Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    This was why they reduced the "true" max range of the camera as well, right? Not the slider, but the commands to increase that rnage even further. I used to have it zoomed out pretty far, and it was frustrating when they changed it, but I understand their logic for sure.
    People are upset the solution wasn't increasing everybody's FOV slider to 120 instead of hotfixing it to stay at 90. The former solution likely couldn't be rolled out in a hotfix, though, so playing Devil's Advocate maybe they'll reconsider this in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    This.
    I will never understand how a company of all things can produce such petty stubborn stupidity.

You'd think that someone in that huge construct would bother slapping the guy who decided this.
    As Ion said back in legion. People who play with interface mods, add-ons or just use scripts have an advantage over people who don't and they add restrictions so people who play without those things can be somewhat cempetitive.

I think they have it the wrong way around. Instead of restricting the game options and making the game worse, they should add functionality so you don't need to install add-ons or use scripts. Yes, zooming out further or increasing the FoV gives an advantage because you can see more of your surrounding and better judge the situation. Seeing if mobs are comming your way, seeing where other people from your group or raid are is helpful and makes playing dungeons and raids better and should be added as an option instead of being removed or restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    People are upset the solution wasn't increasing everybody's FOV slider to 120 instead of hotfixing it to stay at 90. The former solution likely couldn't be rolled out in a hotfix, though, so playing Devil's Advocate maybe they'll reconsider this in the future.
    Here is to hoping.

Fun fact: Limiting your FoV to a max but allowing things like 21:9 / 32:9 is actually worse than upping the FoV cap and not properly introducing a projection correction technique. Speaking as someone who has used all three of these, it's far worse to have higher FoV's on a wider and wider screen without any proper warping techniques. But as someone whose played games that hard lock your FoV, an ultrawide and super ultra / megawide definitely gain a large visual advantage. Not that it matters, as you should be able to up your FoV ANYWAYS - and being able to pay attention to either sides of such a large screen is difficult.

7+ Year Old Account
    or that time quite a while ago they limited the maximum you could zoom out with the camera by quite a lot

Would a smaller iris, similar to what is seen with smaug, increase fov?

10+ Year Old Account
    again, Pee Vee Pee ruining WoW!!!

/s
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    This has to be because of the top 100 sweatiest neckbeards as usual. God forbid the esports crowd get a competitive advantage, the motion sick can go fuck themselves is essentially what they're saying.
    Because the number of motion sickness people outnumbers the esports crowd? Highly doubtful. They're still a business and will support you brings in more money and esports brings in more money per person than the normal game does.

Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    or that time quite a while ago they limited the maximum you could zoom out with the camera by quite a lot
    Ya, people forget how drastic it was too. Really should have just changed the slider in the options, I still feel kinda claustrophobic compared to how I used to play.

Fun (or in this context QoL) dectected.

Remember how they always said they want us to appreciate the world they've built every time they didn't let us fly from day 1? The fov value of 120 made us see more of what we're supposed to appreciate xD
    Last edited by ceall; 2022-06-23 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatfish View Post
    Ya, people forget how drastic it was too. Really should have just changed the slider in the options, I still feel kinda claustrophobic compared to how I used to play.
    How much are you really reacting to in terms of what is seen though? I get that as a raid lead you may want to be able to see trials from across the room. But you're probably standing yourself within a 15 yard zone which you have pre planned in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    "Blizzard

The ability to adjust your Field of View was added in 9.2.5 as an accessibility measure to help combat motion sickness.

Increasing it past the max of 90, a maximum that has been in place since WoW launched, was not intended. We're working on a hotfix to cap it at 90."

Why would they add an accessibility option to *reduce* field of view but not expand it??
    90 fov is plenty for a 16:9 monitor considering the game is not first person. the only people who may have a problem are people running ultrawides, but, like i said, since the game is not first person, 90 is probably plenty for for them, too.

5+ Year Old Account
    Good I didn't wanna have to use it, but would have because of the obvious advantage it provides.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    How much are you really reacting to in terms of what is seen though? I get that as a raid lead you may want to be able to see trials from across the room. But you're probably standing yourself within a 15 yard zone which you have pre planned in any case.
    I mean, I'm currently GM of a raiding guild and at the time of the camera nerf was a healing officer in a RWF style guild. It's enough of a difference so that if I were playing melee dps on Lords of Dread that I wouldn't have to swing my camera to see the ghost adds. For last tier I wouldn't have had to move my camera to see where pizza slices were spawning on Soulrender. It was pretty significant, especially for melee classes, and even more so on larger bosses.

You could easily make the argument that it makes the game more engaging since camera control becomes a real skill, but I personally find it a bit annoying sometimes to need to worry about my rotation, whatever shit is happening during a boss/dungeon, and have to constantly fiddle with the camera so I can actually see what is going on. Maybe it doesn't matter as much with addons being more tuned, but being able to see more of the field of battle is generally a good thing.

edit: Just throwing out there, getting good screenshots and such was a pretty good benefit as well. Again more so if you are playing a Tauren or something where you're now taking up 1/16th of the screen with your character instead of 1/48th or something.
    Last edited by Goatfish; 2022-06-23 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Right, but many people find the increased FOV to be quite unpleasant. So the "standard" or in this case, "max" needs to be a comfortable FOV for EVERYONE - assuming you follow the logic that it is to ensure no one gains an advantage over others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    90 fov is plenty for a 16:9 monitor considering the game is not first person. the only people who may have a problem are people running ultrawides, but, like i said, since the game is not first person, 90 is probably plenty for for them, too.
    Honestly, 90 was and is absolutely fine in 21:9. Cant speak for any aspect ratio beyond that though.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2022-06-23 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    Basically this - and the obvious PvP issue (or even PvE) where if you can see more real estate on your screen you have an advantage, and that's just a fact(how big the advantage is is another topic).

Fun fact, Lost Ark set a solution to this by letting everyone independently from their hardware to set the game at a 21:9 ratio if you want (it's an option in game). This way everyone is on the same field and you don't need to do fancy stuff with the FoV.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Basically this - and the obvious PvP issue (or even PvE) where if you can see more real estate on your screen you have an advantage, and that's just a fact(how big the advantage is is another topic).
    ... and? It's not like it's that secret of an option, if you want the advantage, you can literally just enable it.

funny - i haven't heard that there's a fov option at all until yesterday and now it's being fixed
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

Quote Originally Posted by Athorha View Post
    Play any DoT class. You will love to have a better overview of things.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Play any DoT class. You will love to have a better overview of things.
    I'd say arcane is top tier in that regard. I think as you shift into pvp / less reliable monotony hunters and death knights edge out arcane and dot classes in that responsibility. Warlocks and druids are cool cause you have to line up 15 second and 12 second kill windows, but so does the warrior.

7+ Year Old Account
    i fucking hated it @Goatfish