covenant.

I didn't state void elves were high elves I stated they had the appearance option to look like high elves. I also said the only high elves left are in the silver covenant.
    No, they're living in Silvermoon City, their home. And members of the Horde now.

No, that's just something you made up. It's not part of the actual lore. In fact, Genetics as such are never even mentioned anywhere, and for all we know the WarCraft universe might not even have gene-equivalents. That would at least explain why three species from three different planets can interbreed.

No, they're living in Silvermoon City, their home. And members of the Horde now.
    No they aren't try again

No they aren't try again
    Sorry dude... they're the same people. They're High Elves. They're Horde. End of Discussion.

Sorry dude... they're the same people. They're High Elves. They're Horde. End of Discussion.
    High Elves basically splintered some became the silver covenant and lived in Dalaran, some became fel/magic addicted and became known as blood elves after they were slaughtered by Arthas, some of these also then dabbled in Void and became Void elves. They are literally all the same elves. There were even some blood elves who didn’t dabble in the magic addiction and lived just outside the silvermoon area and remained their regular blue eyed selves.

Blizzard just added the customisation to let you choose which type of elf you wanted to be. But they are all the same elves

10+ Year Old Account

No. It did not change them genetically. High elves became blood elves in name only. You're wrong.

So odd, you continuously use the "change genetically" argument in the wrong sense with blood elves, and won't use it when it's appropriate like say with... you know... void elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Findalt View Post
    This is where we are in Shadowlands:
    • Current tank specs: 6
    • Current healer specs: 6
    • Current melee specs: 13
    • Current ranged specs: 11

Dragonflight adds 1 healer class and 1 ranged class.

Dragonflight with Evoker:
    • Current tank specs: 6
    • Current healer specs: 7
    • Current melee specs: 13
    • Current ranged specs: 12

This is nearly balanced, but not quite. Survival can help re-balance it. If you consider the community response to Survival since it's melee change - most of current Survival players are only playing it because of it's damage output, not because the spec itself is good. Then things could look like this.

Dragonflight if Survival turns into a tank spec:
    • Current tank specs: 7
    • Current healer specs: 7
    • Current melee specs: 12
    • Current ranged specs: 12

This incidentally makes Tank and Healer specs be 18.4% of the available specs, close enough to the 20% they should be to have a healthy population to enable Dungeons.

So this is the statistical case to make Survival into a tank spec. Blizzard I believe in your come back, you can do it!
    Almost, except it's going to be arms that becomes a healer spec. Why? Because this rounds out warrior kits nicely into all roles.
    Also it's only natural due to the name "arms"; we sew arms back on!

Now as this rounds out the warrior kit to 1 healer, 1 tank and 1 dps it becomes clear that there is statistical proof to add a ranged dps specc as well, involving trebuchets and crossbows. This "siegemaster" will feature a heavy use of guns, crossbows, explosives and mechanical contraptions, and will be available to all races EXCEPT gnomes and goblins, who are obviously too ugly to use this sweet technology.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    High Elves basically splintered some became the silver covenant and lived in Dalaran, some became fel/magic addicted and became known as blood elves after they were slaughtered by Arthas, some of these also then dabbled in Void and became Void elves. They are literally all the same elves. There were even some blood elves who didn’t dabble in the magic addiction and lived just outside the silvermoon area and remained their regular blue eyed selves.

Blizzard just added the customisation to let you choose which type of elf you wanted to be. But they are all the same elves
    Same species. Sorry dude. They're a HORDE RACE. Time to get over it. Only been a fact for 14 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    No. It did not change them genetically. High elves became blood elves in name only. You're wrong.

So odd, you continuously use the "change genetically" argument in the wrong sense with blood elves, and won't use it when it's appropriate like say with... you know... void elves.
    Void elves absolutely aren't high elves. Like I said the only high elves are the silver covenant but by giving natural skin color to void elves blizz essentially made it viable to rp as high elves since they aren't going to make yet another elf player race.,

Void elves absolutely aren't high elves. Like I said the only high elves are the silver covenant but by giving natural skin color to void elves blizz essentially made it viable to rp as high elves since they aren't going to make yet another elf player race.,
    And the Blood Elves, as the only actual difference is politics and diet. You're still wrong.

Oh dude it's almost like my idea about a dual class system is the solution to all this variety constraint.

Essentially it would be the same as changing specs but you would just load up the secondary or primary class with all the specs within pretty easy to implement and would completely change how people play the game in a significant way.

It will undoubtedly be a major expansion feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Oh dude it's almost like my idea about a dual class system is the solution to all this variety constraint.

Essentially it would be the same as changing specs but you would just load up the secondary or primary class with all the specs within pretty easy to implement and would completely change how people play the game in a significant way.

It will undoubtedly be a major expansion feature.
    Yeah it would be nice to have an ff14 type system but it won't happen would need to rebuild that game from the ground up.

Same species. Sorry dude. They're a HORDE RACE. Time to get over it. Only been a fact for 14 years now.
    They are a splintered race. They were originally Alliance and some stayed alliance. They were Alliance until Kael renamed them to bloodelves and they joined the horde after Garithos decided to have them be cannon fodder….until that point they were alliance.

Then once becoming horde due to that betrayal the few that were still within the alliance stayed in the alliance and the few which decided to play with the void were exiled and joined back up with the alliance. Alleria and Vareesa are both Alliance…both are high elves…you can’t say the whole race is Horde when that is clearly not the case mate. It doesn’t work like that. Not when it’s so splintered and broken up like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    They are a splintered race. They were originally Alliance and some stayed alliance. They were Alliance until Kael renamed them to bloodelves and they joined the horde after Garithos decided to have them be cannon fodder….until that point they were alliance.

Then once becoming horde due to that betrayal the few that were still within the alliance stayed in the alliance and the few which decided to play with the void were exiled and joined back up with the alliance. Alleria and Vareesa are both Alliance…both are high elves…you can’t say the whole race is Horde when that is clearly not the case mate. It doesn’t work like that. Not when it’s so splintered and broken up like it is.
    I never said they all were Horde. I said they have been a HORDE. PLAYABLE. RACE. SINCE. 2007.

I never said they all were Horde. I said they have been a HORDE. PLAYABLE. RACE. SINCE. 2007.
    You can tone down the aggression. But the race as a playable is also not a 100% horde race as high elves. Void elves are also high elves so it’s (again) a splintered race just like Pandaren are both alliance and horde so are the high elves you just as a player choose your faction differently. Elves when you make your character Pandaren when you finish the zone. They are both the same species as you said. Void elves are the same as blood elves.

I’m not trying to argue I’m just being practical. Please don’t take my comments as being an argument that’s not my intention

Quote Originally Posted by Corydon View Post
    Not bullshit. Having more options/flavours to be a tank will lead to more people trying and potentially sticking to that new option. Not to a fundamentally large degree, but there will be more tanks. See, I have as much clairvoyance as you.
    this doesnt mean more people will tank, its most likely that those who already do like tanking would try out a new tank specc. reason why people dont want to tank is due limited spots in raid, pugging M+ is a nightmare and you need to know routes and have a big responsability.